Thread: Bluetooth

Bluetooth

I have a PS3 bluetooth headset. I was wondering if it is possible to hook it up with my PC so I can use it as a headset. If so, how do I go about doing that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have bluetooth on you computer?

I have vista, and I see a "Add bluetooth device" but when I try to use it with my PS3 headset, it claims I don't have the drivers?

10+ Year Old Account
    It should install any drivers automatically... do you have your windows up-to-date?
    Any bluetooth device should work just fine with a computer if it has bluetooth.

Quote Originally Posted by M4xC4v413r4 View Post
    It should install any drivers automatically... do you have your windows up-to-date?
    Any bluetooth device should work just fine with a computer if it has bluetooth.
    It's the PS3 Bluetooth.. Well, now it is not even discovering the Bluetooth even though I have the Bluetooth in discover mode.

The bluetooth stack in stock windows is utter rubbish. You have to figure out what bluetooth chip you have, and download an appropriate stack for that. After that your headset should work more or less properly.

Quote Originally Posted by zox View Post
    The bluetooth stack in stock windows is utter rubbish. You have to figure out what bluetooth chip you have, and download an appropriate stack for that. After that your headset should work more or less properly.
    How do I find out what chip I have in the PS3 Bluetooth and where do I download said stack? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter if it's the ps3 bluetooth headset or any other bluetooth headset, it's the same thing, you can use any bluetooth headset on the ps3 too.

And i think zox means the bluetooth chip on your computer, not the headset.

Quote Originally Posted by M4xC4v413r4 View Post
    It doesn't matter if it's the ps3 bluetooth headset or any other bluetooth headset, it's the same thing, you can use any bluetooth headset on the ps3 too.

And i think zox means the bluetooth chip on your computer, not the headset.
    How do I find out what chip it is? All I know it is the one that came with windows Vista.

---------- Post added 2011-04-04 at 04:51 PM ----------

Was this thread moved to the video games section? I swear I made this thread in the computers section.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    How do I find out what chip it is? All I know it is the one that came with windows Vista.
    I meant the chip in your computer. It does not come with windows vista, as it is hardware, not software. Figuring out what bluetooth chip you have is not quite straightforward I think, especially if what you have is a bluetooth dongle. Chances are though its either broadcom or toshiba. There is also little freeware tool you can try http://bluetoothinstaller.com/. If you have the chip on your motherboard or you're using a laptop, then it's a bit easier to refer to the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by zox View Post
    I meant the chip in your computer. It does not come with windows vista, as it is hardware, not software. Figuring out what bluetooth chip you have is not quite straightforward I think, especially if what you have is a bluetooth dongle. Chances are though its either broadcom or toshiba. There is also little freeware tool you can try http://bluetoothinstaller.com/. If you have the chip on your motherboard or you're using a laptop, then it's a bit easier to refer to the manual.
    Apparently I don't have any drivers on my PC according to that program.. Why would they put "Add Bluetooth Device" in the control pannel if I had no drivers? =D Where does one download said drivers or whatever so bluetooth can work with my PC?

http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php Try this one. Personally I don't like this stack, but it works more often than not.