Poll: What Resident Evil did you think was the best?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Indeed, the original Resident Evil: Code Veronica was the best resident evil ever.
    Yeah i did apologise for not listing it. It completely slipped my mind so again sorry peeps.

RE2.. By the time 3 hit the stores, Silent Hill had pretty much completely ruined REs integrity as a horror game in anything but gameplay.
    And the Onimusha series that Capcom themselves released beat any later instalments of their RE franchise clear out of the ring in terms of cheesy/goofy abomination killing goodness. (You get to play as Jean Reno wielding a flaming whip in one of them for god's sake!)
    Dont get me wrong.. I love just about all the RE games, i just feel that 2 was its peak.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    Yeah i did apologise for not listing it. It completely slipped my mind so again sorry peeps.
    Happens a lot :\ not many people played the experienced the marvel of the original dreamcast version and tried the code veronica X instead, which was not on par with the original and it got trashed and forgotten.

Anyway voting for resident evil 2 instead then ^^

RE 2 I think was the best with RE 3 in a very very close 2nd place.

Cmon Resi 2 make me proud!

Deleted
    No Code Veronica ? That one was clearly the best.

Gonna have to go with 4! Was pure awesome and scared the shit out of me!

Loved 1,2, and 3 though so really everyone a winner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has to be Resident Evil 2, althought I really did enjoy the games on the Gamecube (pretty much why I bought one) as a close second.

In terms of actual horror, I'd have to say the remake of the first game was genuinely creepy. Hate the crimson heads.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually stopped playing RE2 because I couldn't play it without being scared shitless... because of that, it is the best in the series as I never felt that much terror from any of the other RE games in the series as much as I did when playing RE2.

Resident Evil 4 was a great remake, and stands at the pinnacle of the series. 2nd place goes to RE3; Nemesis was just a monster in how he'd chase you around and even come at you with a rocket launcher. Why people found playing 2+ hours in the police station fun in 2 is beyond. I was terrible bored with that game. It was by far the worst one for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resident Evil 1 was revolutionary IMO. I loved it, and 2. Really started to get into PC online gaming and online console gaming. So I never really got to play 3 or 4.

Every resident evil game was great.

The best was 1 with 2 closely behind it.

The reason 1 was the best was because it had that shock factor to it (especially the first time through) I mean come on there you are strolling along and you go into the cabin that takes you outside and bam one of the green dudes just pops out and lops off your head. I mean the real poll should have been how many times did you play RE1 just to get the under 3 hour or 2 hour (cant remember its been so long) done so you can run around with the rocket launcher one shotting everything!

RE2 was just amazing, it still had that shock factor.. Being able to do the story line from both characters allowing you to see what 1 did when not with the other.

After RE2 was out the shock factor was pretty much lost but the games and story lines are still some of my favorite.

Deleted
    Well I can't say much since I've only played one, but atleast i can say that the fourth one is a good one.