10+ Year Old Account

[Megathread] Archage

Just seen the latest Trionworlds livestream.

The English version of Archeage is now officially on track for NA/EU release.

Game includes sandbox play, ship building, castle building, castle building, PvP, siege and ship battles on a grand scale.

Game will based on the F2P model and according to the CM, it will be as close to the "Rift" no tricks, no traps, full content accessible model as possible.

Game should be released in 2014

Forums are now live : http://forums.archeagegame.com/

Will be uploading more info soon.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2014-03-22 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Game includes sandbox play, ship building, castle building, castle building, PvP, siege and ship battles on a grand scale.

Game will based on the F2P model and according to the CM, it will be as close to the "Rift" no tricks, no traps, full content accessible model as possible.

Forums are now live : http://forums.archeagegame.com/

Will be uploading more info soon.
    Let's not forget bad Engrish translations. :P
    Still, excited though.

Im back, and i will update the OP when Trion releases enough information for the NA/EU version, its coming baby, its coming!!!

Sadly, all the sandbox perspectives are trampled under the very distinct Korean artstyle. One should really like anime-themed games to tolerate it. As there will be no attempts on art Westernization, the game will be a niche within a niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Sadly, all the sandbox perspectives are trampled under the very distinct Korean artstyle. One should really like anime-themed games to tolerate it. As there will be no attempts on art Westernization, the game will be a niche within a niche.
    In my opinion, Eastern stylized art style >>>> Disney/Pixar art style numerous western MMOs use. Also it's not anime art. This is anime art style: http://img.online-station.net/_news/2011/1222/2_04.jpg http://www.steparu.com/images/0314/s...lworkernew.jpg

Either way; why would the devs waste time remaking tons of textures, some models, etc to cater to a tiny minority that hates the eastern art style? This is an eastern game either deal with it, or don't play. It's as simple as that. And I definitely have to add here that I don't think any eastern game has ever completely changed art styles (and in the process have to remake tons of textures, etc) to cater to a small minority when bringing the game to the west, ever.

And of course it will be niche, expecting otherwise is crazy.
    Last edited by Phaere; 2014-03-24 at 11:19 PM.

Interesting but maaaan, those gears look kinda ridiculous (especially female stuff). And I usually play female characters because male characters in MMOs aren't often very appealing. :|

Guild Wars had good balance with what kind of gear you can get and you can even 'transmog' them.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaere View Post
    In my opinion, Eastern stylized art style >>>> Disney/Pixar art style numerous western MMOs use. Also it's not anime art. This is anime art style: http://www.steparu.com/images/0314/s...workernew.jpgp

And of course it will be niche, expecting otherwise is crazy.
    I like the body structure more that is present in most Asian styled MMOs. Western MMOs tend to have ridiculous muscle fantasies (look at WoW lol, the human in Mists cinematic looks like he's been spiking some synthol.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    What screenshots I saw, the only thing the art has to do with anime is that both are derivated from realism, which is the exact same for western art.
    Last edited by Thes; 2014-03-24 at 11:06 PM.

Deleted
    Is it possible to watch a cap of the livestream somewhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Is it possible to watch a cap of the livestream somewhere?

Nevah !! ...... oh go on then

To be honest, having played to level 50 on Russian servers, the armor sets looks are a lot less "asian" looking than in plenty of other games (like TERA where it gets super ridiculous). Females are mostly covered up, armors don't look extremely bulky or too high fantasy.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I dont really trust Korean MMO's on the west... Their publishers Usually suck, and leave players jealous of their Korean counterparts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    I dont really trust Korean MMO's on the west... Their publishers Usually suck, and leave players jealous of their Korean counterparts.
    Well thankfully this one is being handled by Trion Worlds which handles Rift just fine. En Masse similarly has done just fine with Tera in the west. It has a great model and has started providing actual content since going F2P/B2P.
    BAD WOLF

I'm happy to hear about Trion and 1.0 and labor potions. Now lets see on the execution!
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Are you talking about big budget games, or the small imports? Because for big budget games, the only big Korean games we've had in the West in recent years are Lineage 2 and Aion from NCsoft (both of which were almost straight ports of their Korean counterparts, though a bit behind on patching), Tera (which other than minor cosmetic changes to clothing gets the exact same content as Korea) and...I feel like I'm missing one off the top of my head, but oh well. The games are functionally identical to their Korean counterparts, though sometimes a few months behind in patching. What MMO's are you thinking of?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Nevah !! ...... oh go on then

video snip
    Thanks, I'm watching it bit by bit when I get spare time =) That mount to grow, aaaw really cute :P

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Are you talking about big budget games, or the small imports? Because for big budget games, the only big Korean games we've had in the West in recent years are Lineage 2 and Aion from NCsoft (both of which were almost straight ports of their Korean counterparts, though a bit behind on patching), Tera (which other than minor cosmetic changes to clothing gets the exact same content as Korea) and...I feel like I'm missing one off the top of my head, but oh well. The games are functionally identical to their Korean counterparts, though sometimes a few months behind in patching. What MMO's are you thinking of?
    Mostly f2p stuff like ragnarok and nexon stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Mostly f2p stuff like ragnarok and nexon stuff
    Well, I believe Vindictus/Dragon Next (both Nexon games) get the same content as their Korean counterparts, the Western version are just months behind them (and the Euro version is behind the NA version). Most of the low budget games though, meh. I don't really bother with them because the vast majority of them are absolute trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    And they are into Alpha now...

https://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

It's coming to the west???

YES.

YESSSSS.

I need more space on my computer...
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    It's coming to the west???

YES.

YESSSSS.

I need more space on my computer...
    Yeah man. Trion is going to run it here. Your sandbox game is coming. SOON TM
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yeah man. Trion is going to run it here. Your sandbox game is coming. SOON TM
    Well they said 2014, but we'll see.