Sloth glider...I need this in my life right now.

must

have

sloth glider

so cute
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    They also said they had to rework a lot of the items from the KR cash shop because they were overpowered, Trion wanted to bring them in line with items obtained in the game world.

Not really a fan of the 80/20 split and sort of sad they went with the KR version of reducing content instead of the RU way which was re-balancing the coin prices on items, but I'll survive as long as they add the sloth glider.

What is 80/20 split?

Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    What is 80/20 split?
    When you steal someone elses trade pack and you turn it in you get 80% of the reward and the owner gets 20.

80/20 is better than 60/40 which is what the current values for NA 1.0 patch would have been. Honestly I think it should be 100/0.

Ah, thats kind of surprising. Is there a limit to packs you can do in a day? Otherwise it seems like you could carry a pack into a PVP zone and let people gank you and take it in for you, course to be worthwhile I guess you'd have to be able to get 6 packs out in the time it would take you to run 1 for it to be efficient.

Ah, thats kind of surprising. Is there a limit to packs you can do in a day? Otherwise it seems like you could carry a pack into a PVP zone and let people gank you and take it in for you, course to be worthwhile I guess you'd have to be able to get 6 packs out in the time it would take you to run 1 for it to be efficient.
    There is a lot of meta-game to Archeage.

For example, in Korea rather than be "ganked" in the attempt to ferry trade goods some traders thought it more enterprising to simply leave their parcels on a beach. Accepting the 80/20 spit.

So people started snatching up the packages and delivering them properly. Then other players starting ganking the ones who were delivering the packages left on the beach. Counter groups sprung up ganking those people, protecting others, fighting over the beach packages, etc, etc.

If the traders had got nothing from a stolen package the scenario would have played out much differently.

The idea from a game design perspective is that something is at stake. That is what makes games organically interesting.

Stolen packs can only be turned in for gold though, so the amount of gold you get from 20% of a pack usually won't be worth it since it also takes some materials to make the pack. In KR they have 60/40 split, so there it's definitely worth it, people over there just make packs, drop them on the beach then someone else steals them and delivers them, simply because it's not worth the time for the extra 60%.

But with the ridiculous coin purse lottery you'll probably rather want to spend your time farming those if you need gold, highest someone has gotten so far is 10k I believe so they've pretty much won the game.

Ok I heard briefly that the Korean version did a combat update? What is this update.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Ok I heard briefly that the Korean version did a combat update? What is this update.
    There are some changed skills and trees but also things like damage formulas and armor defense values.
    One of the bigger changes was adding healing power and changes to the healing trees. Right now in the alpha many specs take songcraft or vit with there dps builds because spell damage and healing both scaled with spelldamage but with the changes most of the skills in songcraft and vit only scale with healing power. It was mainly to combat just how OP builds like Sage and Apostle were in the old build and to nerf the off healing of dps classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    Stolen packs can only be turned in for gold though
    If the run rewards gilda stars, only the one turning it in gets the stars, stolen or not.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2014-05-24 at 12:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Ferres, loyal warriors who live a wild life. Lol?

Just me but whenever i see elves as playable races i just dont have any interest. But ill keep an eye.
    I'm the opposite. If any race tends to bore me in MMOs, it's humans, not so much elves. That said, I actually quite like the main races of the setting and their descriptions. Considering that it's a sandbox, there should be some leeway to develop them as you please.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2014-05-24 at 02:58 PM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    I'm the opposite. If any race tends to bore me in MMOs, it's humans, not so much elves.
    I've always been rather fond of gritty elves and humans. The sort that have a decent story behind them and are visually appealing without carrying some of the silly baggage that certain games force them to carry. I've never been a huge fan of 'gimmicky' races, though. Especially those that are simply big or small for the sake of being big or small.

I'm tempted to dump $150 into this but I don't have $150 lol

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'm tempted to dump $150 into this but I don't have $150 lol
    I'd wait anyway until we see what Trion does with the 1.0 and 1.2 patches, if they follow XLGAMES too much the game will be awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Did they say anything about gilda stars only coming from long trade routes? Missed the stream.

update:
    Friend of mine posted this on another forum, sounds pretty decent.

-Cash shop credits will be able to be bought with in-game gold via an in-game item
    -Alpha servers will be down during beta events
    -Beta servers to be wiped right before head start
    -Credits for the cash shop to be given out during test period so we can test it, and any spent will be reimbursed after beta
    -Player-made factions won't be in our version of AA at launch
    -Class changes to hit test servers before beta
    Build (3.03) which is the NEXT build will be released soon, some things announced in this build were:
    PvP Balance changes (maybe skill reworks? maybe skill ping changes?)
    -80/20 will be implemented
    -English voice overs to be added
    -Guilda Stars can only be earned from trading if a pack is delivered to another continent (not only dailies)
    -Some items from the Founder's Pack like the "gliders" are being created exclusively for NA/EU and won't immediately be available in other regions. Also, the Founder's glider has the same skill set as another glider in game (specific glider was not specified)

The class changes before beta starts is the main thing Ive been waiting to hear about.
    Making the Gilda Stars available trough PVP or PVE is a smart move, ofc from PVE takes time but gives you a choice in how you want to play the game, i like choices, less risk less reward, more risk more reward, in a competitive game like AA you have to be rewarded for the risks you take, and so far all the implementations Trion is doing im very ok with them, so far. Sorry i missed the live Stream and saw later on the replay.

- And today is time for another Live Stream:

Join Producer Victoria “FireCait” Voss and Senior Community Relations Manager Evan “Scapes” Berman on the Trion Worlds Twitch channel for the ninth installment of our Exploring ArcheAge livestream series. In this episode, Justice for All, we’re exploring crime and punishment in ArcheAge and will be demonstrating the game’s trial and jail features from a first-hand point of view. Experience the full cycle of ArcheAge’s criminal system, from breaking the law to breaking out of the lock-up!
    http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/...stice-for-all/

Exploring ArcheAge: Justice for All
    Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds
    Start Time: Thursday, May 29 at 3:00 PM Pacific (23:00 GMT)
    Duration: 45 minutes

Yeha, they are probably going to talk a bit about this list, at least I hope they touch on it a little.

News on 1.0 changes:

First: Our version of 1.0 (basically, 1.0 with the changes we've gotten) will go to Alpha before it goes to Beta. We're getting pretty close on getting a build with the first set of changes to go to alpha (1.0 plus: removing bounty hunter cloak abilities, adding gilda stars to intercontinental trade routes, ping dependent ability changes being the big ones) and I really can't wait until we do so the discussion can be in the context of that build.

Second, there's some wider-picture things with gilda stars that I think are important to see as a system, which is hard to do without a build on Alpha:
    - Nui's Tears have been removed. Mirage Isle items are sold for either gold or gilda stars (plans for houses/ships are all gilda to my knowledge).
    - 1.0's daily quests guarantee gilda stars, not the random chance (these stars are limited by Time, a max number per day)
    - Story quests now reward Gilda Stars instead (these stars are limited by Quantity, a capped number per char)
    - Cross-continental trade routes can reward gold, gilda stars, or the new crafting items from 1.0 (these stars are limited by Risk Exposure, via PvP and level of trade activity at other ports)
    - We've requested tweaks to the costs of designs on Mirage so that a player can obtain EITHER a sailboat and small house, OR a farmhouse, within the max gilda stars obtainable through the story quests (activities in PvE zones)
    - Higher tier crafting recipes can now require dust made from Gilda Stars, providing a longer term demand once most house/boat purchases are settled

Deleted
    Excited about this ultimate sandbox feel, hoping to hear more information about it soon.

Been playing in the alpha. The game is amazing. One of the best MMO's i have ever played.

It needs a bit of work, but its promising.

just bought the basic package. any idea when beta starts?

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    just bought the basic package. any idea when beta starts?
    Trion has said they want to start the beta weekends sometime this month.