Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Thank you very much for all the samaritans out there

//Merinicus & the rest of Social Rejects.

Hi Merinicus!

I'm currently 11/13 heroic 25, and really in this reply I wanted to focus more on the strategy you are using and raid movement as a whole rather than on individual performances. From what it sounds like, you really are getting the basics down which is great, but there are a few key areas that will need to improve before you get a kill.

I will liken your situation with gear currently to my guilds on heroic Chogall: It took lots of attempts, was very frustrating and lots of time was wasted for one reason:

Corruption.

If you get one or two people with corruption, then it's manageable. If you have more than that, then you will wipe even if you manage to get into P2 from the sheer amount of extra damage the raid as a whole is taking. I would say have a few attempts just focusing on avoiding that shadow crash. I notice you have 2 priests, I take it one is holy and the other is disc. Make sure the target of shadow crash gets body and soul or a life grip as these are extremely effective tools if used correctly.

Are the adds dying fast enough? Are you having people getting MCed whilst not being grouped? Is it really required for your rogue to be on the adds if they die quick enough? Remember that even one person getting lots of corruption is really bad, as it increases the raids damage taken by a huge amount. If the rogue can't DPS the adds and avoid getting corruption, then leave it to the ranged. Really shouldn't be a problem if you have as many traps and CDs lined up like you say you do. Remember as well that if he's nearly on 25% and an add is up, just push him into P2 and offtank the add.

Now finally, 40-50 attempts on a boss is loads for a casual guild, but this is a tough boss fight, easily the hardest normal mode end boss. Keep at it and don't wipe without asking why? how? what can we do next time to avoid another wipe? Was it bad luck, bad positioning? All sorts of things can go wrong, but when you know what it is that is going wrong then you can work on it. After looking over all your details, corruption is the only thing that screams out to me. On my first kill of chogall normal we wiped quite a bit due to high corruption being mostly unhealable. Last attempt with no corruption, healers finished with everyone topped and mana in their bars. It really is the game breaker.

Hope you found this helpful! PM me if you want any more

Your priest got hit by a crash at least once every attempt. But overall people did pretty good. But you can do better. The goal is to have no one getting hit.

Depravity is screwing you guys pretty hard by not getting the interrupted.

Also there was a decent amount of Blaze damage from people standing in fire.

Judging by the Depravity damage, you have your rogue as well as the tank on it. They need to do a simple alternating interrupt or something. Depravity not being interrupted is bad news. By the numbers, it looks like 2-3 are not getting interrupted on each attempt.

Have you thought about 2 healing it? With your dps you should easily be able push 25% after the 3rd set of oozes if you do it this way. It also results in less chances of people screwing up and getting high corruption. Just remember though, 2 healing it requires people to not mess up. It's really easy to 2 heal the first phase when corruption is low. But if you start having people up near 50, it becomes hard and the healers will go OOM. With perfect execution though, everyone should be at 0 corruption when you hit 25%.
    Last edited by oatmealpoet; 2011-04-08 at 02:01 PM.

Your moonkin can solo the adds, tell him to sit in solar for the adds and just shrooms/sunfire spam, easy (my main is moonkin btw)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    This topic is about normal mode, so blade flurry won't be very helpful on the add.
    Yea it's been awhile since I remember seeing this fight with 1 add oopsie. Regardless Combat is still very good for this and Blade Flurry is goo at the end to kill the Eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    AND HE IS DOWN as of 21:45 GMT Thank you for all the tips, we got it using our strategy with a bit of help of some of your tactics.

Team was as follows:

Tanks
    Merinicus
    Krisps

Healers
    Cantaya
    Tahani
    Phinx

DPS
    Bioz
    Gesar
    Coiren
    Aeyla
    Michael

Logs will go up soon so any late people/interested people can tell me that we suck

Loot
    Twilights Hammer - Bioz
    Dagger - Aeyla
    Shoulders - Gesar
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Hello OP,

First of all, 2 healing Cho'gall is ofc doable but imo it depends on your healers skill in general.

My guild uses 2 melee and 3 ranged, I am interrupting the add's as a bear with 10 sec CD specced and I got a fury warrior to back me up just in case. Meaning that 1 tank can solo interrupt if he/she's fast. Seing you're using pally and DK who don't have any speed buff like charge, heroic leap or stampeding roar, you might wanna put your melee on interrupt duty as well.

Another thing I noticed is the rather low dps. While we do have a shadowpriest currently a bit under the rest of the dps, our dps push in average 18-21k on most fights (note that we're not doing heroics yet). So while the low dps points towards 2 healing, higher dps and 3 healing would cause less stress imo. Specially if the fight causes you issues.

HUGE GRATS