Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why is everything epic?

The term epic pretty much applies to novels, oceans, and the cosmos. Pulling 1337 DPS on you warrior at level 60 isn't epic, your smiley face french fries aren't epic, and whatever shitty YouTube video you praise isn't epic at all. People that tag epic to everything are like a herd of sheep, stripping the word of its meaning. It has successfully become more annoying than the words blog and lol. Speaking of, why do shit heads feel the need to add lol to the end of everything? You obviously aren't laughing out loud and 101% of the things you attach it to aren't worthy of laughing at anyways. Its like some big, lame inside joke that has been beaten more than a white girl in Compton. My blood pressure is now shooting through the roof at someone describing they're newest and unoriginal CoD montage as epic, so I'm gonna go have a heart attack and it sure as shit won't be epic.

That was a epic read

Quote Originally Posted by dazie View Post
    That was a epic read
    epic reply

10+ Year Old Account
    This was indeed a epic read lol.

OT: It's just a word people like using.. goes for epic aswell as lol. Lol is more of an expression really. Instead of people making smiley faces or actually laugh out loud they just say/typ lol.

How this affects your blood pressure I don't know, I don't work myself up by that. I find other things like "u" instead of "you" or things like "2" "rly" more annoying but nothing to work myself up about.

posting in an epic thread
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

15+ Year Old Account
    Posting in an epic thread

edit: damn you, above poster!
    Last edited by DerSenf; 2011-04-07 at 09:22 AM.

Deleted
    Lol epic replies

These epic posts are making this epic thread even more epic than the epicness that was intended.

The amount of epic in this thread is astounding.

Legend-… wait for it… -dary will become the new epic.

- Shiny said, I was the best.

It must really suck terribly to be so epicly bothered by what other say at the internet. If I cared a fraction of how much you seem to care, I'd have blown up in an epic shower of gore, blood and intestines long time ago. Why don't you, you know, ignore it and go do something that makes you smile? You can't change the internet with a post on MMO-c anyways.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic fail.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loot View Post
    You obviously aren't laughing out loud and 101% of the things you attach it to aren't worthy of laughing at anyways. Its like some big, lame inside joke that has been beaten more than a white girl in Compton. My blood pressure is now shooting through the roof at someone describing they're newest and unoriginal CoD montage as epic, so I'm gonna go have a heart attack and it sure as shit won't be epic.
    Obviously not 101%, lol.
    And they're is not quite right there, you meant their. Epic fail, lol.

Deleted
    Lol that was an epic read, going directly in my epic blog.

Am I doing it right?

OT: Yes the word epic is being heavily overused, but I dont see any reason to get annoyed over such a small thing, and I definitely dont see any reason to make a thread about it :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Legen... wait for it.... dary!
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Toasting some epic bread?

Quote Originally Posted by Mokka View Post
    Obviously not 101%, lol.
    And they're is not quite right there, you meant their. Epic fail, lol.
    EPIC reply , LOL!
    I guess people just go with the flow on this one OP. It has been like this for years in pretty much every mmo.

Deleted
    When used as a noun, you're 100% correct it applies to books, films etc.

however when used as a adjective it means Magnificent, Great, Sublime etc.

just my 2 cent..

10+ Year Old Account
    Boasting some epic cred.

lololol I'm totally gonna blog all over this epic thread.

"It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.