Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Vote Kick Held Me Hostage!!

My guildmate/friend is the Tank
    I am DPS shamen.
    we que together.

Hunter and Rogue turn out to be in same guild.

Priest healer is obviously alone guild wise.

So, I notice the Rogue is sapping, presumably to help CC, but theis is LOL Utgarde Keep, you can AOE tank. So I say "No need to Sap". Rogue replies "I'm just doing it for the fun of it" OK, no harm, no foul.

5 mins later the Tank, my guildie, tells me over Vent, "They're trying to vote kick you"

I was like "What!!?" I ask in party chat "Are you guys trying to kick me, and WHY?" Hunter replies "We're done with you, you have served your purpose"

I was top DPS, said NOTHING in chat besides the Sap comment and was making 0 errors. In hindsight I think they got pissy I told the Rogue no need to Sap.

So I initiate a kick on the Hunter, obviously it passes cause the Tank is my friend, and the priest must have went along with it, now, remember, the Rogue is Hunters guildie and now the Hunter is gone.

Rogue says "Really?" then we all go back and forth how Hunter and Rogue were jerks and the Rogue proceeds to pull trash and wipe us.

HERE IS THE POINT OF MY STORY:

I then tried to initiate a kick on the Rogue, "You cant initiate anymore kicks" OK, fine, I just kicked the Hunter, guess you can't kick more than one person. OK

So my Tank tries to kick.. 'This player cant be kicked"

Priest tries to kick...This player cant be kicked"

WTF?

So.. we "give up" and ask the Rogue if he's gonna "be nice", he says NOPE "I'm gonna stay in here until you guys give up and disband"

We didnt want to disband.

We tried to reque to get a 5th player, figuring we can 4 man the place if the Rogue doesn't wanna leave... NOPE

Can't get a 5th player because Rogue won't accept his role in the role check!!!!

Now this Rogue is "holding us hostage".

I leave group, have my Tank reinvite my main, hoping my main can vote kick "You can not initiate anymore kicks" WTF!!!??? Guess the "cooldown" is account bound?????

How is 1 player given so much power? Any player can hold a group hostage by not accepting role check??? He was unkickable???

How the hell was he un kickable????

Got a GM involved, GM arrived FAST!!! Like within 3 mins of ticket ( I put the word "harassment" in the ticket, I suspect GM's scan tickets for key words and respond based on that FWIW)

Suddenly the Rogue was "forced"???? to accept the role check (I dont know if the GM forced the acceptance) so we got a 5th player...

The new player was able to initiate a kick, and we kicked the Rogue. (IDK why the GM simply didnt remove the Rogue)

SIGH........

Was an interesting experience that highlighted a few flaws in LFD and the votekick "cooldown" and system. TY for reading.

10+ Year Old Account
    the option to only be able to kick 1 players is terrible imo, if there is vote kick u have to be able to kick every1 and if 3 ppl agree he is gone. this is my opinion. and not such shit like : u cant kick during combat, shortly after combat, during loot, during pull, during taking a poop... srsly

I think that blizzard should just remove the cooldown on the votekick so that this wont happen. Sure people will abuse it but at least it's better then how it's like now

Deleted
    See, if queue times at these levels were like at 85, jerks like that wouldn't have patience to queue and ruin your run.

But, well we are getting back to it at 85 soon aswell...

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Ya know that he can't make pulls to wipe you guys unless you also atk the mobs right?
    Been there too mate, suck as hell... the vote kick system will always have problems =X
    Ya, I didn't bother elaborating cause it wasn't important, but he pulled 1 trash pack, no biggie, we had tank and heals. He went ahead and aggroed a few more, we didnt see him do it, AOE from tank musta aggroed them, we were overwhelmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    i agree with removing the vote to kick cooldown.
    if your ever kicked, you can just reque
    with the new call to arms HOPEFULLY que'ing will be a little faster for DPS & healers
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Deleted
    Well I don't like the vote kick system either tbh. I think it's a good idea and all but after they changed it so if 3 guildies queue up together it takes 4 ppl to make a vote pass......

So if you're 3 guildies vs. 2 guildies you're stuck. Nobody can kick and if ppl refuses to participate in the dungeon, you wont get anywhere at all. Yes, this happened to me.

Anyways, vote to kick needs to be changed imo.

Same shit happened to me it was fucking annoying, i go on follow for 2 min because i got a phone call.

Priest tells me "Orion you suck"

My guildie in vent tells me "Dude they are trying to kick you"

I am top dps 22k+ DPS

Than they keep trying to kick me.

Good thing 2 people said no

I tried to kick him and says "Can't kick for 15 seconds"

Okay.. i wait try to kick "Can't Kick For 2 hours"

WHAT THE FUCK BLIZZARD

I don't like this kicking system its horrible.

Deleted
    Yeah, contacted a GM about the "This player can't be kicked for another 2Hr." it seems its just a bug and occurs with some players, he said it would probably be fixed in the next "major" content patch (4.1)

Ehh the vote to kick thing is... sketchy. You will occasionally get idiots in your group. Luckily you have a tank though so queue time isn't anything to worry about. Sadly, the argument about kick times and power can go either way so Blizzard has to just kinda go with the lesser of two evils.

I have huge problems with the vote to kick system. I have had to kick so many extremely undergeared healers, im talking about people in heroics that are in half 308 gear trying to heal heroics, wiping us and then blaming everyone else. The amount of people i have had to kick has caused my kick debuff to go up to well over 2 hours, one time it even told me i couldnt kick for 2 weeks. Dunno who would be in a random group for 2 weeks.

I think that the cd is necessary to prevent abuse by some groups BUT - I think they need to add something to the role check. A timer. If you do not select a new role within..say 2min...then you are automatically removed from group so the other members may continue.

I have had this issue as well (although not with a jerk holding us hostage). We had a dc - so we kicked. Then one dude went afk and we could not remove him, so we are sitting there spamming the "find more people" waiting for him to return.

i think they need to lessen the cooldown (5 minutes sounds reasonable enough) but keep the features, like if you queue with 3 you need 4 to vtk

however that can still lead to a stalemate , like a group of 2 and a group of 3 join and try and kick eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafinator View Post

Got a GM involved, GM arrived FAST!!! Like within 3 mins of ticket ( I put the word "harassment" in the ticket, I suspect GM's scan tickets for key words and respond based on that FWIW)

Suddenly the Rogue was "forced"???? to accept the role check (I dont know if the GM forced the acceptance) so we got a 5th player...

The new player was able to initiate a kick, and we kicked the Rogue. (IDK why the GM simply didnt remove the Rogue). ...
    1. Glad to see the GM moved the issue along (i.e. forced a role selection). As to him not removing the Rogue, I'd assume that's not something he should be doing. If you leave it in the players hands, let the new guy initiate the 'boot', then it's okay. It lets the players resolve the issue with resources available to the players.

2. As to the fast response, agreed, I think they have a ticket review system. Low priority get put at the end of the queue, bigger issues get moved up.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The potential for abuse is why the CD was implemented in the first place. My friends, would regularly kick people from groups when a guild mate logged in or if they were rolling on the same gear class. When I would vote down kicks for this reason they get pissed at me but in the end it was the right thing to do. Kicking for selfish reasons is wrong and contributes to the decline of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfel View Post
    I have huge problems with the vote to kick system. I have had to kick so many extremely undergeared healers, im talking about people in heroics that are in half 308 gear trying to heal heroics, wiping us and then blaming everyone else.
    I don't understand why they allow the ilvl to count gear in your bags. That is a horrible idea and lets people cheat to get into heroics making it a pain for everybody else in the group. They undermine their own gear check.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyberes View Post
    i think they need to lessen the cooldown (5 minutes sounds reasonable enough) but keep the features, like if you queue with 3 you need 4 to vtk

however that can still lead to a stalemate , like a group of 2 and a group of 3 join and try and kick eachother.
    The thing here is, odds are, if party A of 3 queues together, they're not going to be complete morons who seek to do harm to the group (outside of maybe loot disputes.) same thing with the party B of 2.

Realistically, They should know that the rest of their group cements them, and they should either give up and try and find a group of 4, or piss off and work together (they don't even have to like it.)

my vote kick cooldown is over 2 hours ... and i think it is account bound , the system must hate me for kicking all the bad people

Personally, I've never seen that happen. Just a couple days ago I got to the end of heroic Grim Botal with a random group and 2 dps just couldn't figure it out. Had one good dps, who was blowing up his mob but even after repeated explanation's the other dps weren't even coming close to killing the other add. Tried kicking just one of the other dps and warning the other they would be next. Got another dps who just didn't get it and completely screwed up and the dps we warned didn't do any better. After wiping on that next attempt we voted kicked the dps we warned and the new replacement to get 2 new dps. Ended up getting 1 decent dps and 1 fail dps who died to the first nova/vortex thing but we finished the dungeon. I started all three of the vote kicks with no more than 5 minutes time for all 3 kicks with the later 2 being back to back. The you can't kick another player message must be related to your dungeon karma on how many people you've kicked already cause I rarely kick people but have no problem kicking people no matter how many I need to kick.

the best solution I can find to this problem that will prevent most abuses is that everyone can initate a vote to kick whenevr . however , if you originaly que with anyone - they don't have a vote . that way players will decide to vote on the kick based on performance and not based on their relation to the player beeing voted .

example , in the case given :

you decide to initiate a vote to kick (and can do it whenever you like , other than after one boss before the last one killed and how many times you like) .

you know the tank - he can't vote for you . the hunter knows the rogue - he can't vote for him . healer did not que with either of you - he can vote and will therefore decide based on the instance performance if the vote is justified .

in the same given case , when the rogue tried to kick you out , his huntard friend can't vote to kick you . your tank friend can't vote either . healer's getting the deciding vote yet agin based on how you played .

the vote to kick was made to prevent vote to kick abuses mostly in pugs , I think might have the answer for it .

how's that sound ?
    Last edited by leorana; 2011-04-07 at 08:46 PM.