Thread: New Gems

10+ Year Old Account

New Gems

Anyone else think these will be the Cata version of stormjewels, and found in fishing dailies?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the impression that I got. Maybe a one-time quest (Magister's Terrace style).
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you will find them in fishing dalies since you can do those at level 10

10+ Year Old Account
    i think we will get epic gems in mid 4.2 -4.3 and itll be craftables

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gankz View Post
    Im guessing since they changed the vendor values from 9g to 75s for commons (green) and such that the gems will be able to be attained thru prospecting aswell
    PM me with any questions/concerns you may have.

Im sure they are coming soon. The vendor value of Gems was just tanked on the PTR so I would say a change to JC along with that is coming soon.

hmmmm no one noticed that the daily call to arms for tanks/healers/dps in queues say they offer "Rare gems" hmmm i wonder....where could these gems drop...

Quote Originally Posted by Gankz View Post
    this is not about craftable gems, mouse over the ones on the front page, its unique-equip 1
    if anything its the new stormjewel

or
    That's the impression that I got. Maybe a one-time quest (Magister's Terrace style).
    Last edited by usiris; 2011-04-08 at 04:30 AM.

i have a feeling they will be patterns from the vendor to learn how to cut them but the gems will be the call to arms or prospect from pyrium ore. besides if its not what am i going to spend my 52 tokens on....
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Hi all! this is my first post in this forum. I´ve seen in the spell changes for 4.1, posted by MMO, a pair of epic gems, 50 agi, 50 intelect. Could epic gems arrive in 4.1? Sorry for my bad english, i'm spanish XD

Quote Originally Posted by Draconiä View Post
    Hi all! this is my first post in this forum. I´ve seen in the spell changes for 4.1, posted by MMO, a pair of epic gems, 50 agi, 50 intelect. Could epic gems arrive in 4.1? Sorry for my bad english, i'm spanish XD
    in a way, yes epic gems are coming this patch, but not the epic gems you are hoping for. your going to have all rare gems like you have now, and one epic gem from whatever blizzard decides we get it. during wrath it was the fishing daily, during BC it was from H-MGT

This is what confuses me. If these are indeed the epic gems, are the Chimera Eye's stats going to be boosted?

JC always had a commanding lead as a primary profession in that JC gems provide +81 agi/str/int over the standard blue gem

Current = (67 x 3) - (40 x 3) = +81
    New = (67 x 3) - (50 x 3) = +51

any thoughts? = \

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    This is what confuses me. If these are indeed the epic gems, are the Chimera Eye's stats going to be boosted?

JC always had a commanding lead as a primary profession in that JC gems provide +81 agi/str/int over the standard blue gem

Current = (67 x 3) - (40 x 3) = +81
    New = (67 x 3) - (50 x 3) = +51

any thoughts? = \
    I've read on multiple thread on this board that Blizz buffs the JC gems when epics come out.

Yes, the chimeras eye's will be stronger when the epic gems will be avaible. Just as the JC gems were in wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by dollada06 View Post
    Im sure they are coming soon. The vendor value of Gems was just tanked on the PTR so I would say a change to JC along with that is coming soon.
    The vendor value of cut uncommon gems was reduced because it was silly that they were worth more than 2x the value of a cut rare gem.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic