Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ench shammy with int/sp heirlooms

I have heirlooms from leveling my mage - 2 int trinkets, chest, cloak and head. so i was wondering would i gimp leveling shammy as ench too much with them. buying new heirlooms isnt really cheap...

Thnx

10+ Year Old Account
    The cloak and head only costs a tiny bit of gold. Chest is the only one that's annoying to get. Get the mail ones, or leather ones if you plan on leveling a rogue / druid at some point.

Also, Enh Shaman, not Ench. Enhancement.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I'm sure he means "Enchanting Shaman" Just like everyone else, Shamans can have Enchanting.

oh and don't forget to pick up Tailoring aswell, works fine with Enchanting.

I wouldn't bother buying new items, I would just level as elemental or if you like enhancement just level with those items, you won't notice much difference at such levels anyway.

I use the cloth heirlooms for every single class so I can be lazy and only have one set.

Deleted
    I find that its pretty okey to level with any sort of heirlooms as enhancement, it works since you do spells and melee damage!
    Anyhow, the main thing you want is the exp+ gain.
    I can however feel that levelling with the proper heirlooms makes it alot easier, and it feels more comfortable.

Don't be lazy. Just get the right heirlooms. I mean...is it really that much of an inconvenience?

Or as someone else suggested, just go elemental or resto if you really can't be bothered to get the appropriate gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Don't be lazy. Just get the right heirlooms. I mean...is it really that much of an inconvenience?

Or as someone else suggested, just go elemental or resto if you really can't be bothered to get the appropriate gear.
    I dont really see where you see laziness on my part here - its actually a lot of gold and justice points - to get new heirloom set it would cost over 5k gold and 15k justice points - not really cheap....

To others - thnx for advices - i was actually interested how much int/spellpower helps to enh shaman since thats new spec to me (i got one shaman, but only tried resto and ele on him)....Guess i will just stay with old heirlooms for now ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    I dont really see where you see laziness on my part here - its actually a lot of gold and justice points - to get new heirloom set it would cost over 5k gold and 15k justice points - not really cheap....

To others - thnx for advices - i was actually interested how much int/spellpower helps to enh shaman since thats new spec to me (i got one shaman, but only tried resto and ele on him)....Guess i will just stay with old heirlooms for now ...
    5K gold? head costs 1.5K, cloak costs 1.2K. that's only 2.7K.
    15K JP? chest costs 2,175, shoulders cost 2,175, trinkets cost 2,725 (X2), weapons cost 2,175X2. that's only 14.15K. and you can even reduce that by buying several from the argent tournament.

Honestly, you should go ele+resto, as you got already those items and will work well for both of those specs.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    5K gold? head costs 1.5K, cloak costs 1.2K. that's only 2.7K.
    15K JP? chest costs 2,175, shoulders cost 2,175, trinkets cost 2,725 (X2), weapons cost 2,175X2. that's only 14.15K. and you can even reduce that by buying several from the argent tournament.
    lol, ok, 2.7k gold still a lot for maybe minor improvement which Im asking about here...
    15k vs 14,15k JP? big difference ) trolling much?

---------- Post added 2011-04-09 at 02:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwtfbbq View Post
    Honestly, you should go ele+resto, as you got already those items and will work well for both of those specs.
    tried that on horde shammy, wanna experience enha...

The gold I can spare, but the JP...Just cbf farming it again lol.
    In late wotlk, I have heaps of frost emblem and spent them all on heirlooms. Too bad I xfered and leave all heirloom items in the old server. Now I have to either wait for Blizz to make these heirlooms BoA or not lvling any alt at all. Too lazy to farm in catac ~.~

It's almost to the point where you'd waste more time farming for heirlooms than you'd save by wearing them. If nothing else, you could always just swap into +exp pieces when you turn in quests.

Really...get different pieces or just go ele/resto. Nothing is more frustrating than finding out people aren't even bothering with the right gear.
    Case and point: Hunters/tanks etcetc in the cloth heirlooms because they can't be bothered to buy new pieces.

I have two heirloom sets. One for my hunter, one for my ele shammy. Was it a pain in the ass? Kind of, but they weren't that hard to freaking get. I spent maybe 3ish hours for a week on my toons getting the JP to buy the pieces before I even bothered leveling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackleino View Post
    Really...get different pieces or just go ele/resto. Nothing is more frustrating than finding out people aren't even bothering with the right gear.
    Case and point: Hunters/tanks etcetc in the cloth heirlooms because they can't be bothered to buy new pieces.

I have two heirloom sets. One for my hunter, one for my ele shammy. Was it a pain in the ass? Kind of, but they weren't that hard to freaking get. I spent maybe 3ish hours for a week on my toons getting the JP to buy the pieces before I even bothered leveling.
    This really. No one wants to group with a physical DPS class wearing caster gear.

I heared levelling is serious business...

My advice, just make sure you got the heirloom weapons (... mass of McGowan x 2), for the rest, the +experience bonus is the only thing that matters.

Grinding points for heirlooms will take more time than the mail heirlooms will increase levelling speed compared to the cloth ones.
    If you have way too many points, ofc you can get them.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    I have heirlooms from leveling my mage - 2 int trinkets, chest, cloak and head. so i was wondering would i gimp leveling shammy as ench too much with them. buying new heirlooms isnt really cheap...

Thnx
    You're lvling, it doesn't really matter what you're wearing. And those bonuses for xp are fantastic. Use the cloth stuff, you'll be fine.

Takes more time to grind enough points for a new set of heirlooms than to get from 1 to 70, with or without them:P

Deleted
    The XP bonus is huge. The time to get the JP for buy new, mail, agi ones is tiny. If you can't be bothered to farm the JP, then keep the int. If you can spare a weekend to do it, then farm for the agi ones.

My rogue leveled with cloth caster gear. I was lazy ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Yeah, that's driving me nuts as well...

OP: If you've got the Spell Power Heirlooms, why don't you just level as Elemental? Otherwise, you should get the Leather +Agility gear, since it wouldn't gimp your Enh Shaman and could be used on a Rogue, Feral Druid and Hunter as well.