H-Maloriak Interrupts - Addon?

So we went back to trying H maloriak just for a few attempts yesterday. We did really well on black phase, a couple times we got through the first black phase with zero deaths and them all dead with 10+ seconds to go until the next phase start.

However, our biggest problem has been with our interrupters. I've tried many strategies, like having one person on abberations and everyone else on arcane storm, one person on each, free for all interrupts, yet something goes wrong every time. Either the arcane storm interrupt is too slow, someone jumps the gun and accidently interrupts an abberations cast, someone doesn't interrupt an abberations cast that is meant to be interrupted, etc. (this is while I'm calling out when to interrupt abberations and when not to)

I've heard of addons that can blacklist casts, so I can set a couple of dps to abberations who blacklist arcane storm, and the rest of the interrupters to arcane storm who blacklist abberations. Can anyone point me in the right direction to an addon that helps me do so?

Thanks in advance.

The addon is called eyes and requires a brain... sorry but thats the truth . If the interupts too slow it's their fault, one on storms and one on adds is fine, you can put warlock curse of tongues on the boss to slow the casts if needed. I think we interupt the first adds and let the rest cast.. but don't quote me on that.

I know of several high end guilds who killed it back in january who used some sort of power auras/blacklist addon/castbars to help them perfect interrupts, its not like we're going to be the first guild to kill this with help of some sort of addons.

Gnosis, not sure about spelling, is a cast bar that allows blacklisting so people will only see the casts they need to interrupt.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Or try Awesome Interrupt Rotations, Curse has it.

For both Arcane Storm and I think Aberrations, you can toggle an option in DBM so that it yells at you when the ability goes off. I am the interrupter for Arcane Storm for my guild and that is how I interrupt it without any problem. One other suggestion is if you have a shaman on interrupts, use a focus macro and put Maloriak as your focus. That way you don't have issues with people targeting an add or breaking someone out of ice when they have to interrupt something.
    I am the co-host of a WoW related podcast at www.warcraftlounge.com. Check it out for tips on making gold, commentary on general WoW news, and entertaining recaps of the stupid shit that has happened to us in game. You can download us at iTunes, where we have a 5 star rating from our listeners.

We did it with 1 guy on aberation cast (he just has to let 3 casts going before green phases) and everyone else on the storm.

By having a proper raiding UI, your interrupters need nothing more than their brain. By proper UI, I mean it must contain a clear casting bar for target (with a clear font for the name of the cast).

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gnosis is flawless

Deleted
    Why not look at DBM timers? So you know whats comming up?

Quote Originally Posted by Dappy View Post
    Why not look at DBM timers? So you know whats comming up?
    Just like Dappy said. Not only that but whoever is interrupting should know that it's coming.. Just have the hotkey ready for it. Put 1 on storm & 1 on abb & that's it.

I handle the storm in my guild. When we pull, I know there's going to be most likely 1 storm before the black phase. My kick is set to Z so I push my finger in Z & as soon that I see maloriak cast storm I release... plain & simple really. Clear that phase, after that during the fire or blue phase, MOST of the time but not always, the storm will come right after abberation, so again, push your finger on your kick hotkey, wait for storm, release, easy.

Here is a tip if you have a rogue. What I do during the fire phase to eat less damage is that the cone that maloriak does will like.. 95% of the time come after either abberation or storm. So he puts a fire debuff on someone, I wait for his first cast, as soon that he starts casting abberation or storm (i interupt storm) I feint, right after his first cast he'll do his cone.

During the green phase, I start aoeing but I still have my finger pushed on Z & waiting for the storm, as soon that he casts, release. DBM should be more than enough. If your interupter is missing the interupt, he's just not quick enough. Just have your finger pushed on your hotkey (the spell won't take effect until you release) wait for maloriak to cast storm, release. Quite easy for rogues but I guess it works for any interupter.

An extra tip on heroic is that we let the first abberation cast go through, your tank should be able to easily handle the black phase oozes + 3 abberations, the aoe will just rape them so that's 3 abberations less to deal with. Rogue should have glyph of feint for free feints & glyph of fok for extra range.

Hope this helps.

Deleted
    I favor power aura alot because it's when he receives the "buff/debuff" Arcane Storm that it'll be interruptable. NOT when it's started channeling but when he receives Arcane Storm. That's what I've been telling my guild to do and it works out since the latency for people's cast bars may not be the same at all. Unless it doesn't work out this way I'd say that Gnosis will be your best bet but with proper execution as interrupter there shouldn't be any flaw in my first example.

I pan my camera above the boss, as soon as I see lightning I kick. I never look at the cast bar at all. I rarely miss a kick due to it being late.

15+ Year Old Account
    Assign only 2 people. 1 for lightning, 1 for aberrations. If you have multiple people kicking lightning and 1 is slow they will almost always kick the aberrations cast right after.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222