Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Patch 4.1: Abyssal Maw *winkwink* *nudgenudge*

Isn't anybody else a little pissed off, that besides Firelands the NEW dungeon isn't coming out either (and further more isn't mentioned any where for 4.2) and were stuck with the the two revamps?

Damn you Blizzard ^^

If you don't know, what I'm talking about:
    Since I'm not allowed to post any links - just search for "blizzcon 2010 abyssal maw" and go to the video named: BlizzCon 2010: Panel Instancje i Rajdy - Dungeons and Raids - Napisy PL - [2/4] and go to 11:20...

4.2 is firelands...and I doubt they'd mention things from 4.3 when nobody knows much about 4.2

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I wouldn't say ZA and ZG are old. I highly doubt any substantial number of current WoW players ever ran the originals at level.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Oh I wouldn't say ZA and ZG are old. I highly doubt any substantial number of current WoW players ever ran the originals at level.
    Well, I'd wager that a pretty big chunk did run ZA in TBC. But yeah, I doubt many ran ZG.

How do you know The Abyssal Maw isn't planed for 4.3?..

<----ran za at level...... tried farming zg at 80 though...

though I feel like blizz is just giving us a trash patch for 4.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Lorewise... how is it possible for a rogue or a warrior to res someone? A hunter ressing a feral druid I can understand but.. eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Crusade View Post
    Clearly the rogue stabs them with a poison that revives, and the warrior yells at them until they get up.

The last time they mentioned it was Blizzcon when they said it would be in 4.1 with Firelands. Odds are it was pushed back to 4.2 or scrapped altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgen View Post
    How do you know The Abyssal Maw isn't planed for 4.3?..
    I expect to see AQ revamps for 4.3 with some tie-in silithus quests possibly.

new content + revamp at launch, revamp 4.1, new content 4.2, revamp 4.3 ... that is the pattern i expect

I too feel like this is a trash patch. Although i like the new ZG and ZA, no new raid is fucking upsetting. Especially since all those early whispers of 4.1 being launched within 2 weeks and then we'd get firelands PTR right away, and it would launch a month later. We'll probably get Firelands at the start of the summer or something, which is just dumb.

PS: wouldn't be as bad if they didn't design the current raids like complete retards, that would have made progress more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Romobama View Post

Voice communication patch ftw?

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally I was kinda pissed off, but I've recently changed my mind. I'm starting to understand why this is 4.1 I was originally I thought it should have been called 4.0.9, but the number of other things they have pushed into this patch has made me change my mind. I'm content with these heroics as it gives our guild a chance to down some heroic modes, and make the jump to 25man raiding from 10man before firelands hits. That said I'd expect the Abyssal Maw dungeon to be on the same tier as ZG/ZA, as well as CoT:WotA (which I would expect in 4.3) to be the same tier as Firelands, but that is just conjecture on my part.

15+ Year Old Account

It's not a trash patch, it's a "Mid-level" content patch.

Don't get the two mixed up.

The problem with giving us only raid content patches is that we see less content, farther part, this content also only occupies a very certain part of our time (our raid time), while leaving the rest of our time, free.

These smaller patches (4.1, 4.3, 4.5) will introduce smaller content for the majority of the time we spend in the game, unless you're the very few to just log into raid. This also prevents people from just doing that as well, brings them back for more reasons. It is also more Alt friendly than raids.

This also alleviates pressure off of the larger raid patches as well. They can do major UI, and class changes now, while saving only small time stuff for 4.2, and then saving big stuff for 4.3, that way once Firelands is ready they don't have to wait on anything else and that can go out the door when it's out of the oven instead of waiting for the rest of the content to finish as well.

Just think, less coding changes in 4.2 means less tweaking and less chances of bugs going out with it, which means less unnecessary PTR time, which means 4.2 in turn gets out sooner, rather than waiting on something which keeps messing up, and once it does hit lives, bugs are minimal, not to mention the servers would be more stable (ideally).

I doubt you're 13/13, so it's not like you really need 4.2 RIGHT now, I promise you, hardmodes will give you a nice challenge for your time.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2011-04-12 at 06:08 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    The last time they mentioned it was Blizzcon when they said it would be in 4.1 with Firelands. Odds are it was pushed back to 4.2 or scrapped altogether.
    At Blizzcon they said that Firelands would be on release, not in a later patch. We'll be lucky to see Abyssal Maw by the holidays.

Look at this way.
    You can see all the complaints about how long this patch is taking to arrive, and that is with part of the content pushed back to a later content patch.
    If we had to wait until firelands for 4.1 then we would not be seeing anything for several months yet.
    The latest build being a release tagged version means 4.1 could be "soon", as boub suggested possibly within a few weeks.
    What blizzard said at blizzcon was plans made way too far in advance, and proved unrealistic for more than just raid content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    I doubt you're 13/13, so it's not like you really need 4.2 RIGHT now, I promise you, hardmodes will give you a nice challenge for your time.
    This is true, but hardmodes are not the thing that's going to keep me playing.
    And revamping content I've already done (didn't do ZG at 60 but meh my Warbear says lol ZA) is not going to bring me back.
    Call it what you will, for me it is a trash patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    And revamping content I've already done (didn't do ZG at 60 but meh my Warbear says lol ZA) is not going to bring me back.
    I think somewhere they stated hard modes arent intended for every raider. From my view theres 3 types of raiders...no scratch that 4

Casual (dont have enough time to raid 4+ hours a week) not baddie...just not enough time
    Semi-core (they raid 4-6 hours a week but not always)
    Hardcore (6-10 hours a week) people who have cleared normal modes working on early hard modes
    Get a life hardcore (10+ hours a week) barely finished with hard modes or cleared

From what I see and what they stated they're aiming hard modes at hardcore & get a life style...semi-core people will probably reach hard modes a couple bosses in or so when new tier is released. This is all off personal speculation other than what blizzard stated

I'm currently 2/13hc but I stopped raiding a bit ago...just couldnt handle the hours on top of my guild dying so I gave it a break til firelands.

So you've zerged through all the available content. You didn't enjoy it one bit. But hey your pretty epic. Here is patch 4.1. Haters gonna hate. I am looking forward to 4.1. I can finally get my alts out of that nasty blue gear. Plus the 2h axe, and the 1h str sword look pretty sweet. I still need weapon upgrades on my dk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    First of all this is hardly "Recycled", "Revamped", or any other sort of "re" anything.

That's like saying they're recycling concerts at Madison Square Garden because you saw Prince there 4 years ago.

Just because it's being held at the same venue does not mean it's going to be the same thing.

I've ran both ZA and ZG to hell and back, more times than I care to count, however, it's not the same bosses, every boss that was in there is now a new boss entirely . In place of them former selves are new bosses, with a new updated story, and new mechanics!

Same venue, new show! Yeah you'll see familiar places, structures, things, perhaps a model here and there, but it's not the same instance. This is not Naxx again.

Fine, to you it's a trash patch, however, it's all new stuff just held in the same place, continuing the story line of these now vacant (or what would be vacant) places to bring it in line with the rest of the game.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2011-04-12 at 06:49 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

4.1 is to cata as ToC was to wrath!
    ggg

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    First of all this is hardly "Recycled", "Revamped", or any other sort of "re" anything.

That's like saying they're recycling concerts at Madison Square Garden because you saw Prince there 4 years ago.
    FINALLY! Someone who gets ! This metaphor says everything I've wanted to tell the community since 4.1 rise of the zandalari was announced