Heroic ODS or Conclave?

We pretty much have V and T close to a kill, and will get it this week for sure.

Who should be the next target.. ODS or conclave?

Been hearing conclave, but others say ODS. Which of the two are easier?

They are right on par with one another, really. Both require a lot of individual excellence from raiders and have mechanics that one person can pretty much screw the whole raid by messing up. I personally think Conclave is a bit easier for my raid group, but it's really going to vary from raid to raid.

With a make up of. a pally tank. Fury Warrior( who might go prot, otherwise we have another prot pally ), 2 locks, Mage, Disc priest, rogue, Holy pally, Rest Druid, and Ele shammy.

We also sometimes sub out for a SPriest and Dk.

This raid make up, be easier for one or the other?

I found conclave to be the easier of the 2 fights.

ODS.. but I hate conclave with a passion :<

Group composition is pretty irrelevant. Both fights make you want to punch babies, but I actually think Heroic Conclave is slightly less rage-inducing. Heroic ODS is ridiculously reliant on RNG and individual talent must be really high. Your DPS needs to know exactly what to do and when to do it. For instance, make sure you have reliable interrupts for Arcanotron, otherwise expect wipes. Priests, or in your case, priest should Life Grip anyone who gets Shadow Conductor. DPS needs to be relentless on the slimes. You can spend hours and hours wiping on this boss and never get a kill then walk in the next week and kill first pull. It's ridiculous.

Heroic Conclave requires individual talent being high but I found it slightly more forgiving. Of course, dodging tornados is always a challenge. >_>

IDK about 10 man, but on 25 Conclave is way easier than Omni. It's not even a contest IMO.

Conclave the things that wipe you are so much more avoidable for the average raider....basicallly your kiter/tank on life has to keep aggro on adds and not let them hit him...like ever and your wind platform people have to time their jumps between wind and frost well and avoid wind blast. I mean once you get that down it's relatively easy. Again this is my opinion.

Omnitron is an absolute mess. So many more random things can happen....bad scenarios like Toxitron releasing adds while the raid is running from a poison cloud at the same time somebody gets shadow conductor. That scenario specifically....the shadow conductor person has to be stacked on while moving while the healers heal and blow cds while dps take down the adds. To me, scenarios like that are way more likely to wipe even a skilled group than the Conclave platform timing or avoiding Wind Blast.

You asked the question and I feel strongly that Conclave is the better choice; hope that was helpful.

If you got a good dk who can kite, go Conclave.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Deleted
    ODS is fun as hell, even though frustrating at the same time

For the people using a Rogue for Rohash, is it necessary that he's subtlety? Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    They're really about the same.

Conclave is pretty easy if you have a solid DK kiter. The other huge benefit to Conclave is that it doesn't need to stall your progression for the rest of the week since the instance is so small. However, Conclave has a pretty steep learning curve. The fight changes fairly drastically from the normal mode. Also, the loot can be pretty shitty.

Omnotron Defense System is incredibly annoying due to the extreme amount of RNG associated with the abilities. We got ODS in 9 attempts back before the health nerf because of only 1 shadow conductor. Our repeat kill took 29 attempts. It also sucks that you've still got 3 more heroic bosses afterwards. However, it's a good one to have down. Nefarian is shortly after.

They're fairly similar. Conclave is about personal responsibility in keeping yourself alive through timeable and predictable mechanics. ODS is about surviving the blender of clusterfuckery until the boss dies.

I'd recommend ODS if your guild is really good at staying clam and adapting. Otherwise Conclave.

10+ Year Old Account
    H ODS is my favorite fight so far this tier. Its a lot of fun and requires very good individual awareness of what is going on.

H Conclave requires very good execution, and without a good comp it can be a lot more challenging than it is with the right comp.

From a difficulty perspective we wiped a lot more on H Conclave than ODS, and even now that we have it on farm we can still wipe a time or two from people getting careless or making a mistake.

With the group you have I think you should do conclave. A rogue is a huge benefit for the wind guy (Rohash?) and the Mage can trivialize the nature platform (Anshal?). Both fights rely very highly on individuals but over all Conclave is probably more forgiving.
    I also think it's nice to start getting Conclave and Al'Akir down ASAP because of the random loot tables. You're going to eventually run out of useful drops from ODS way before you run out of useful drops from Conclave (even though your chances of getting something useful are low).

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends from guild per guild.. Id personally go ODS>Conclave anytime though. For the better loot imo.