Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Wtb New Horde Paladin Racials..

Can someone explain to me how blizz thought it was balanced in anyway to give the 2 paladin classes on horde no real beneficial PvE racials and yet each of the alliance races have one for Pve and PvP. And when blizz redid some of the racials in 4.0.6 they buffed some of the racials even more but they couldnt rework some of the horde ones. I go to alliance for a few months and I have multiple choices based on whether i want to heal/dps/tank. On the horde i have to ask myself "Am i going to PvP". Answer: No.. "Then do you want to be a cow or an elf with overgrown eyebrows".

I say us Horde paladins need to throw some different racial reworks into blizz's suggestion box along with the suggestions about what they should do with Ret and stop the constant nerfs.

Whose with me?
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2011-04-12 at 07:13 PM.

I like arcane torrent...
    free mana? yes please!
    AoE silence? YES PLEASE!

Tauren Racial ain't bad for prot either, bam aggro alert! YES PLEASE

I don't personally see any issues with the racials and I'm a blood elf...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some racials (not just horde) could be updated to be more useful across the board. Still BElfs and Tauren racials are pretty much fine. So in terms of horde pallys being gyped I've gotta disagree.

Horde racials are pretty damn good. BE's have a silence/mana gain that humans holy pally's don't and Taurens have a war stomp stun that ally prot pally's don't have.

The only horde race in need of a racial upgrade is the Undead WOTF..

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Elves
    AoE silence/interrupt, bonus mana

Not sure what the issue is for this one. It's got no real drawbacks.

Tauren
    AoE stun

The only drawback to this one is that it doesn't work on bosses. However, it will really drop damage taken on stunnable trash (which is also why you glyph Holy Wrath).

The Horde Paladin racials look perfectly fine to me.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

I am a firm believer of how wow used to be when a person picked a race for a character they play because they like how that character looks and not because of a specific racial i mean a mage for example if people just wanted to use the best we'd see nothing but troll mages but ya know sometimes a person wants to be a undead. Racials shouldn't be so overwhelming that a player feels they need to be a certain race to be "top tier" Also your (homosexual with overgrown eyebrows) was just downright offensive and uncalled for. If you despise the current situation so much then just go alliance if it means so much to you.

Like others have said, Arcane Torent's 6% mana back every 2 minutes is pretty awesome. The AOE silence is awesome for trash mobs and even as backup for phase 2 of Nef. Tauren War Stomp is just as awesome for tanking.

WAIT! I KNOW!
    Are you a Ret Paladin!?!?!?!
    Oh well in that case your just screwed!
    lol...
    Arcane torrent is still decent for rets, especially if you don't know how to keep your mana at full or have to break rotation and oom for it...

No real beneficial PVE racials? BE pallies on Cho'gall say hello!!!! And not counting the multiple bosses where interrupts matter and arcane torrent can save you on a rebuke cd.

Arcane torrent is one of the best racials in the game for healers. It returns the same amount of mana on a 2 min CD as an epic trinket (the jar) so is MONEY.

For ret and prot there is the extra interupt but otherwise roll a cow and rename to DivineAngus if tanking. I agree that Taurens need some racial reworking but trolls and orcs have some really nice dps racials.

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    WAIT! I KNOW!
    Are you a Ret Paladin!?!?!?!
    Oh well in that case your just screwed!
    lol...
    Arcane torrent is still decent for rets, especially if you don't know how to keep your mana at full or have to break rotation and oom for it...
    Yeah im ret and since rebuke came into play i dont need arcane torrent for an intterupt and on chogall there are many other aoe ints that do the same as arcane torrent/war stomp on a shorter cooldown. We dont have increased expertise,spirit,hit. We dont have increased ap or haste like trolls,orcs. We have something that gives us back mana for 1-2 holy lights on a 2 min cd and an aoe stomp that is used for trash only. Horde paladins are the only class that has no "real" Pve benefits dps/healing wise

um, I know this is a pala forum but they did update orc racials.. we get a huge bonus with blood fury then 5% inc pet damage and a stun duration reduction idc about the axe specialization. You know any alliance dps with racials like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    um, I know this is a pala forum but they did update orc racials.. we get a huge bonus with blood fury then 5% inc pet damage and a stun duration reduction idc about the axe specialization. You know any alliance dps with racials like that?
    so nerf some of that give it to horde paladins:BALANCE

i am also offended at the use of the word troll to describe my race. apparently some ppl (SephirothStrife) are offended by homosexuals and really need to relax a little. i, however, feel calling my whole race trolls just because we have tusks and are far cooler/better than any other race is completely unacceptable. I don't yet know what the policically correct term for players of our ethnic background is, but calling us trolls, is just as unacceptable as the other terms used to refer to races or characters sexual orientations.
    Last edited by Mixon; 2011-04-12 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsurugi View Post
    Blood Elves
    AoE silence/interrupt, bonus mana

Not sure what the issue is for this one. It's got no real drawbacks.

Tauren
    AoE stun

The only drawback to this one is that it doesn't work on bosses. However, it will really drop damage taken on stunnable trash (which is also why you glyph Holy Wrath).

The Horde Paladin racials look perfectly fine to me.
    2 races = The Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrakiller View Post
    2 races = The Horde
    Those 2 racials = Horde Paladins, which is what the thread is about, Horde Paladin racials.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by hydrakiller View Post
    2 races = The Horde
    Paladin forums

Hitsurugi beat me to it

Deleted
    Tauren:

- Base health increased by 5%. Decent for tanking.
    - Stuns up to 5 enemies within 8 yards for 2 seconds. 2 minute cooldown.

Blood elf:

- Pretty obvious but Arcane Torrent gives you 6% of your MAX mana back

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetNoata View Post
    Horde paladins are the only class that has no "real" Pve benefits dps/healing wise
    Yeah, 6% max mana back on my holy paladin is terrible in pve.

Deleted
    I don't agree they are bad.

I mean tauren stun is awesome in pvp if you are dying pop that stun, throw quick fol/dl, and kite.
    Arcane torrent is bad? Rly? If someone fake cast your rebuke, you can always counter with Arcane torrent.

Alliance got their racials reworked, because they were awful ( except human's ofc >.< who doesnt want free trinket + 10% more rep..yeh right ),
    and they QQ'd that horde got better pvp racials.

But i mean are you really going to play a race because of racials? If you're, then you are prolly min-maxing and you'll already know the answer of this question and won't make topics like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    Yeah, 6% max mana back on my holy paladin is terrible in pve.
    It's good if you can line it up with Power Torrent.