Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    10-4 October... 4-9 (4-6-3) November... Including losing 5 of their last 6 (1-3-2). They play 10 of 14 games in December at home, against some pretty tough competition... Fingers crossed, guys..
    To be fair, they should have won against Pittsburgh and Buffalo but got fucked over by some shitty officiating in Pittsburgh big time and they just weren't playing great in Buffalo. Nonis really needs to make a change on the back end and bring in someone with experience and skill that can play defensively, time for the Paul Ranger experiment to end and the Leafs needs to admit to that now. Put Ranger on waivers and send him down, trade Gardiner for someone who helps us now because clearly he isn't helping us in any useful way. Also, I still maintain that trying to drag Leo Komarov back from the KHL would be in the Leafs best interest, he brought so much energy and physicality to that team last year that I think they were one of the toughest teams to play against physically aside from Boston.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    got fucked over by some shitty officiating
    For as long as I have been coming to this thread, this has been your excuse. Get over yourself.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    fuck yeah boys fuck yeah ramo

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    For as long as I have been coming to this thread, this has been your excuse. Get over yourself.
    No, that game was pure shitty Reffing. Anyone who doesn't call the tying goal interference needs to have their eyes pulled out of their heads, go watch it if you don't think the refs threw horse shit calls at Toronto. Oh and Phaneuf had a goal waved off tonight because JVR was screening Price on the edge of the crease, they called that interference even though a Montreal player was trying to back him into Price yet he was doing nothing to interfere with stopping the puck aside from screening. It's only interference when you make intentional contact and you can't be faulted if someone pushes you into a goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    He's actually not wrong on this one... Malkin 100% interfered with the goalie before scoring the tying goal.

However, the 'should have won in Buffalo but they just weren't playing great'... That's kind of my point. If you lose 2 of 3 and almost lose the 3rd to the far and away worst team in the entire league, that's pretty embarassing. It's not even like the last one was close, aside from the score. We just get badly outplayed by everyone lately. Good teams find a way to win when they aren't playing their best, especially against teams way below them in the standings. Right now, Toronto makes up 10.7% of Buffalo's games played. Toronto makes up 28.6% of Buffalo's points on the season. In 25 other games, Buffalo has 10 points (4-19-2).

As for tonight, it was inteference. JVR stopped in the crease before making an effort to get out. It's the right call. It's interference if you make ANY contact in the crease, and it's the ref's discretion whether that contact was intentional, incidental, or plainly could have been avoided. It's not a bad call by the ref because he had to make a choice and saw JVR make contact with Price, even with minimal help from the Habs' D.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://mediacru.sh/_Dw9GyKQhMCk

was the gif in question I believe.

Reffing as a bit shotty in the Flames/Kings game too. Carcilo got a penalty for breathing it was pretty sweet. Cammalarri driving his stock up with a last ditch effort to win. I could get used to the Kings being the one team we beat, fuck Daryll for what he did to this team >=O. Was a pretty good game last night other than the fact that we're awful and every game is a disaster. The RB is in full swing
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-12-01 at 05:28 PM.

I didn't even see last night that Subban barely touched JVR at all.. just makes it even more obvious that it's interference :x

15+ Year Old Account
    This season the refs are to blame for countless games already.
    I dont get whats happening but it seems the newer refs are getting more and more games and the "oldies" are getting retired.

Yesterdays example between Ducks and San Jose sharks. What the Fuk were the refs thinking.

Look 1.05 into THIS clip. You see #5 on sharks (Demers) And #7 on Ducks (Cogliano). Demers starts pushing, cogliano retaliates. They end up in the boards.
    Then you see #34 on Ducks (Winnik) Throw the gloves and joins in. Now by the rules that is an automatic game missconduct as he is the 3rd man in.

Now first the ref sends him to the bench. And the commentators are wondering what the hell refs are doing.
    Next thing that happens is they send Cogliano to the Box for a penalty. Which is Wrong as its clear that Demers is the instegator in this situation (Throws gloves first)

Then after that they send Winnik to the penalty box, and the commentators also are thinking "Teh fuk?".
    Then heres the awesome part. Ref comes up, Both Ducks players get a game misconduct. + a 2 min penalty.

That is just beyond horrible by the ref. never seen anything like it, calls are clear as day. 2 min on San Jose sharks and a instant game misconduct for Winnik is the right call. Not throwing Cogliano out and give them a 2 min penalty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post

Goalie intereference. No doubt. Even if hes not actually preventing Price in that situation, he still has his skates inside the crease. That alone is reason enough to wave off a goal.
    A goalie at any given time in the game should not have anyone inside his crease, and he does so in that situation, even if hes not preventing him from for example sliding over you can see price trying to push him out and that the player has his ass on his blocker(preventing him for having a free movement).

Didnt see that game but if that goal were waved off. It was a good call by the Ref's

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post

Reffing as a bit shotty in the Flames/Kings game too. Carcilo got a penalty for breathing it was pretty sweet. Cammalarri driving his stock up with a last ditch effort to win. I could get used to the Kings being the one team we beat, fuck Daryll for what he did to this team >=O. Was a pretty good game last night other than the fact that we're awful and every game is a disaster. The RB is in full swing
    Yup, that's not interference, being on the line isn't interference, pushing over a goalie is interference. The worst you could say is that JVR's butt was touching Price's blocker but considering he was outside the crease when the puck came in from the shot, it's not interference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    This season the refs are to blame for countless games already.
    I dont get whats happening but it seems the newer refs are getting more and more games and the "oldies" are getting retired.

Yesterdays example between Ducks and San Jose sharks. What the Fuk were the refs thinking.

Look 1.05 into THIS clip. You see #5 on sharks (Demers) And #7 on Ducks (Cogliano). Demers starts pushing, cogliano retaliates. They end up in the boards.
    Then you see #34 on Ducks (Winnik) Throw the gloves and joins in. Now by the rules that is an automatic game missconduct as he is the 3rd man in.

Now first the ref sends him to the bench. And the commentators are wondering what the hell refs are doing.
    Next thing that happens is they send Cogliano to the Box for a penalty. Which is Wrong as its clear that Demers is the instegator in this situation (Throws gloves first)

Then after that they send Winnik to the penalty box, and the commentators also are thinking "Teh fuk?".
    Then heres the awesome part. Ref comes up, Both Ducks players get a game misconduct. + a 2 min penalty.

That is just beyond horrible by the ref. never seen anything like it, calls are clear as day. 2 min on San Jose sharks and a instant game misconduct for Winnik is the right call. Not throwing Cogliano out and give them a 2 min penalty.

- - - Updated - - -

Goalie intereference. No doubt. Even if hes not actually preventing Price in that situation, he still has his skates inside the crease. That alone is reason enough to wave off a goal.
    A goalie at any given time in the game should not have anyone inside his crease, and he does so in that situation, even if hes not preventing him from for example sliding over you can see price trying to push him out and that the player has his ass on his blocker(preventing him for having a free movement).

Didnt see that game but if that goal were waved off. It was a good call by the Ref's
    Red line isn't inside the crease, and Price came out to make the save, that isn't by any means, interference. Get your eyes fixed, but then again, I would expect any less then ignorance from a Habs fan. JVR was only in the crease before the shot was taken, he was out by the time the shot was made.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-12-02 at 01:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well ok then

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, that's not interference, being on the line isn't interference, pushing over a goalie is interference. The worst you could say is that JVR's butt was touching Price's blocker but considering he was outside the crease when the puck came in from the shot, it's not interference.

- - - Updated - - -

Red line isn't inside the crease, and Price came out to make the save, that isn't by any means, interference. Get your eyes fixed, but then again, I would expect any less then ignorance from a Habs fan. JVR was only in the crease before the shot was taken, he was out by the time the shot was made.
    Both his skates looked to be clearly in the blue ice to me and the only reason he was even close to not being in the crease was because Price was trying to push him out of the crease so he could go make the save. There were bad calls both directions in that game but that call seemed legit to me. I do have an appointment with my ophthalmologist this week to get my eyes checked. I will report back after if I am indeed blind

69.3 Contact Inside the Goal Crease - If an attacking player initiates contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Anything starting with the red line is the goalies area. im sorry but i think you're the one that needs to get your eyes checked. He is inside the crease when initial shot is released.
    And also after looking frame by frame you can see price's blocker following the body of the toronto player which indicates that he had pressure on Price's blocker side.

And i'm a habs fan? I've lived in Canada for about a year playing hockey. I like habs yes, but not my favourite team.

No, just person that actually has played the sport myself for the past 18 years. Oh and i'm a goalie, so think i know the rules about the crease.

Just to make it perfectly clear for you before you go see an optician.

If torontos player would have the skate like that defenseman had it, then we wouldnt have had a goalie intereference, atleast not a correct call.

Lets not forget that massive ass also being 10 miles inside the crease Rule is not made specificly for skates. but the players body.

Last edited by Rosh; 2013-12-02 at 10:11 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know theres a bunch of different ways you can interpret what happened there. For Cogliano and Demers I could see 2 and 2, 2 and 2+2, 5 and 5+2, etc. The fact that Demers got nothing is a joke though. But I'm not crazy about the Winnik game misconduct either. How often do you see scrums of 3+ players pushing and grabbing each other? It might start with just two guys in front of the net, but before you know it everybody swarms there and starts shoving/grabbing. This is close to that situation; I think the rule you are describing should apply to two players who are clearly interested in fighting each other, and then a third guy just comes in to 2v1 him.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anything starting with the red line is the goalies area. im sorry but i think you're the one that needs to get your eyes checked. He is inside the crease when initial shot is released.
    And also after looking frame by frame you can see price's blocker following the body of the toronto player which indicates that he had pressure on Price's blocker side.

And i'm a habs fan? I've lived in Canada for about a year playing hockey. I like habs yes, but not my favourite team.

No, just person that actually has played the sport myself for the past 18 years. Oh and i'm a goalie, so think i know the rules about the crease.

Just to make it perfectly clear for you before you go see an optician.

If torontos player would have the skate like that defenseman had it, then we wouldnt have had a goalie intereference, atleast not a correct call.

Lets not forget that massive ass also being 10 miles inside the crease Rule is not made specificly for skates. but the players body.
    Small image is cancerously small, and the large overhead clearly shows no intentional interference. Price touched JVR, not the other way around. It isn't interference if the player in front of the goalie doesn't intentionally make contact. If that was goaltender interference, Malkin should have got two minutes for pushing over Reimer and the goal should have been called off.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn Poirier and Nurse got snubbed from Canada's world jr squad.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reilly hasn't been invited, though Frederik Gauthier was invited, he has been having a solid season in the QMJHL.

I recall hearing during the game Saturday I think that Rielly isn't going to be let go from the Leafs... but Nurse getting snubbed is pretty big news.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Hockey Canada doesn't like the way he plays.

"Darnell Nurse was never going to be invited to the WJC selection camp. Hockey Canda feels that Nurse plays too much of an uncontrolled game for the international stage right now. They are concerned that being too aggressive physically could lead to untimely penalties, major penalties and even suspensions. There is also concern about him pulling himself out of position on the large ice while going for a big hit."

was the quote I read. Stupid, they invite Shinkaruk instead of a bunch of other kids. He's not having a great season albeit being on a shit team contributes to that. Emile Poirier is having a great season so far on the other hand but doesn't get a look. He's a really speedy skater and plays a hard game. Maybe it's the same situation as Nurse, they don't want him to take a bad penalty or something? I dunno, kind of head scratching to me imo. I can see not inviting Klimchuk or Jankowski but Poirier is having a really solid season already. Hopefully Monahan recovers from his injury, Calgary would likely release him to play in WJ's.

Also, not taking Domi kind of was a puzzler. I know he's not big at all, but his kind of game is perfect for international play. Being in Sweden, I assume the rinks will be international size and not NHL? Anyone know? Also, it just occurred to me.. I'm going to be in a part of America that will 100% not have any WJC coverage from the 26th-7th.... son of the bitches. I'll get all the stupid bowl games I want, I'm sure... which is just meh. I'll actually miss the BCS game too, because my flight is a red eye and leaves the night of the 6th. If I didn't have a wedding to go to, I'd bail on this trip 100%.

15+ Year Old Account
    Small image is cancerously small, and the large overhead clearly shows no intentional interference. Price touched JVR, not the other way around. It isn't interference if the player in front of the goalie doesn't intentionally make contact. If that was goaltender interference, Malkin should have got two minutes for pushing over Reimer and the goal should have been called off.
    It doesent matter. He was in the crease, its prices area. As long he is in the crease with anything it is interfering with the free play of the goalie, hence Goalie interference.
    IF malkin didnt get called on it its the referees fault. Rules stands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I don't know theres a bunch of different ways you can interpret what happened there. For Cogliano and Demers I could see 2 and 2, 2 and 2+2, 5 and 5+2, etc. The fact that Demers got nothing is a joke though. But I'm not crazy about the Winnik game misconduct either. How often do you see scrums of 3+ players pushing and grabbing each other? It might start with just two guys in front of the net, but before you know it everybody swarms there and starts shoving/grabbing. This is close to that situation; I think the rule you are describing should apply to two players who are clearly interested in fighting each other, and then a third guy just comes in to 2v1 him.
    Winnik misconduct was as it should be. He went in as the 3rd player by throwing his gloves so that its completely fine that he got thrown out, think the rule is called soemthing like "3rd instigator" or something along those lines, cant remember atm. you dont do that when there is already a situation between the two.
    Its a good rule IMO to have since it has in the last few years after they implemented it kept people from going 2on1 without any risk of getting thrown out, actually its the first i've seen of it this year and they after some stupid back and fourth calls did the right one.
    But at the same time did a big mistake by throwing cogliano out aswell.
    and ofc demers should get an automatic 2 personal for throwing the gloves first and starting a situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Also, not taking Domi kind of was a puzzler. I know he's not big at all, but his kind of game is perfect for international play. Being in Sweden, I assume the rinks will be international size and not NHL? Anyone know?
    The rinks will be international one so its a advantage for swedes/finish. well yea everyone that plays on it at a regular basis.
    Will be played on a 60x30 meter rink.

ZURICH – The IIHF Council – the federation’s 13-member executive body – has confirmed that the ice hockey tournaments (men’s and women’s) at the XXII Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia 2014 will be played on international-sized rinks measuring 60 metres by 30 metres, as opposed to the North American (60 x 26).
    Last edited by Rosh; 2013-12-03 at 01:04 PM.