Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    Penguins still on vacation. Every. God. Damn. Time. They are just beyond horrible when they get more than 2 days off.
    And against Florida none the less.

The Leafs are looking damn good tonight despite getting out shot, Bernier has been sharp too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Good news everyone, Flames are 5-0 on Mondays
    I love it!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    I love it!
    5-1 rip the streak is over No Kipper to protect us from the Sharks this time

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hartley fined $25k? What on Earth for? The NHL is going to tell you who you can and can't start now?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to be implied that starting a line with fighters on it was attempting to incite a fight against top players. To be fair, he was trying to take advantage of not having last change on the road. Vancouver's players didn't have to fight though.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh if Rolsten got fined for the Buffalo/Toronto fiasco, it's only fair I guess. Not a big deal, I'm sure management pitched in to cover the damage.

Leave seminar - score is 1-0.
    Get home - score is 4-0.

I am not in the least bit opposed to this... but what in the fuck is going on?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Leave seminar - score is 1-0.
    Get home - score is 4-0.

I am not in the least bit opposed to this... but what in the fuck is going on?
    They are starting to play like a playoff team and have been getting some good goaltending the last couple of weeks. Reality is finally kicking in, the Leafs aren't a fringe team and a win tonight puts them in a tie with Montreal for 4th in the East. They just have to keep the momentum going after the Olympic break. If they go into the break in the top 4, they have a good shot at making the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    They are starting to play like a playoff team and have been getting some good goaltending the last couple of weeks. Reality is finally kicking in, the Leafs aren't a fringe team and a win tonight puts them in a tie with Montreal for 4th in the East. They just have to keep the momentum going after the Olympic break. If they go into the break in the top 4, they have a good shot at making the playoffs.
    Not sure if I'm happy about the break or not at the moment. On one hand, team is playing amazing at the moment... On the other, we usually seem to play better than everyone else after long breaks. Also, the Habs will also have 3 games in hand; it's not really a tie. Apparently Blue Jackets are on a 7 game win streak. O_o

- - - Updated - - -

Horrid turnover on Gardiner.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2014-01-22 at 03:50 AM.

Not for nothing, but one thing I will never understand in hockey talk is people saying two teams are tied when the only 'tie' between them is the amount of points. Montreal has 3 games in hand on us (so a higher point percentage) and a half dozen more ROW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pavelec singelhandedly won Jets game in reg over the ducks.

i have no words.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Not for nothing, but one thing I will never understand in hockey talk is people saying two teams are tied when the only 'tie' between them is the amount of points. Montreal has 3 games in hand on us (so a higher point percentage) and a half dozen more ROW.
    Montreal could drop 3 in a row and then it is officially a tie, but considering Toronto plays Thursday and Saturday, that won't happen. Either way, the Leafs are playing some good hockey and have been winning against good teams lately, the secondary scoring is coming as Kadri has started to produce more the last several games and with Bolland working his way back from an injury, they are going to have a healthy and strong team post Olympics. Hopefully Kessel, JVR and Kulemin don't come back all banged up though. They have the momentum going right now and their youthful swagger is evident, they just need to show their maturity by playing better defensively. With 8 games remaining before the Olympic break, going 6-2 is entirely possible, even 7-1 can be done. They play Dallas, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Vancouver and both Florida and Tampa Bay twice each. 16 points are up for grabs here before the break, going in with 68-70 points would be a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pardon my language but... are you fucking ready Detroit?!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see the Leafs win.

Even nicer to see Mackinnon pick up a couple goals

have to give props to the kid who brought us A Mem Cup and Qmjhl Title(along with Drouin)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kessel is on pace to match his career high in points from two seasons ago at 82. He has 52 points in 52 games this year and had 82 in 82 as his career high. He is also on pace to break his career high goal total of 37 from two seasons ago, with 30 games left he only needs 11 more to tie it.

- - - Updated - - -

Nashville has traded Klein to New York for Del Zotto. Seriously can't believe Glen Sather is that fucking stupid. I know Del Zotto hasn't been playing well this year, but trading a guy who was a first round pick, 20th overall for a 37th overall player just seems absurd. Giving up on a guy like that who was a lot better under Tortorella just seems like a bad move.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2014-01-22 at 07:59 PM.

Couldn't the Leafs have just traded McLaren for DZ then...? Sather, man... guy kills me.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I really don't understand that trade... They should have been able to get way more

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Kessel is on pace to match his career high in points from two seasons ago at 82. He has 52 points in 52 games this year and had 82 in 82 as his career high. He is also on pace to break his career high goal total of 37 from two seasons ago, with 30 games left he only needs 11 more to tie it.
    So he's finally not underperforming? Congratulations TML.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    So he's finally not underperforming? Congratulations TML.
    He hasn't under performed in the last few years. If anything, he has been the teams best player since he was acquired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iv'e always liked Kessel just because I got to see him dog my brother back when they were about 10yrs old. For his performance over the past few years, its not so much him as much as it is the pieces put around him. If you were to put Kessel in Kane's or Perry's position... well you get the point. I think the management there is finally starting to get it and his numbers will only go up. What matters more than the player is the pieces you surround them with.