Any word on cookes suspension?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Any word on cookes suspension?
    Well his hearing is in person, Seabrook's was over the phone and he got 3 games. So my sound logical deduction concludes that it will be something greater than 3 games

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Well his hearing is in person, Seabrook's was over the phone and he got 3 games. So my sound logical deduction concludes that it will be something greater than 3 games
    Apparently it can exceed 5 games after hearing in person. I am hoping for atleast 10

Cooke was offered the opportunity for an in-person hearing as required by provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement for any suspension that can exceed five games.
    Taken from NHL safety section

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Apparently 5 games is the minimum after hearing in person. I am hoping for atleast 10
    They compared it to the Porter hit on Booth. Where Porter got 4 games, but Booth was out 4 weeks. So I am thinking they'll do a Torres thing again. Suspend him enough games that he is out for the playoffs.

I'd be ok with him being suspended for life. NHLPA would never let that happen, but obviously this guy hasn't learned shit since he's had a couple knee on knee hits that were completely intentional (imo of course) in the last few weeks. He'll probably get 5... I think they want him in person to tell him point blank that they aren't going to tolerate seeing him do this shit again in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    It usually means he's done something to piss off the coach. Anytime a player pisses off a coach, they get sat for a long time. When Hall splashed Eakins and Hall ended up being sat the entire 3rd period.
    Well, he's back up to 2nd line tonight for some reason.

They need to just remove him from the league... Also wtf the Smith hit on Marchand.. like really sticking your leg out must be common....

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got a feeling his suspension is going to make a lot of people angry. They were talking on the radio saying after 18 months of no suspensions or anything, a player is considered as a no-time offender if that makes any sense. Not sure if they'll follow their own rules but fuck I woulden't be mad if he was just suspended for life. Gutless player. (Cooke)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0waePHWjVGY

The fact that you can make a highlight reel of all his dirty plays is disgusting.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-04-23 at 01:12 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like nothing more then to see him banned for the rest of his life.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Montreal is off to the second round.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    WOW that penalty call at the end of the Tampa Montreal game. BRUTAL call. In an elimination game IN THE LAST 2 MINS! Too bad for the Lightning, I liked them. It's a shame Fippula didn't do shit and they didn't have Bishop.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    WOW that penalty call at the end of the Tampa Montreal game. BRUTAL call. In an elimination game IN THE LAST 2 MINS! Too bad for the Lightning, I liked them. It's a shame Fippula didn't do shit and they didn't have Bishop.
    Last game everyone seemed to be complaining about a terrible call that cost the Lightning the game and I can't remember, but I think I heard there was one also in the first game. Only one I can speak about was today's since it was the only one I saw, but what a ridiculous PP for tripping a player when nothing happened to the Hab guy that was practically humping him. Oh well, it's only a matter of time before the entire conference gets dominated by Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I'd like nothing more then to see him banned for the rest of his life.
    Me too.
    Everyone keeps saying he changed his ways, but I still think he's a very malicious player who doesn't care if he ends up ruining someone else's career. Seriously, how many more injuries is he going to cause while he's in the league?

Also...
    http://www.nj.com/flyers/index.ssf/2...ty_tricks.html

It was the disallowed goal in the second that was kind of confusing, since the goalie interference happened a good 5-10 seconds before the puck went in the net (in game 3).

10+ Year Old Account
    ugh, this is the shit that gets people fired

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    ugh, this is the shit that gets people fired
    This is a great time to start hiring those amazing female refs from the Olympics.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    In all honesty, Tampa stands no chance in the playoffs until they get some better defense. They are too much of a run and gun type of team and just aren't that good defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    In all honesty, Tampa stands no chance in the playoffs until they get some better defense. They are too much of a run and gun type of team and just aren't that good defensively.
    It's why, in a weird way, I'm glad the Leafs didn't make the playoffs. Getting knocked out in 4 or 5 games in the first round isn't helpful. Obviously, I'd rather us be a playoff team... but not if you're just going out like that.

Not surprised the Habs swept them without Bishop...maybe a little surprised at some of the reffing going on...
    Very surprised the Sharks are up 3-0 after having outscored LA 17-8 over 3 games. One of the best defensive teams in the league giving up 6 a game? Fuck off, Randy... that's nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Habs-Bolts series. There were a lot of penalties not called. Particularly holding. That goes to both sides as well.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol Carcillo's reaction after his goal was pretty funny

Interesting that Selanne is getting scratched. Thats gotta leave a sore spot for a future Hall of Fame player.