10+ Year Old Account
    It is always disappointing when a blatant dive draws a penalty, particularly in a scoreless game. I guess I will have to endure terrible officiating for another series.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm astonished that the refs actually protected Quick from getting shoved

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like rule changes mid game. That's fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Even after the explanation it still doesn't make sense. Judging by Q's reaction no body was aware that they made that call on the ice. So they were told by Toronto that the initial shot didn't go in, they then got together and decided it was goalie interference at any point after that, essentially making a call 10 mins after the fact.

- - - Updated - - -

At the very least the officials did a terrible job explaining their thought process. Kind of lost in all of this is I'm not even sure Toews would have made contact with Quick at all if hadn't been pushed by the Kings player, but it's tough to tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    At the very least the officials did a terrible job explaining their thought process. Kind of lost in all of this is I'm not even sure Toews would have made contact with Quick at all if hadn't been pushed by the Kings player, but it's tough to tell.
    There was virtually no contact with Toews, Voynov was too busy kicking the puck into his own net
    The explanation was somewhat poor, it didn't help that the announcers on NBC don't know any of the rules and kept saying things that weren't true. Obviously I think they made the right call, at least they huddled up and took their time on it, which is what I want to see from officials in any sport when an important call needs to be made.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    There was virtually no contact with Toews, Voynov was too busy kicking the puck into his own net
    The explanation was somewhat poor, it didn't help that the announcers on NBC don't know any of the rules and kept saying things that weren't true. Obviously I think they made the right call, at least they huddled up and took their time on it, which is what I want to see from officials in any sport when an important call needs to be made.
    When you compare it to the NFL though (Hochuli especially) when they make their rulings on challenges, it's just not good enough. We shouldn't need the announcers to give an explanation 10 minutes later. It should come from the official on the ice immediately, and they should have told Q their thought process beforehand so fans don't have to see him explode and start tweeting how horrible the NHL is.

10+ Year Old Account
    ugh Toffoli I can not believe that... the whole neighborhood heard me when he hit that post

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Something tells me the Caps will be pretty damn unhappy if he ended up ripping his knee out. Having it happen at the Olympics, well its the Olympics, but at the Worlds in an Olympic year? Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Something tells me the Caps will be pretty damn unhappy if he ended up ripping his knee out. Having it happen at the Olympics, well its the Olympics, but at the Worlds in an Olympic year? Yeah.
    #worth

No but in all seriousness. That is a bummer. Looked really bad from the footage I saw.. Sad for Russia and Caps.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    For all the attention Hank, Price, and Rask got this postseason, CC now stands alone atop the GAA and SV% stats.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit, Price might be done for series

10+ Year Old Account
    For all the attention Hank, Price, and Rask got this postseason, CC now stands alone atop the GAA and SV% stats.

- - - Updated - - -

Last I heard, Price is out. I got the alert on my Game Center app a few minutes ago.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Price and Lundqvhist both were tbe difference in their 2nd round series' though. Crawford has great numbers and all but he wasnt exacyly facing high octane offenses and plahs on an allstar team. Great numbers good goalie but not elite lik those other 3.

Fuck my phone!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Yeah... Fudge, I can't see Montreal winning now, and him being gone is bad for the series, not to take anything away from Montreal but with their most important player gone I'm not sure how they'll do.

You know.. I hate Montreal with every ounce of my being - it was born into me by the Gods above to never take pity on woe that befalls the Prime Evil in my life.... but even I feel awful for Montreal right now. Went from being a series to literally potentially being over in 4 or 5. No disrespect to Budaj - he could still steal a game.. maybe 2. But this series is done :/

He couldnt of gotten hurt 3 games ago? What a bummer. Sucks for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    You know.. I hate Montreal with every ounce of my being - it was born into me by the Gods above to never take pity on woe that befalls the Prime Evil in my life.... but even I feel awful for Montreal right now. Went from being a series to literally potentially being over in 4 or 5. No disrespect to Budaj - he could still steal a game.. maybe 2. But this series is done :/
    I feel bad too, and this is coming from a Rangers fan lol On one hand, it gives us an edge. But on the other hand, we are playing a team without their best player because of an accident. Kreider is going to get vilified even though in everyone's eyes but Habs fan, it was an accident. Then again, I lost a little respect for some Habs fans for the posts they made about St. Louis's mom on Twitter.

So, after going down two games, who wants to bet you see an awful lot of bumps and slides into ol' Lundqvist? That's the only way Montreal is coming out of this with even one win.

Deleted
    Price gone sure is boring for the series The series that I can actually follow without dying from lack of sleep!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I have enough disrespect fr Budaj to cover, he is not a good goalie, I have to assume they will bring somebody up from the minors rather than put the series in his hands.

Anyway, yea, this is a disaster for Montreal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Price gone sure is boring for the series The series that I can actually follow without dying from lack of sleep!
    Game 2 for both series starts at the same time 8pm eastern, so there's that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Game 2 for both series starts at the same time 8pm eastern, so there's that
    Oh. That I did not know. I just asumed that hawks - kings where going to play at 10pm(!?). Not sure that is the right time time zones makes my head spin