10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    What is happening to Chicago? :O Down 3-0 in the first period.
    Penalty Kill is non-existant. Just like it's been all series. LA now has 5 PP Goals in their last 8 chances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    What is happening to Chicago? :O Down 3-0 in the first period.
    Kings are happening

Chicago had a stinker in Minnesota IIRC, they're not too pretty on the road

- - - Updated - - -

I need marcellos so I have somebody to hate Shaw with

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    marcelos hates everyone that isnt a red wing

That was a bad call on the goalie interference against Chicago that got the ball rolling for LA. The refs seem to blow those ones so often. Kings are doing a great job of converting when they get opportunities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed that Duncan Keith got hit up high by a stick and didn't leap into the air or fall down like he'd been shot. I'm sure Michel Therrien did not allow his players to watch this game lest they be corrupted by actual hockey.

I got my wish, no chance for the Hawks to pull off their game 5-6 magic without still running afoul of the Kings' game 7 magic, should be fun.

VanillaO had some great seats tonight!
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2014-05-27 at 05:08 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the Rangers win the cup, how does Bettman decide who to give the cup to first? Obviously in this case it will be Marty, but do they have to get together and as a team and tell him beforehand (that would be awkward). If a team like Columbus had won it would be a lot more sketchy, as they also have no captain but no obvious choice as to who to give to first.

I looked it up and it looks like Boston was the only team to win the cup without a captain, who did it twice in 69-70 and 71-72, but they had legends Esposito and Orr (why the fuck wasn't one of these guys Captain?) on that team so imagine it wasn't that tough.

- - - Updated - - -

The Flames also won a cup with co-captains, I would guess they was just as awkward. Did they rock paper scissors?
    Last edited by Stommped; 2014-05-27 at 03:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    If the Rangers win the cup, how does Bettman decide who to give the cup to first? Obviously in this case it will be Marty, but do they have to get together and as a team and tell him beforehand (that would be awkward). If a team like Columbus had won it would be a lot more sketchy, as they also have no captain but no obvious choice as to who to give to first.

I looked it up and it looks like Boston was the only team to win the cup without a captain, who did it twice in 69-70 and 71-72, but they had legends Esposito and Orr (why the fuck wasn't one of these guys Captain?) on that team so imagine it wasn't that tough.

- - - Updated - - -

The Flames also won a cup with co-captains, I would guess they was just as awkward. Did they rock paper scissors?
    I have a feeling the Rangers will let Lundqvist take it first. I would as he has carried the team on his back for like 9 years lol

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I have a feeling the Rangers will let Lundqvist take it first. I would as he has carried the team on his back for like 9 years lol
    Ok then maybe it will be more awkward than I thought. Though the more I think about it, the team collectively decides who will get the cup 2nd, so this will be the same for who gets it 1st. And I'm sure Bettman will just ask the Rangers to send the player they chose over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok then maybe it will be more awkward than I thought. Though the more I think about it, the team collectively decides who will get the cup 2nd, so this will be the same for who gets it 1st. And I'm sure Bettman will just ask the Rangers to send the player they chose over.
    I hope so. I mean, without a Captain, it should be up to the team. And it would be pretty cool for Lundqvist to get it first since it will probably be the first time a goalie held it first since they can't be captain.

10+ Year Old Account
    somebody has to take a picture with the trophy for winning the conference, look and see who it is

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I noticed that Duncan Keith got hit up high by a stick and didn't leap into the air or fall down like he'd been shot. I'm sure Michel Therrien did not allow his players to watch this game lest they be corrupted by actual hockey.

I got my wish, no chance for the Hawks to pull off their game 5-6 magic without still running afoul of the Kings' game 7 magic, should be fun.
    To be fair Desharnais was hit in the head by a stick and didn't react like he was having a stroke.
    https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.ne...gif?1401071843

Plekanec was apparently shot in the heart though.
    http://gfycat.com/BossyKindheartedGemsbok

- - - Updated - - -

Based on precedent, it appears to be the longest service assistant; I think that would be Girardi?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/22/sports/hockey/success-without-a-c.html?hpw&rref=sports

Not 100% sure that would be the case though.

stepan in the lineup again tonight for the rangers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just realized NYR is up 3-1 in the series. That means their "losing streak while leading a playoff series" that we talked about a couple weeks ago is over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by macphistofly View Post
    stepan in the lineup again tonight for the rangers.
    Good to hear. Hoping for NYR to win now! Sacrificing my beutysleep for this!

- - - Updated - - -

Aaw, bad start for rangers.

- - - Updated - - -

Stepan ties! Sweet comeback for him

Deleted
    Lundqvist pulled with 40 min to go. Zuccarello stay classy please.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stormin back! Let's go blue shirts

after all that they're back to where they were after the first period. speaking of staying classy, montreal should keep diving. hopefully they call more of those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing, they finally call a penalty for embellishment... and then Subban draws a penalty with a dive, so much for that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This series is going 7 for sure if New York loses this one.

and whoever comes out of this is going to get mauled by the West. I think the Rangers will get dominated by LA because they won't be able to score more than 2 goals on Quick and that defensive system but maybe have a chance vs the Hawks if Nash decides he doesn't want to suck dicks anymore. Montreal will depend if Price is back but I could see them beating LA but not Chicago.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-05-28 at 02:53 AM.