10+ Year Old Account
    The games the Ducks have played against the two Canadian teams have been great series to watch. They've both been entertaining and the Ducks could have easily lost quite a few games. So yes, you bet your ass the Ducks have been worried about the two teams. Because there was no quit in either team they played.

Since you took pot shots at Calgary. They beat your sorry ass excuse of a team and made it to the second round and then gave the Ducks a few great games. So they should be praised for what they have been doing. They were expected to contend for dead last in the league. It wasn't like they had players who clearly under preformed in the playoffs.

We enjoy keeping this thread relatively constructive and have a real dislike for people who show up only during the playoffs to become critics. So you can take your leave at any time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    The games the Ducks have played against the two Canadian teams have been great series to watch. They've both been entertaining and the Ducks could have easily lost quite a few games. So yes, you bet your ass the Ducks have been worried about the two teams. Because there was no quit in either team they played.

Since you took pot shots at Calgary. They beat your sorry ass excuse of a team and made it to the second round and then gave the Ducks a few great games. So they should be praised for what they have been doing. They were expected to contend for dead last in the league. It wasn't like they had players who clearly under preformed in the playoffs.

We enjoy keeping this thread relatively constructive and have a real dislike for people who show up only during the playoffs to become critics. So you can take your leave at any time.
    I never took pot shots at Calgary, I just said that Anaheim beat them 4-1, so sportscasters going on an on about how Calgary "pushed it to the brink" is just silly.

Take it to game 6 in Calgary, or game 7 in Anaheim and you've pushed it to the brink - where the hell is the brink if you can get there by winning one game in a series? No one is saying the Canucks pushed Calgary to the brink - they got rolled because they couldn't handle the Flames.

My post was entirely about the sportscasters and their ridiculous homering - it's you Calgary fans who, as usual, want to jump in and start insulting people. If you'd actually read my posts you'd know that I was critical of the Canucks play, for the very reasons you stated.

But lets not forget that they are in the middle of a "rebuild on the fly" as well, and were also not expecting to make the postseason this year.

Oh, and for the record I've been posting in the NHL season threads on this forum for years. It's not on me if you haven't come across my posts - you can take your holier-than-thou attitude and shove off because I have a real dislike for internet cowboys who think their opinions mean more than other people's on a public forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    If you need a shoulder to cry on, I'll be in the Sushwap area for May long. GOD DAMN ALBERTA DRIVERS!

As for the Flames? Get used to it bud we're only going to get better and next year we MIGHT just have our best player in the lineup! We ran outta gas last night, worst 3rd and OT ive seen these guys play all year . All in all, real proud of the season.

Pro Flames sports net for like 11 more years too, they SURE were sucking our dicks that entire series!!!
    It's a long way from Shuswap to Vancouver Island, but I'm always glad to have an extra shoulder to cry on in the postseason.

I'm used to the Flames being a tough matchup for the Canucks, how many times ought I to write that before you stop seeing red (lol) and pay attention?

Your future prospects are certainly good, but last night even some of the panelists were commenting on PJ Stock's crazy homering even while they were all doing it.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2015-05-11 at 06:00 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you need a shoulder to cry on, I'll be in the Sushwap area for May long. GOD DAMN ALBERTA DRIVERS!

As for the Flames? Get used to it bud we're only going to get better and next year we MIGHT just have our best player in the lineup! We ran outta gas last night, worst 3rd and OT ive seen these guys play all year . All in all, real proud of the season.

Pro Flames sports net for like 11 more years too, they SURE were sucking our dicks that entire series!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    We ran outta gas last night, worst 3rd and OT ive seen these guys play all year . All in all, real proud of the season.
    They were pretty overwhelmed in period 3, but that is nothing new against the Ducks, they've been nasty in period 3 all year long. I would congratulate the Flames on their efforts but they let Perry beat them in OT... better to put it in their own net than let Perry score.

The worst part of Calgary making the playoffs was the 45 pages devoted to them in each newspaper, with every headline basically reading "FLAMES ROBBED AGAIN, 2004 NEVER FORGET"

I look forward to another five years of not having to put up with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    The worst part of Calgary making the playoffs was the 45 pages devoted to them in each newspaper, with every headline basically reading "FLAMES ROBBED AGAIN, 2004 NEVER FORGET"

I look forward to another five years of not having to put up with that.
    It's not really worse than Vancouver, where it's always "CANUCKS FIND A WAY TO PROVE THEY'RE THE WORST FUCKING TEAM AND ARE GOING NOWHERE AGAIN, BLAME 2011 LUONGO PROBABLY."

I don't think there's a city where the media are worse to their team than Vancouver, or a city where it's considered cooler to hate your own team and cheer for a divisional rival than it is to cheer for your own team.

Vancouver is beautiful city, but it's full of arrogant, pretentious assholes.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you seen Toronto media?

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you seen Toronto media?
    But Toronto has let its fans down much more significantly than the Canucks have. Toronto has been a bottom-feeder team for a decade, whereas the Canucks are pretty firmly in the middle-of-the-pack.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't consider middle-of-the-pack to be a shameful position to be in in professional sports. It's not the goal, obviously, but it's not shameful.

Deleted
    Watching the game winning goal again:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...d=nhl:topheads

This is straight from the NHL Rule book Page 94 rule 69.1: "If an attacking player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by a
    defending player so as to cause him to come into contact with the
    goalkeeper, such contact will not be deemed contact initiated by the
    attacking player for purposes of this rule, provided the attacking player
    has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact. "

No doubt it was a good goal.

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Watching the game winning goal again:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...d=nhl:topheads

This is straight from the NHL Rule book Page 94 rule 69.1: "If an attacking player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by a
    defending player so as to cause him to come into contact with the
    goalkeeper, such contact will not be deemed contact initiated by the
    attacking player for purposes of this rule, provided the attacking player
    has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact. "

No doubt it was a good goal.
    He was already on him before he was pushed.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why the fuck is there no game tonight? Why is MTL-TB game 6 not tonight? The scheduling has been so funky in that series.

- - - Updated - - -

Bracket Challenge Update:

3 people correctly picked a Hawks-Ducks WCF (myself, Slipperygoldfish, and Hertlinahalfshell). At this point I don't believe it's possible for someone other than those 3 will win the challenge, that's because no one has picked Washington to advance to the ECF, and both MTL-NYR and TB-NYR was picked by us 3, so no one can make up any ground.

Edit - take that back, unless my math is wrong Naz and Garbles can still make up the ground if the Hawks or Habs win the cup, cause that's worth a stupid amount of points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Why the fuck is there no game tonight? Why is MTL-TB game 6 not tonight? The scheduling has been so funky in that series.
    it's pretty irritating

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    You probably should save yourself time from arguing with somebody who thinks you can hack somebody's skates out from behind without touching the puck and its perfectly legal.

That said, it looked like a good goal to me and I am as biased against Perry as is possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm always going to pick my team to win the cup. Even if it looks like they shouldn't.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Live the dream brother! The Carey Price dream.

https://mobile.twitter.com/takenoyuj...32857717252096

THEY PREDICTED THIS
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2015-05-11 at 10:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    It looked to me like he got knocked down and into Ramo by a defenceman.

I did find it interesting that they didn't seem to even review it though.

Deleted

Clearly a good goal, unless blindfolded by bias. Pushed down in the goalie, twice!

10+ Year Old Account
    The East was relatively easy to go through with picks. The West is what was a gong show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw that Callahan had an emergency appendectomy, ruled out for game 6.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

3 people correctly picked a Hawks-Ducks WCF (myself, Slipperygoldfish, and Hertlinahalfshell). At this point I don't believe it's possible for someone other than those 3 will win the challenge, that's because no one has picked Washington to advance to the ECF, and both MTL-NYR and TB-NYR was picked by us 3, so no one can make up any ground.

Edit - take that back, unless my math is wrong Naz and Garbles can still make up the ground if the Hawks or Habs win the cup, cause that's worth a stupid amount of points.
    Yeah, like it was sooooo hard for you guys to pick the favorites!!!! (Kidding, sorry) but seriously, picking favorites should have a penalty...
    You're a towel.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure there was an arena scheduling conflict which is why the back to back happened. Can't really put that on the NHL.