Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    National Post is calling Vancouver "not even Canadian". They forget those two weeks here more than a year ago, fuck em.
    I was downtown Vancouver every night during the 2010 Olympics and it was insane; Vancouver is already a multi-cultural city, but the Olympics brought hoards of people from different parts of the world. I'll never forget the experience of being downtown after Canada won Hockey Olympic Gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    bruins just looked outstanding, just gotta get it in there!
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oneremix View Post
    I was downtown Vancouver every night during the 2010 Olympics and it was insane; Vancouver is already a multi-cultural city, but the Olympics brought hoards of people from different parts of the world. I'll never forget the experience of being downtown after Canada won Hockey Olympic Gold.
    I'll never forget high-fiving everyone with a Team Canada jersey (so basically everyone) and singing O' Canada every 5 mins. PARTY!

I swear the puck has a grudge against the bruins lol

Were the bruins fans booing?

Goons cheering/booing for goons.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    getting a goal in that PP was huge for the bs, even if it was in the last second of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found out Dwayne Roloson has a chance to break a record set by Jacques Plante.

Quote Originally Posted by NHL.com
    The 41-year-old Roloson can break the NHL postseason record for consecutive victories by a goaltender that has reached his 40th birthday with his ninth in a row. Jacques Plante also won eight straight in 1969.

Wow, two amazing goals by Seguin now.

---------- Post added 2011-05-18 at 01:26 AM ----------

Wow, another one. AMAZING.
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal

so why did they think he was not ready to play exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oneremix View Post
    Hawks didn't take the Nucks anywhere, the Nucks got bored for 2 games, and Crawford stood on his head for game 6 while his team was TOTALLY outplayed - thats how they took the Canucks to game 7.

In any case, theres no point talking about round 1 of the playoffs when we're already at the conference finals; the Hawks are old news - I'm guessing they have had ample time to perfect their golf swings by now.
    actually no, in 4 and 5 luongo got destroyed, in game 6 ur team realized they needed to protect him, hence why the hawks got like 4 shots on luongo in the second period of game 6. back to watchin tb vs bruins.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seguin has been looking great tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    actually no, in 4 and 5 luongo got destroyed, in game 6 ur team realized they needed to protect him, hence why the hawks got like 4 shots on luongo in the second period of game 6. back to watchin tb vs bruins.
    Just shut up. The Blackhawks lost.

Enjoy the playoffs, stop thread-shitting every few pages by bringing that series up.

---------- Post added 2011-05-18 at 01:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by konaman View Post
    so why did they think he was not ready to play exactly?
    Lol it is ridiculous. The kid plays like 5mins a game.
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it looks like the bruins face a big problem when Berg comes back. Who do you send down to keep Seguin in the line up? I say Thornton. Now I love the guy, but his skill set isn't exactly needed all the time in the playoffs. And before you say Paille, did you see him single handedly kill 40 seconds off of that first period penalty?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    Well it looks like the bruins face a big problem when Berg comes back. Who do you send down to keep Seguin in the line up? I say Thornton. Now I love the guy, but his skill set isn't exactly needed all the time in the playoffs. And before you say Paille, did you see him single handedly kill 40 seconds off of that first period penalty?
    Campbell maybe. He has been consistently mediocre all playoffs. Maybe Peverly or Thornton. Thornton has all of 1 point in the playoffs. Boston needs to find a way to keep Seguin in the lineup and keep giving him ice time. When you see his performance in the last two games and you compare it to the awful play by some of the other forwards especially in the Habs series it makes you wonder if this is an anomaly or if Julien is an idiot. Seguin didn't exactly light it up this season although he was fairly decent on a team that didn't need to rely on him at all.

---------- Post added 2011-05-17 at 10:35 PM ----------

Then again if they scratch Campbell it might piss off his daddy. I am convinced the only reason Horton and Lucic didn't get disciplined for their game one antics is that Colin Campbell didn't want to see his kid's team suffer. Everyone knows that guy is incredibly biased and there is a tremendous amount of email evidence to back it up.

Yaaaaa bruins!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    dang that was a good game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Campbell maybe. He has been consistently mediocre all playoffs. Maybe Peverly or Thornton. Thornton has all of 1 point in the playoffs. Boston needs to find a way to keep Seguin in the lineup and keep giving him ice time. When you see his performance in the last two games and you compare it to the awful play by some of the other forwards especially in the Habs series it makes you wonder if this is an anomaly or if Julien is an idiot. Seguin didn't exactly light it up this season although he was fairly decent on a team that didn't need to rely on him at all.

---------- Post added 2011-05-17 at 10:35 PM ----------

Then again if they scratch Campbell it might piss off his daddy. I am convinced the only reason Horton and Lucic didn't get disciplined for their game one antics is that Colin Campbell didn't want to see his kid's team suffer. Everyone knows that guy is incredibly biased and there is a tremendous amount of email evidence to back it up.
    Yeh it will most likely be thornton. He's a locker room leader and a stand up guy but his fighting prowess isn't needed. If they remove Campbell their penalty will really hurt, he's one of the better PK guys on the team. And you know....Colin Campbell doesn't make disciplinary decisions for the bruins, Mike Murphy does.

I think the lines will look like this when Bergeron comes back

Lucic/Krejci/Horton
    Marchand/Bergeron/Recchi
    Seguin/Kelly/Ryder
    Peverly/Campbell/Thornton
    Last edited by ketzil; 2011-05-18 at 03:20 AM.

I'm happy that Boston won and all, but I don't think the last Tampa goal should have counted. Thomas' helmet was off and that's supposed to be an immediate whistle. It wasn't and sure enough the puck gets shot into his face, exactly why the play needs to be blown dead, and the rebound goes in. Kinda funny when you see the replay, but still should have been a whistle. Now if there was one and they score off of the face off, I'm completely fine with it.

Other than that, extremely satisfied with the Bruins tonight. Definitely stepped it up after game one. They got the powerplay going with 2 5v4 PP goals. Seg's was absolutely amazing with 2 goals and 2 assists. Claude would be stupid to not find a way to keep him in the line up when Bergeron comes back. He was the only Bruin who looked good in game 1 and was shining tonight. He has 3 goals and 3 assists in just two playoff games. Thomas came up with quite a few huge saves too. He was stopping all of those breakaway chances. The bad penalties need to stop though. Horton's elbow there at the end and a few others just were unnecessary and will cost end up costing them. This is more what I was expecting this series to be, tight games and a hard fought battle all the way through. Maybe not with scoring as high as it was tonight though.

Also it was nice to see Savard up there watching with Bergeron. Haven't really heard/seen much of him since that second concussion in the Colorado game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those non-calls happen though...sometimes for you, sometimes against you. Just gotta roll with em its the human error part of it. They sometimes won't make that call if the ref feels the offense is having a major scoring opportunity.

But yeah it was great to see Savvy up there. Its almost gotten to the point where he is so far in the back of the minds of Bruins fans he is almost non-existent. I hope if he truly feels good enough to come back he does, but if he decides he doesn't want to risk his future I'm ok with that too.
    Last edited by ketzil; 2011-05-18 at 03:39 AM.