Great to see that Rantanen is picking up his form again. Two huges goals tonight.

Interesting (and nice) to see that the favorites are being challenged and defeated by the underdogs.

Tampa fans having a great week.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    If they play Washington they probably lose, if they play Carolina they probably win. But they weren't supposed to be at Pittsburgh much less sweep so may as well buy tickets to playoff hockey where it's affordable.
    Hmmm interesting.

I just went to put that series' games on my calendar but only one of them is currently on the schedule...

Why is the NHL so weird about determining starting times for the games? They know the day but not the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Gotta be impressed by Avs - they're just rolling over the Flames. And it's not only the top line (even though they're good) - the whole team is playing tight and providing help.. which Flames aren't at the moment. A lot of individual solo efforts from the Flames in the 1st tonight.

(And of course the Flames scored while I was typing that. lol.)
    Yeah, a lot of different scorers. Grubauer has been amazing aswell from what I have heard and seen.

I don't like the way the NHL is run (so brand-based) but gotta admit that the playoffs are exciting as hell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Annnnnd Calgary is out. Has this kind of thing ever happened before that both conference #1's are out on the first round?

It's even possible and somewhat likely that all favourites get knocked out on the first round, that would be something.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Hmmm interesting.

I just went to put that series' games on my calendar but only one of them is currently on the schedule...

Why is the NHL so weird about determining starting times for the games? They know the day but not the time...
    Tell me about it. The Leafs play Boston tomorrow at 3 PM Eastern, like, what the actual fuck is that scheduling disaster?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Annnnnd Calgary is out. Has this kind of thing ever happened before that both conference #1's are out on the first round?

It's even possible and somewhat likely that all favourites get knocked out on the first round, that would be something.
    No, it's the first time a #8 has upset a #1 in both conferences in the same playoff season.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I haven't really discussed my opinions on the Leafs in the playoffs. Aside from game 2 being an utter shit show that the league should be ashamed of for the officiating disaster that it was, they've looked pretty good. Game 4 got away from them, they didn't start strong enough and a couple of breaks Boston's way had the Leafs chasing the whole game. But they pushed back, but it was a bit late. Matthews is having his best playoffs so far of his career, he's really put the team on his back this series.

monkaS Washington is murdering Carolina tonight. And Greeney said that I should be scared of Washington if they face the Islanders.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's elimination day for the old and slow Bawstaan Bwooins. Prepare to meet your maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It's elimination day for the old and slow Bawstaan Bwooins. Prepare to meet your maker.
    I really don't want to see a game 7 so hoping we play a solid fucking game tonight with no more bullshit Bruins powerplays. Imagine they'll come out swinging in the first ten minutes where we'll have to play defense. Need Zaitsev to keep playing the way he did in most of theme games because we seem to win when he's playing at his best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    monkaS Washington is murdering Carolina tonight. And Greeney said that I should be scared of Washington if they face the Islanders.
    For what its worth these playoffs are already the most fucky with underdogs winning a lot in round 1. Caps are previous cup champions though and probably the strongest all around team in the East thats left.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I really don't want to see a game 7 so hoping we play a solid fucking game tonight with no more bullshit Bruins powerplays. Imagine they'll come out swinging in the first ten minutes where we'll have to play defense. Need Zaitsev to keep playing the way he did in most of theme games because we seem to win when he's playing at his best.

- - - Updated - - -

For what its worth these playoffs are already the most fucky with underdogs winning a lot in round 1. Caps are previous cup champions though and probably the strongest all around team in the East thats left.
    As long as the asshattery that was game 2 doesn't happen again, we'll be fine. We've proven even with a lead, Boston isn't safe and can't protect it if we start pressing them.

A Leafs vs Captials ECF would probably be lots of fun.

LOL @ the Leafs tonight. I hate both the Bruins (having lived in Boston for 7 years) and the Leafs (living just 2 hours from Toronto in a different hockey market), but I hate the Leafs just a little bit more. Probably goes all the way back to the '99 ECF, where, even though we beat them in 6, I grew to loathe them.

First time ever I'll be cheering for Boston, coming up in game 7. Just because it'll be so delicious if the Leafs actually choke, again, in the playoffs.

And then I hope people offer sheet Marner, or someone, to make the Leafs pay out their nose to keep their unreasonably low-priced talent in town or break up the old band.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    LOL @ the Leafs tonight. I hate both the Bruins (having lived in Boston for 7 years) and the Leafs (living just 2 hours from Toronto in a different hockey market), but I hate the Leafs just a little bit more. Probably goes all the way back to the '99 ECF, where, even though we beat them in 6, I grew to loathe them.

First time ever I'll be cheering for Boston, coming up in game 7. Just because it'll be so delicious if the Leafs actually choke, again, in the playoffs.

And then I hope people offer sheet Marner, or someone, to make the Leafs pay out their nose to keep their unreasonably low-priced talent in town or break up the old band.
    I don't have anything for the Leafs but they do have exciting attacking players. Can't say I have anything against the Bruins themselves but you can't really like a team that has the rat Marchand, that guy has to be the biggest jerk in the NHL. So I guess I want the Leafs to go through, although it would be a shame for Rask.

The Leafs really got a horrible contract situation, there is no way that they are keeping all the players. Kapanen has had a good season as well so he should also get a decent contract.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    If only we could get rid of the hole in our lineup that is Patrick Marleau. The guy has been invisible for most of the season.

If only we could get rid of the hole in our lineup that is Patrick Marleau. The guy has been invisible for most of the season.
    So much I wish I could change... Marleau playing 10 minutes instead of 20 and not when we are on special teams or in need of that extra goal, Penalty kill that actually clears the puck for a full 2 mins, demanding the refs stop treating Chara like he can do no wrong (has he gone a single fucking shift without cross checking, interference, slashing? Maybe that one time he left his feet to deliver a hit, i get it though, it can be hard to miss Frankenstein's monster leaping), not pulling a goalie without possession in the offensive zone, players playing an entire 60 minutes, you not jinxing us a few hours before game time.

Overall a real disappointing effort at home that we could have closed out if we played like we gave a shit. And not overused marleau/pull goalie in such a horrid situation.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2019-04-22 at 06:03 PM.

Believe me, I hate Brad Marchand with a passion. Kadri invokes nearly the same amount of hatred. It's a wash for me, when it comes to that factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That Vegas game last night was pretty entertaining. I just hope they can win in game 7.

Meanwhile, in Carolina, Caps need to come out fast and strong. The more they hit, they better they seem to play.
    I'm rooting for Evander Kane and the Sharks, just because I like, as a Sabres fan, seeing players we run out of town for "culture" issues and "locker room cancer" issues thrive elsewhere, just to stick it to those culture-is-everything fans. ROR up for the Selke, after we run him out of town, Lehner up for the Vezina, after we ran him out of town. Makes me feel all sorts of self-loathing.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Believe me, I hate Brad Marchand with a passion. Kadri invokes nearly the same amount of hatred. It's a wash for me, when it comes to that factor.
    So you hate a guy because he plays with an edge yet hate a guy who licks people in the fucking ear during a playoff game less? Yeah, your priorities are fucked mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you hate a guy because he plays with an edge yet hate a guy who licks people in the fucking ear during a playoff game less? Yeah, your priorities are fucked mate.
    Didn't you call for blood when somebody made a legal hit on Matthews earlier this season?
    /s

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Didn't you call for blood when somebody made a legal hit on Matthews earlier this season?
    I don't fucking remember, I was probably drunk posting anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Canes are such a different team on their home ice. Caps need better passing if we wanna win this game.
    Yeah, they're a bunch a jerks at home

I'm rooting for Evander Kane and the Sharks, just because I like, as a Sabres fan, seeing players we run out of town for "culture" issues and "locker room cancer" issues thrive elsewhere, just to stick it to those culture-is-everything fans. ROR up for the Selke, after we run him out of town, Lehner up for the Vezina, after we ran him out of town. Makes me feel all sorts of self-loathing.
    What is your opinion on Ristolainen. Here in Finland people are getting tired of his ego and how he is always so tired after the seasons and cant represent Finland at the World Championships. I feel bad for the guy though, if Sabres would make it to the playoffs he wouldn't be able to play since he is always so tired after the regular seasons.