10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So......the season started.

Bedard has 2 pts in 2 games (1G, 1A). Sportsnet literally put up a graphic with Gretzky's goal total and how much Bedard needed to catch up, lol.
    Just wait until he starts dating Taylor Swift.
    /s

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing the Oilers starting the season in absolute shambles gives me great satisfaction. This is what you get when you overpay a bunch of over-performing ex-Leafs who were only good because they were a part of the greater sum that was our team. And that is a team that had forwards who played both ends of the ice and good D-men who weren't just point producers like Ceci and Barrie. I hope they enjoy the mediocrity

I can't believe McDavid's whole career is going to rot away in Edmonton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edmonton just lost to the Sharks... oof.

Feel McDrai will leave Edmonton either by the mid year trade deadline. Or in the Offseason.

Correct the timeline! Trade McD to Buffalo!

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Correct the timeline! Trade McD to Buffalo!
    Makes me wonder where McDavid would want to go if he leaves Edmonton.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he should follow the footsteps of Edmonton's biggest star.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Tsamane View Post
    Makes me wonder where McDavid would want to go if he leaves Edmonton.
    He's only a FA in 3 years. It'd have to be a trade this offseason, and I'm sure he has a full NMC, so yeah, he'd have to approve it, but it's still not the same as him picking where he'd want to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp we will probably lose to the Oilers, so fire sale might not start as soon as people though. Kraken are just getting throttled by the oilers.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The notion that Seattle was going to be another Vegas was pretty quickly put to bed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The notion that Seattle was going to be another Vegas was pretty quickly put to bed.
    Yeah, 2 years ago. I like where they are building and their early draft picks are good. I did expect a better start this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kraken start stringing together a win streak at the same time as the Oilers. Kraken get banged up again and start sucking. Oilers and Kraken face off, was a close game until Gourde makes a bonehead charge and takes them outta the game... and gets suspended 2 games.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on the Fire Keefe train at this point. The Leafs need someone new behind the bench, because there's no reason that a team this stacked with talent is as anemic as they are when it comes to offense and their defensive play this year has not been good. Goaltending has also been lousy as well and for some asinine reason Treliving thought giving Willy 11.5 next year was a contract worth signing. Shoulda waited until JT's contract expires and he has to be dropped down to a lower salary after next season.

Hockey Canada scandal from 2018 finally coming to a head, 5 (as of yet unnamed) players required to turn themselves in to London, Ontario police. Coincides strongly with Carter Hart and Dube's mysterious "leave of absences" in the past week. Fermenton who couldn't find an NHL spot after this scandal broke is suddenly now on leave from his Swiss League team as well, and headed to Canada.

No one knows the other 2 yet (if Hart/Dube are included, they've denied involvement in the past), but I've heard Batherson's name out there.

Ridiculous that it's taken 6 years to investigate a rape charge where the victim identified these men pretty early.

Absolutely bonkers game between Wilds and Canucks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    Absolutely bonkers game between Wilds and Canucks
    Not sure I've seen a game that had three hat-tricks before.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Not sure I've seen a game that had three hat-tricks before.
    I looked it up, last time it happened was in 92, in a game between the Kings and the Sharks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    I looked it up, last time it happened was in 92, in a game between the Kings and the Sharks
    Figures it would be then, such a crazy high scoring season.
    /s

Yeah, that season Pat LaFontaine scored 53-95 for 148 points and Alex Mogilny score 76 goals. Don't know what was up with that season. Is that the year they got rid of the two line pass rule?

- - - Updated - - -

Also we finished 8th in the conference and barely squeezed into the playoffs, lol.