15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    I hear you man. I mean, a Wings example? I still don't think a lot of people understand that Datysuk is probably the best 2-way player of our generation. But, being the quiet guy he is, no one really talks about him and what he does.

Being more of a NBA guy myself, it's sort of like how everyone talks about LeBron, Kobe, KD, Derrick Rose and on and on, but then players like Zach Randolph, despite putting up 20-10 numbers consistently, is virtually unheard of outside of Memphis.

its funny because Datsyuk was just voted the best russian player of the year, and some fans pulled his stats and posted on TSN and were like "WTF hes averaging like 30 goals a season, how is that the best russian player of the year?"

Guess they never watch him play, more to the game than just shooting, what pavel does, with, and without the puck, still leave me wondering "HOW THE HELL DID HE JUST DO THAT?" and ive been watching him since 2002.

---------- Post added 2011-04-18 at 12:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alcan View Post
    ya 31 pst second on the team in scoring diddly squat heh?
    and he got 3 in the Stanley Cup Finals. 3 Points, 7 games. IMPRESSIVE! no not really.

---------- Post added 2011-04-18 at 12:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alcan View Post
    If crosby was a terrible player people wouldnt take about him. People say o enough about crosby already, well he was projected to get 132 pts this year if he didnt get hurt. Hes easily the best player in the NHL. Im not trying to say he is as good as grektzky but back in the 80s everyone outside of edmonton hated the oilers.
    So he can score. Again, i will say it again, there is more to hockey than shooting the puck. do you realize his stick handling sucks? he gets the puck slapped off his stick all the time. do you realize that the only time he spends on the pk is face offs? after he wins the draw he heads for the bench asap. show me Crosby killing penalties on regular basis, show me Crosby playing Defense to the calibar of a player he is made out to be. Pavel Datsyuk is the best 2 Way Player in the league, and i dont hear 1/20th of the stuff about Datsyuk as i do about Crosby even when CROSBY is out of the game, hes INJURED and we still hear more about him than any other player.

Ryan Calahan is a good player, how often do we hear about him?
    Sean Weber is a good player, how often do we hear about him?
    Pekka Rinne is a good player, how often do we hear about him?

There is so many examples of quality players in the league who dont get a FRACTION of the press Coverage Crosby does.
    Last edited by AceofHarts; 2011-04-18 at 12:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Red Wings fans. Just curious if you think your team has played a cheap dirty and under-handed system for years and the linesmen and refs look the other way the majority of the time? Also, did you know that back in the early days of the NHL the owner of the Blackhawks was working for the owner of the Red Wings and for about 10 years made sure that any good draft picks and well developing players would magically be traded to the Wings? This is not a conspiracy btw, it's a fact. Google it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Hey Red Wings fans. Just curious if you think your team has played a cheap dirty and under-handed system for years and the linesmen and refs look the other way the majority of the time? Also, did you know that back in the early days of the NHL the owner of the Blackhawks was working for the owner of the Red Wings and for about 10 years made sure that any good draft picks and well developing players would magically be traded to the Wings? This is not a conspiracy btw, it's a fact. Google it.
    LMAO, given the way games have been called in the past 10 years? not likely.
    Remember last sunday's Game against Chicago where Duncan Keith Stole Rusan Salei's stick without a penalty? Remember a few minutes later when he slammed his stick into Franzen's dome without a penalty? thats normal of late for the Red Wings. of course, of late means the last decade or so.

ROFL Ehrhoff penalty..

was I the only one that saw a dive?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    ROFL Ehrhoff penalty..

was I the only one that saw a dive?
    cant even watch teh game, no stream. =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Ryan Calahan is a good player, how often do we hear about him?
    Sean Weber is a good player, how often do we hear about him?
    Pekka Rinne is a good player, how often do we hear about him?

There is so many examples of quality players in the league who dont get a FRACTION of the press Coverage Crosby does.
    I couldn't agree more on this. There are so many players in the league that are absolutely smart, talented, strong and responsible hockey players. Two of my favorite examples of this are Brent Sopel and John Madden. The greatest hockey player was and still is Bobby Orr.

Btw, who is Sean Weber? :P

---------- Post added 2011-04-17 at 07:26 PM ----------

LMAO, given the way games have been called in the past 10 years? not likely.
    Remember last sunday's Game against Chicago where Duncan Keith Stole Rusan Salei's stick without a penalty? Remember a few minutes later when he slammed his stick into Franzen's dome without a penalty? thats normal of late for the Red Wings. of course, of late means the last decade or so.
    Can't deny the Duncan Keith high sticks. That was outrageous. But surely you can't turn a blind eye to dirty ass cheaters like Todd Bertuzzi on a regular basis?

15+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't agree more on this. There are so many players in the league that are absolutely smart, talented, strong and responsible hockey players. Two of my favorite examples of this are Brent Sopel and John Madden. The greatest hockey player was and still is Bobby Orr.

Btw, who is Sean Weber? :P

---------- Post added 2011-04-17 at 07:26 PM ----------

Can't deny the Duncan Keith high sticks. That was outrageous. But surely you can't turn a blind eye to dirty ass cheaters like Todd Bertuzzi on a regular basis?
    Sorry, got his first name wrong
    Shea Weber is an up and coming Defenseman playing for the Predators, the Red WIngs have been eyeing him of late.

as for Bertuzzi, he made a mistake 7 years ago, he has played FAIRLY clean since than, and anytime he does something that could be even remotely dirty he goes to the box right away, the refs are always watching him. its like Homer standing in front of the net and getting Goalie interference.

Chicago 1-0 Nice. i want that series to be long.

cant even watch teh game, no stream. =(
    Remember Sidney Crosby dive for getting tapped on the skates?

IDENTICAL.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/_/id/2278/shea-weber

---------- Post added 2011-04-18 at 12:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    Remember Sidney Crosby dive for getting tapped on the skates?

IDENTICAL.
    what red wing fan doesnt remember that. biggest dive i ever saw. pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, got his first name wrong
    Shea Weber is an up and coming Defenseman playing for the Predators, the Red WIngs have been eyeing him of late.

as for Bertuzzi, he made a mistake 7 years ago, he has played FAIRLY clean since than, and anytime he does something that could be even remotely dirty he goes to the box right away, the refs are always watching him. its like Homer standing in front of the net and getting Goalie interference.

Chicago 1-0 Nice. i want that series to be long.
    I know who Shea Weber is I was just goofing you on his first name. He is definitely a special player. Nashville is a sleeper imo they might have what it takes to go the distance, you never know (although I hope not).

Yeah that was a sweet goal. 5 on 3 coming up WOOT!!! This shit is far from over. I'd love to see a Hawks-Wings conference final.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know who Shea Weber is I was just goofing you on his first name. He is definitely a special player. Nashville is a sleeper imo they might have what it takes to go the distance, you never know (although I hope not).

Yeah that was a sweet goal. 5 on 3 coming up WOOT!!! This shit is far from over. I'd love to see a Hawks-Wings conference final.
    the lack of travel would be nice. i just hope the refs would call it fair. of late the wings havent seen many fair calls against ANYONE. 2 of the last 3 against chicago were anything but for example.

---------- Post added 2011-04-18 at 12:38 AM ----------

that 5 on 3 didn't look very promising.

10+ Year Old Account
    the lack of travel would be nice. i just hope the refs would call it fair. of late the wings havent seen many fair calls against ANYONE. 2 of the last 3 against chicago were anything but for example.
    Alright, I do agree. I thought we got hella lucky on some should-be penalties. I still feel like Detroit players dirty and gets away with it plenty though. Crosby does dive all the damn time that's for sure. He isn't even good at selling it. I have no idea how the refs buy into that shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nashville 2-1 Series lead on the Ducks, i love it!

---------- Post added 2011-04-18 at 12:40 AM ----------

Alright, I do agree. I thought we got hella lucky on some should-be penalties. I still feel like Detroit players dirty and gets away with it plenty though. Crosby does dive all the damn time that's for sure. He isn't even good at selling it. I have no idea how the refs buy into that shit.
    Bettman gave them a call.

By the way you see about the NHL putting a ban on throwing Octopus on the rink? 500$ Fine and kicked out of the game.
    Thats a tradition older than most FRANCHISES in the league and he basicly said to hell with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bettman is a fucking idiot and is ruining the sport.

Pretty soon we'll be just like the KHL.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bettman is a fucking idiot and is ruining the sport.

Pretty soon we'll be just like the KHL.
    ill say this, i dont like some of the stuff bert does, or salei, i prefer the wings to play a nice clean game, but if you dont have a player willing to get dirty on your roster its going to hurt you in the long run. wtb the days of enforcers like the Valdiator.

---------- Post added 2011-04-18 at 12:46 AM ----------

http://downwithdetroit.spreadshirt.c...tomize/color/1

10+ Year Old Account
    ill say this, i dont like some of the stuff bert does, or salei, i prefer the wings to play a nice clean game, but if you dont have a player willing to get dirty on your roster its going to hurt you in the long run. wtb the days of enforcers like the Valdiator.

---------- Post added 2011-04-18 at 12:46 AM ----------

http://downwithdetroit.spreadshirt.c...tomize/color/1
    Ha. Love it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ha. Love it.
    should add in "Or a Crosby, but that might break his glass head."

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Y'know, thinking back, I kind of don't understand how Pittsburgh managed to get past Washington in '09, with text book plays like this:

But then I remembered, Washington has only learned how to play defensively this season.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Y'know, thinking back, I kind of don't understand how Pittsburgh managed to get past Washington in '09, with text book plays like this:

But then I remembered, Washington has only learned how to play defensively this season.
    reminds me of

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post

i heard Ovie called his old Friend Pavel for Defense lessons.