Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I voted, got some beer, got my Leafs jersey and hat on and ready to rock.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Chicago almost lost to the grand rapids griffins in the preseason, what in hell makes you think they stand a chance against the full arsenal detroit can muster?
    When facing the 'full arsenal' this preseason, chicago went 1-1 with detroit with a win in regulation and an OT (shootout) loss. If you consider the postseason instead, the blackhawks won the cup 2 years ago, and took the eventual western conference winner (Van) to an OT game 7 last year.

In the same time span, the redwings lost to the sharks.

Twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chicago almost lost to the grand rapids griffins in the preseason, what in hell makes you think they stand a chance against the full arsenal detroit can muster?
    Yes, because preseason really matters. Im going to hold this to you, so just wait till regular season, and see how bad Detroit really is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrin View Post
    When facing the 'full arsenal' this preseason, chicago went 1-1 with detroit with a win in regulation and an OT (shootout) loss. If you consider the postseason instead, the blackhawks won the cup 2 years ago, and took the eventual western conference winner (Van) to an OT game 7 last year.

In the same time span, the redwings lost to the sharks.

Twice.
    Detroit never once fielded there full arsenal against Chicago this preseason, hell, the game they won in regulation the biggest name Detroit had on the Ice was Helm and Abdelkader. in the Game Detroit won in a shootout Detroit Fielded Lidstrom, Franzen, and Zetterberg; in addition to abdelkader and Bertuzzi. as for losing to the ASharks twice, i seem to remember that Chicago only got into the 2011 Playoffs because Minnesota did you a favor, as you couldnt beat Detroit, in the final game of the season, at Home, with the refs handing you the game.

---------- Post added 2011-10-06 at 10:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Yes, because preseason really matters. Im going to hold this to you, so just wait till regular season, and see how bad Detroit really is.
    The Preseason matters when your starting lineup almost loses to the Grand Rapids Griffins, an AHL team. to quote Mike Babcock upon seeing the Blackhawks roster for that game "I didn't know the regular season had started."

Detroit has an arsenal?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelyorc View Post
    Detroit has an arsenal?
    Pavel Datsyuk, Dan Cleary, Nicklas Lidstrom, Nicklas Kronwall, Henrik Zetterberg, Johan Franzen...its certaintly not what we had 10 years ago, but i dont think any team can rival what the 2001 Red Wings had.

Detroit never once fielded there full arsenal against Chicago this preseason, hell, the game they won in regulation the biggest name Detroit had on the Ice was Helm and Abdelkader. in the Game Detroit won in a shootout Detroit Fielded Lidstrom, Franzen, and Zetterberg; in addition to abdelkader and Bertuzzi. as for losing to the ASharks twice, i seem to remember that Chicago only got into the 2011 Playoffs because Minnesota did you a favor, as you couldnt beat Detroit, in the final game of the season, at Home, with the refs handing you the game.

The Preseason matters when your starting lineup almost loses to the Grand Rapids Griffins, an AHL team. to quote Mike Babcock upon seeing the Blackhawks roster for that game "I didn't know the regular season had started."
    You truly are the most annoying Detroit fan i have ever had the displeasure to have any contact with in my entire life.
    First, Detroit is not some godlike figure you paint it out to be, they do good every season, like the other teams that make it too the playoffs, stop over exaggerating.
    Second, The same thing can be said about them not using their, as you call it "Full arsenal" against Grand Rapids.
    Third, Way to bias your opinion to a rediculous proportion, refs handing Chicago in the final game of the season? Really? Ill just take it from this point you have no idea what you are talking about. Detroit is good, but they have a bad name from idiot fans like yourself, who could use a little less bashing and arrogance in their personalities. Just because you dont like a team doesnt mean you have to bash them with a biased opinion.
    If it matters, im a blues fan.
    P.S 10 > 3.
    Last edited by Greeneye7; 2011-10-06 at 10:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

First, there's a thing called the Salary Cap, last season the hawks had to dump a lot of quality players, and then they couldn't even pick anyone up after that, they spent a lot of the season mix and matching. The best thing that happened for the hawks was picking up Frolik and Crawford stepping up his game in the Playoffs, there really wasn't anything they could do. Now the Hawks have some breathing room from dumping Brian Campbells contract off in Florida.

Second, i don't think you can say the Hawks almost lost that preseason game, unless you think getting a heaping 3 shots on goal in the third period is going to get you into an OT or even a win...

Like I said, I'm holding it to you, so wait until regular season, and you can see how bad Detroit really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnndddddd HERE WE GO!

(go bruins)
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I'm so stoked for tonight.

I really hope they don't bust in with stupid election coverage on CBC tonight. What idiot planned to hold an election on opening night of Hockey? fools..
    What do you expect, with Dalton McGuinty? He's not actually a human being, you know, let alone a Canadian.

also:

GO LEAFS GO!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Division Winners:
    Atlantic: Pittsburgh Penguins
    Northeast: Buffalo Sabres
    Southeast: Tampa Bay Lightning
    Central: Chicago Blackhawks
    Northwest: Vancouver Canucks (obvi look how bad the division is lol)
    Pacific: San Jose Sharks

Team Awards:
    Wales (most points in East): Buffalo Sabres
    Campbell (most points in West): San Jose Sharks
    Presidents (most points): San Jose Sharks
    Stanley Cup: Chicago Blackhawks VS Buffalo Sabres
    That hurts.. viva la Avs! :P

I don't know what Greeneye7 is talking about. Marcelos11 hasn't said anything that is false.
    I think your bias toward Red Wings barrackers has spilled over. Since when was this forum about character bashing anyway...

I was gonna say something different originally. This is one of the best forums for NHL talk. Being an Aussie not many people over here have much knowhow of the NHL let alone the teams and players, it's a good diversity of followers here too. Probably the best place to get interesting hockey news also, you guys are so cluey

15+ Year Old Account
    1st period over. Sloppy by the Leafs. Hope they smooth it out in the 2nd.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    If the Bruins at near championship roster end up losing to the near completely rebuilt Flyers tonight... I will laugh so hard.

Also, holy turnovers Toronto.

---------- Post added 2011-10-06 at 08:59 PM ----------

Oh boy, now for the Don.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Marshy scores! Seguin with the assist...glad I picked him up on my fantasy team.

Speaking of fantasy hockey, Here is my roster:

Forwards
    Jonathan Toews
    Brad Richards
    Jeff Carter
    Nathan Horton
    Taylor Hall
    Matt Duchene
    Shane Doane
    Tyler Seguin
    Evander Kane

Defense
    Shea Weber
    Drew Doughty
    Mike Green
    Dennis Seidenberg
    Alex Pietrangelo

Goalies
    Pekka Rinne
    Ryan Miller

Bench:
    Ville Leino
    Brooks Laich
    Michael Frolik
    David Booth
    Mark Scheifele
    Mathieu Garon

So what do you guys think? I think I'm stacked haha.
    Last edited by ketzil; 2011-10-07 at 12:09 AM.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fuzzie, are we gonna do the IRC thing again to keep this thread for exploding? lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Fuzzie, are we gonna do the IRC thing again to keep this thread for exploding? lol
    We could, although I'm watching games on my big screen now and its not close to the computer. I could always put IRC on my laptop. I'll see if Conscript wants to do it too. We could always just open a channel if you guys like. What was it? #mmoc-hockey ??

15+ Year Old Account
    Welcome back to the NHL Jagr.

I'm all for IRC Fuzz. Currently in the #mmoc-hockey channel in fact

OMG time to bench Thomas! rabble rabble rabble.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-10-07 at 12:12 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    If the Bruins at near championship roster end up losing to the near completely rebuilt Flyers tonight... I will laugh so hard.

Also, holy turnovers Toronto.

---------- Post added 2011-10-06 at 08:59 PM ----------

Oh boy, now for the Don.
    The sad thing is that he was once again right, if players could actually play physically without getting punished for it, the Leafs vs Habs game wouldn't be a boring piece of crap that it has been, because Montreal would be getting crushed physically.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    We could, although I'm watching games on my big screen now and its not close to the computer. I could always put IRC on my laptop. I'll see if Conscript wants to do it too. We could always just open a channel if you guys like. What was it? #mmoc-hockey ??
    I'm on my laptop right now myself... that's clearly their purpose. IRC while watching hockey!

Thats the downside of the whole thing, clean up the game, but then you get too much clean. Oh and, FUCK YEA, LEAFS SCORED!