10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    No argument there. My main issue is saying that anyone who doesn't win is on the same level as everyone else who didn't. That's just not true. There are varying degrees of failure, and I'm sure no one would pick Jeff Petry over Daniel Sedin in their fantasy draft because neither of them won the Cup last year so they're on the same level.

If I can play apples and oranges for a second, is 9 greater than 1? Nope, because neither of them are 10. I'm well aware that's a flawed analogy and the argument is flimsy at best, but you get the general point I'm trying to put across. One team can be greater than the other, despite not being the best. Hence why there's a ranking system, and not just first place for one team and last place for the rest of the league. That's the only issue I had.

Plus, it's just fun to mock the Leafs. As a Canadian, I'd be ecstatic for them or any other Canadian team to win the Cup for once. But conversely, as a Canadian, I'm also pleased as punch to make fun of the Make Me Weeps.

as i am the canucks, habs, sens.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Pretty sure that was in 1967, which is also the last time they made it to the finals. My point stands. At least Vancouver can make it to the show when the game's actually relevant.
    How about no? The Leafs have made it to the post season as many times, if not more, then the Canucks since their conception in 1970. And no, when you drop a 3 game series lead and lose on home ice in a game 7 in an embarrassing manner, I fail to see how they deem games as relevant with their shoddy and inconsistent play.

---------- Post added 2011-10-17 at 04:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kynn View Post
    Everyone in Canada outside of Toronto/Ontario makes fun of the Leafs.

Canucks going back to the Finals this season and they will get the job done this time.
    Yeah, that's why Toronto is one of the most internationally recognized and supported NHL teams in the world with fans all across the globe. If you ever visited any of their fan sites, you might actually know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    they had same exact stats last year after this many games....sooo
    Both of their wins have been close games (3-2 against Columbus, 4-3 against Edmonton), and Luongo is playing like shit.
    There's more to it than the win/loss record 5 games in; they were playing a much tighter game last year; now they look loose and undisciplined - like they did against Boston in the playoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    How about no? The Leafs have made it to the post season as many times, if not more, then the Canucks since their conception in 1970. And no, when you drop a 3 game series lead and lose on home ice in a game 7 in an embarrassing manner, I fail to see how they deem games as relevant with their shoddy and inconsistent play..
    The Leafs have made it more times than the Canucks, since their conception.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Good game vs the hawks this weekend for my bruins. We played a bit sloppy, but pulled it together in the end. <3 seguin

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukkatime View Post
    For shits and giggles, top 5 hated teams:

1. Philadelphia Flyers
    2. Pittsburgh Penguins
    3. Montreal Canadiens
    4. San Jose Sharks
    5. And I guess Vancouver Canucks. Really didn't care either way about them until last seasons playoffs.
    Now that the sudden leafs arguement is over...

Asera's poop list:

Boston Bruins
    Pittsburgh Penguins
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    Philadelphia Flyers
    New York Rangers
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheddabezze View Post
    Good game vs the hawks this weekend for my bruins. We played a bit sloppy, but pulled it together in the end. <3 seguin
    You guys deserved that win, i dont know what happened 10 minutes into the 2nd period.. but Boston controlled the game from there on.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 Hated List

1. Boston Bruins (I actually kind of liked them before the playoff series. The only Canucks season game I went to last year was against Boston)
    2. Chicago Blackhawks (I don't need to explain this one, do I?)
    3. Carolina Hurricanes (I liked Hartford)
    4. Colorado Avalanche (Just leftover hate from when we used to fight them for playoff spots)
    5. Minnesota Wild (See above)

10+ Year Old Account
    My top list:

1. Chicago Blackhawks
    2. Tampa Bay Lightning
    3. Buffalo Sabres
    4. Montreal Canadians
    5. Boston Bruins

My naughty list:

1. Vancouver Canucks
    2. Washington Capitals
    3. Pittsburgh Penguins
    4. Anaheim Ducks
    5. San Jose Sharks

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving all the h8ters

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving all the h8ters
    are you kidding? after the way you guys played last week, id sign up to play you guys 3 more times this season =D. oh wiat, we already do!

they had same exact stats last year after this many games....sooo
    Exactly, no Ryan Kesler, Luongo a notorious slow starter, and the fact that the regulars were resting the entire preseason minus the last game. No one is surprised by this slow start.

Leafs fans think Canucks can't make the playoffs, hilarious. Can't wait till whatever 7-10 game losing streak brings you guys back down to earth again. 3-0 is not a big deal.

---------- Post added 2011-10-17 at 05:18 PM ----------

Yeah, that's why Toronto is one of the most internationally recognized and supported NHL teams in the world with fans all across the globe. If you ever visited any of their fan sites, you might actually know that.
    Yea, casual fans 'might' like the Leafs but ask any hardcore Canucks, Oilers, Flames, Senators, Habs fans. They make fun of the Leafs at any opportunity they can get. Try going to some actual Canadian hockey forums, say HFboards for starters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, casual fans 'might' like the Leafs but ask any hardcore Canucks, Oilers, Flames, Senators, Habs fans. They make fun of the Leafs at any opportunity they can get. Try going to some actual Canadian hockey forums, say HFboards for starters.
    They're just mad that they live in Leafs Nation!

---------- Post added 2011-10-17 at 05:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Now that the sudden leafs arguement is over...

Asera's poop list:

Boston Bruins
    Pittsburgh Penguins
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    Philadelphia Flyers
    New York Rangers
    Weren't you like, all up Montreal's ass last year? Now you're a Caps fan?

There's nothing worse than a bandwagon hopper!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly, no Ryan Kesler, Luongo a notorious slow starter, and the fact that the regulars were resting the entire preseason minus the last game. No one is surprised by this slow start.

Leafs fans think Canucks can't make the playoffs, hilarious. Can't wait till whatever 7-10 game losing streak brings you guys back down to earth again. 3-0 is not a big deal.

---------- Post added 2011-10-17 at 05:18 PM ----------

Anyone who is an expansion team fan isn't a real hockey fan. HFboards are full of trolls and idiots who don't know shit about anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    good game between Toronto and Colorado

Col wins it 3-2 in OT
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2011-10-18 at 01:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was a fast games. Stoked as my boys are taking some good form into through the start of the season.
    David Jones is becoming a real gun on the ice this season.
    Thing is now we play at home, our record at home sucked all kinds of balls last season. I don't know why we just can't hold it together at the Pepsi center.

15+ Year Old Account
    congrats to winnipeg on there first win of the season, tonight they beat the Pittsburgh Penguins 2-1.

---------- Post added 2011-10-18 at 07:05 AM ----------

great qoute about Pavel Datsyuk "Pavel Datsyuk is the greatest purveyor of Christianity in Hockey, Everytime he touches the puck, thousands of fans at the rink and at home stand up and yell the likes of "JESUS CHRIST" and "OH Lordy, Here we go again".

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who is an expansion team fan isn't a real hockey fan.
    To actually say that anyone who is a fan of the 24 expansion teams isn't a real hockey fan, is just being a prat.
    Canucks are the better team on paper, and will probably finish in a much better position than the Leafs. We're 5 games in, think.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    So apparently we should be hearing more from potential owners of the Yotes in the coming days according to Bob McKenzie. Two groups are interested in buying the team and keeping it in Phoenix (well, Glendale). One group is again headed by Jerry Reisdorph. I think this will be his 8th attempt at buying the Yotes before falling out again. The other group is headed by the former President of the Sharks. Can't wait to find out which group the NHL endorses and how much of a debacle this once again becomes. Basically the NHL and Glendale are both done with it after this season. If neither of these groups becomes the owner the Yotes will likely hit the open market and be relocated as early as next season. Glendale can't afford to keep covering $25 million in losses every season (which still is only about 60% of their expected losses) and the NHL board of governors is done with covering the rest of that failing franchise. Wouldn't is just be hilarious if after all the relocation talk it ends up being totally pointless if the Yotes move somewhere East of the Mississippi and the NHL moves them to the East? I'd laugh. I'd die a little inside, but I'd laugh. What sort of animals do they have in Hamilton? Already a Bears team with the Bruins. The Hamilton Beavers?

I think my top 4 Hamilton team nicknames would be the:
    Hamilton Otters
    Hamilton Arctic Foxes (not geographically accurate, but if Michigan can have the the Wolverins when like 2 have been seen in 70 years why not)
    Hamilton Lynxes
    Hamilton Steelers

The Otters would be an amazing team name.

Speaking of failing southern franchises, the Stars "sat" 8,000 people at their home game on Saturday to drop their home attendance percentage to 51.1%. Yes the game was on at the same time as the Rangers, but still 8,000 people is just plain awful. Next home game is the 27th which is potentially the same night as Game 7 of the Series. Wonder what the "attendance" would be during that game, 700?

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Weren't you like, all up Montreal's ass last year? Now you're a Caps fan?

There's nothing worse than a bandwagon hopper!
    I've always been a Capitals fan, as much as I am a Habs fan. I was really enthusiastic about Carey Price last year after seeing them play the Lightning in Tampa is all. :P

Plus it's nice being one of a handful of Capitals people in Halifax.
    red panda red panda red panda!