15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    The Sabres should be embarrassed after that game tonight. No one went after Lucic or ran Thomas? Way to show support for your goalie.
    Ya someone should have done more, but outside of their one semi-physical guy on the ice that Horton tied up immediately, the other 4 guys had fewer combined penalty minutes last year than Lucic by himself had. Those sort of guys usually don't get into that stuff. Someone still should have thrown a punch at him after that though even if they are a soft Euro player. You don't let a guy do that to your goalie and not give him a shot or a stick to the back.

Doesn't change the fact though that retaliation shouldn't be necessary because a player shouldn't be making a moronic play like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    They sure do, speically after losing 3 games in a row, really disapointing. We can't really afford losing till Edmonton, specially when it's that close. They should be able to pull it off however.
    Well the last 2 games i think coach q finally got a clue when he moved brunette down and put stalberg with sharp n toews, If bolland comes back tnight line 3 will gain some life. it should be a good game to watch..

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Ya someone should have done more, but outside of their one semi-physical guy on the ice that Horton tied up immediately, the other 4 guys had fewer combined penalty minutes last year than Lucic by himself had. Those sort of guys usually don't get into that stuff. Someone still should have thrown a punch at him after that though even if they are a soft Euro player. You don't let a guy do that to your goalie and not give him a shot or a stick to the back.

Doesn't change the fact though that retaliation shouldn't be necessary because a player shouldn't be making a moronic play like that.
    It doesn't matter at that point how many minutes you had. You go after a guy when he goes after your teams best player who is your #1 goalie. Even if you get your ass handed to you; you stood up for your teammate which will show them you've got their back.
    Last edited by Hedleyazg; 2011-11-13 at 08:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry all, been a while since i posted, i've been having my own fair share of real life issues.
    How about those streaky Red Wings huh?
    LETS WIN 5! OK LETS LOSE 6! OK LETS WIN 4!

It doesn't matter at that point how many minutes you had. You go after a guy when he goes after your teams best player who is your #1 goalie. Even if you get your ass handed to you; you stood up for your teammate which will show them you've got their back.
    ^^ This a million times. Doesn't matter how big you are, when your goalie get's ran as blatantly as that, you jump the guy. Regardless size or you take a beating, you stand and fight, period. This isn't fucking soccer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lucic has a hearing today at 1 EST. Can't wait to see the outcome of that. I'd hate to lose him from my fantasy team, considering I already lost Miller because of him, but the NHL needs to take a stand against that sort of action if they are going to be so rigid on other issues.

---------- Post added 2011-11-14 at 12:22 PM ----------

Wow totally missed this last week, the Stars last home game against the Avs on the 4th pushed their average home attendance back over 10,000 to 10,001! Good for you Dallas. Near the top of the league in the West and you still can only fill 54% of your seats each game (assuming every season ticket owner shows up every game and every purchased seat on eBay and StubHub sells and the buyer goes).

Finally saw the hit. It was bad, and really sucks Miller has a concussion now, but in my opinion no way intentional. Lucic was in full stride on a break away and wasn't too far from the puck when Miller came way out of the net to play it. I really don't think he had much time to move or react. One way or another, Miller was getting hit. So all he really could do was brace for the hit. But it was in no way intentionally taking a run at Miller.

Hoping Ryan Miller gets back to playing soon, I've always liked him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hawks are back on track! What a great 1 periode. 18 out of 20 points in the Madhouse, let's go blackhawks! Beating Oliers was a really test imo, to see what they're capble of, after losing 3 games in a row.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukkatime View Post
    Finally saw the hit. It was bad, and really sucks Miller has a concussion now, but in my opinion no way intentional. Lucic was in full stride on a break away and wasn't too far from the puck when Miller came way out of the net to play it. I really don't think he had much time to move or react. One way or another, Miller was getting hit. So all he really could do was brace for the hit. But it was in no way intentionally taking a run at Miller.

Hoping Ryan Miller gets back to playing soon, I've always liked him.
    He had tons of time to hold up or veer off. He wasn't going to get that puck. He obviously knew where the goalie was the entire time as there was no defense to worry about in that situation. All he has to think about is where is the puck and where is the goalie. He wasn't even close on winning the race for that loose puck. He should have seen that by the time he hit the blue line. I have no problem with him going hard and chasing for the puck, but he never went for the puck on that play. He went straight at Miller with the intention of delivering a check. If there was any chance of him getting the puck, Miller wouldn't have already controlled it and moved it to the boards before Lucic even reached him. This wasn't a case of the goalie going out and being honestly in a race for a puck resulting in a collision. It wasn't a bang bang play where both guys get there at the same time. Miller clearly won the race, moved the puck, and then was hit. If Lucic plays the puck in that situation he would have had a chance of getting it off the boards, but instead he barreled right into Miller intentionally.

Unless of course Lucic was so incredibly focused on the puck he didn't know his position on the ice, which I suppose is possible if he is a moron or is blind.

He had tons of time to hold up or veer off. He wasn't going to get that puck. He obviously knew where the goalie was the entire time as there was no defense to worry about in that situation. All he has to think about is where is the puck and where is the goalie. He wasn't even close on winning the race for that loose puck. He should have seen that by the time he hit the blue line. I have no problem with him going hard and chasing for the puck, but he never went for the puck on that play. He went straight at Miller with the intention of delivering a check. If there was any chance of him getting the puck, Miller wouldn't have already controlled it and moved it to the boards before Lucic even reached him. This wasn't a case of the goalie going out and being honestly in a race for a puck resulting in a collision. It wasn't a bang bang play where both guys get there at the same time. Miller clearly won the race, moved the puck, and then was hit. If Lucic plays the puck in that situation he would have had a chance of getting it off the boards, but instead he barreled right into Miller intentionally.

Unless of course Lucic was so incredibly focused on the puck he didn't know his position on the ice, which I suppose is possible if he is a moron or is blind.
    Oh man, for having Lucic on your fantasy team, you sure do have a lot of bit up aggression towards him...

lol saw this on the Canucks website

I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheddabezze View Post
    Oh man, for having Lucic on your fantasy team, you sure do have a lot of bit up aggression towards him...
    Nah, I love Lucic. The guy is one of the few tough guys left in the NHL that can actually get it done on the scoreboard. He can kick your ass and then beat your team rather than being a typical goon that comes off the bench, gets in a fight, then sits for the rest of the night. Lucic rules for being able to do that. He is Darren McCarty of the modern NHL. If Claude Lemieux was in the NHL being a douche to the Bruins, Lucic is the guy you could count on to bash his face into the ice repeatedly and then wrap it up by scoring a beautiful goal to secure the Cup.

The NHL deemed that it wasn't intentional and didn't deserve a suspension, so I guess I was wrong about what I thought was him taking an opportunity to try and take a guy out. Good for the Bruins as they need him to keep being productive and on the ice for them to continue to claw their way back to their inevitable playoff spot.

Nah, I love Lucic. The guy is one of the few tough guys left in the NHL that can actually get it done on the scoreboard. He can kick your ass and then beat your team rather than being a typical goon that comes off the bench, gets in a fight, then sits for the rest of the night. Lucic rules for being able to do that. He is Darren McCarty of the modern NHL. If Claude Lemieux was in the NHL being a douche to the Bruins, Lucic is the guy you could count on to bash his face into the ice repeatedly and then wrap it up by scoring a beautiful goal to secure the Cup.

The NHL deemed that it wasn't intentional and didn't deserve a suspension, so I guess I was wrong about what I thought was him taking an opportunity to try and take a guy out. Good for the Bruins as they need him to keep being productive and on the ice for them to continue to claw their way back to their inevitable playoff spot.
    The million dollar question is would Lucic sucker punch Lemieux with a glove on like McCarty did and make him "turtle" like all the Red Wings fan boys claim he did?

15+ Year Old Account

If Claude Lemiuex was still playing, i want to know what team picked him up, and i'd bring McCarty back just to kick his ass. Pay McCarty to play against whatever team Lemiuex is on only.

Dallas vs Florida....Avs vs Pens....Bruins vs NJ... Islanders vs Rangers.... Big hockey night tonight. Is it 7 o'clock yet?

15+ Year Old Account
    The million dollar question is would Lucic sucker punch Lemieux with a glove on like McCarty did and make him "turtle" like all the Red Wings fan boys claim he did?
    Well, yes, McCarty did cheap shot him lol. But damn it he nearly took Drapers head off by intentionally running him into the bench stanchion (and we didn't even start a police investigation like some other people I could name for a similar but far less egregious event).

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, yes, McCarty did cheap shot him lol. But damn it he nearly took Drapers head off by intentionally running him into the bench stanchion (and we didn't even start a police investigation like some other people I could name for a similar but far less egregious event).
    and lets face it, no one likes Lemieux anyways, and he had it coming.

15+ Year Old Account
    My poor Leafs. So many good chances in the 1st and 2nd. Can't put anything in the net tonight (or lately).

10+ Year Old Account
    God dammit Colorado.... God... dammit....

We were up, and flying. Then 2 unlucky goals later (A toe tip from a defender over Varly, like seriously) demoralised the entire team and we just kept getting beaten like a sadomasochistic dog going back for yet another shoe to chew on.

My day was brightened however as Detroit lost. Sorry, but it just makes me happy.

Tonight makes 6 in a row for the Bruins. They're no longer at the bottom of the East and now have a playoff spot, though it's a bit early for that.

I think it's safe to say the hangover is gone.