10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    My Logic...
    1. It's not fair to whichever team picks him
    2. He is in the middle of a suspension
    3. He won't be playing his best
    4. He knows Kessel would be taking a picture of him alone this year
    5. It is in Ottawa

In other news, I hope they bring Colton Orr back up soon. This is getting ridiculous.
    The refs stuffing their whistles against the Isles is what is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    wooo 3-2 leafs, grabs with the fluke goal, lol
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2012-01-25 at 02:23 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Goes well with the SportsNet Horrible Goals reel they had earlier on in the evening, GG Montoya, not as bad as Toskala's 197 foot goal let in mind you.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

10+ Year Old Account
    bah 3-3 now

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    God damn fucking gate fucked us over. At least we got a point out of it so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    im calling kuli for leafs, and grabner for the home team with more leaf fans

leafs win in ot
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2012-01-25 at 02:31 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice game for Grabo with 4pts. That goal was a small miracle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trade deadline please come faster, Hawks are using 5 Rookies right now, about 2 have potential. Need Sharp n Toews back for Vancouver next tuesday. O'donnell you are so bad, retire please your no Lidstrom..

i must say Garbles, i used to think that the worst fans in hockey were the Blackhawks fans (for level of ignorance, spite, and general lack of hockey knowledge) but boy did the St Louis Blues fans prove me wrong last night, they have without a doubt, the worst fans for lack of hockey knowledge. "Hey man, why isn't Stuart going to fight Stewart? if you're going to throw an illegal hit, you better be ready to fight and back it up!"
    "What do you mean putting someone in a head lock is a penalty?"
    it was that and oh so much more all night long.[/QUOTE]

Where were you? Must have been fair weather band wagoners, because the fans here actually in St. Louis know the sport pretty well.

[QUOTE=Garbles;15204395]Vancouver fans weren't even put up for consideration? ="( But i know what you mean about St. Louis, last time we played them it was awful. I think i spilled all my hate on here somewhere about how bias that game was.

Our fans(St. Louis Blues) get upset because every time we show down against Central Division rivals, either 1 of 2 things happen. 1: Bad penalties against the Blues, i.e. called by the back ref. 2: No calls against the opposing team. This season at home, the referees have been brutal towards us and have called every minor hook, slash, or smirk(Just kidding, but seriously) against us. The opponent however gets away with murder and it causes restlessness and anger. Just tonight Malkin drew a penalty by diving(Penalty for hooking on us, not diving), it was clear as day but we went on the penalty. Later on Cook pushed Jackman while he was "vulnerable" (facing the boards) and his face went into the railing. This penalty was in the final minutes and Jackman was seriously shook up on the play. Cooke, being the notable offender as he is, gets off with just a minor and we're forced to play without our big defense men.

Summarized: There needs to be an overhaul to the referee system to the NHL. There have been too many bad calls or missed calls, by the back ref especially while the front ref let's them play. I think Shannahan has pressured them because he cracking down on every hit in the game. Now some are legitimate suspensions but others are just lackluster. Just my thoughts.

---------- Post added 2012-01-24 at 10:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Oh ok. Feb 19th. See you there.
    Ahh that's too bad, going to the game in STL on the 2nd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Trade deadline please come faster, Hawks are using 5 Rookies right now, about 2 have potential. Need Sharp n Toews back for Vancouver next tuesday. O'donnell you are so bad, retire please your no Lidstrom..
    Keith is an offensive defenseman with no real defensive talent
    Kane is an offensive offenseman with no defensive talent at all

get those guys to do better in there own zone and it might help you.

---------- Post added 2012-01-25 at 04:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bluesfan18 View Post

Where were you? Must have been fair weather band wagoners, because the fans here actually in St. Louis know the sport pretty well.
    Go Here and just scroll through the posts.

Go Here and just scroll through the posts.[/QUOTE]

There's your problem. ESPN. Hockey on ESPN is for non-knowledgeable, fair-weather fans who think that Sydney Crosby is the best player in the NHL right now and that the Penguins are the best team in the league. All I saw basically was Wings fans being ecstatic that they are pushing the record and they did it against the Blues. It's what frustration does to people, it brings the worst out of them. When we go and play in Detroit, it's assumed that it's going to be a loss, we've never really played good hockey there and their fans are the best in hockey(Yes I said it and I'm not a Wings fan).

Bottom line, if you want to talk hockey on the forums, don't go to ESPN, because all that is there are 25 second highlights of the Penguins and Capitals. Try NBC Sports Network of Fox Sports, or even NHL Network(Great channel but expensive), if you want a quality hockey channel that actually shows more than the final score.
    Last edited by bluesfan18; 2012-01-25 at 05:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading that thread was a clusterfuck of hate and stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Keith is an offensive defenseman with no real defensive talent
    Kane is an offensive offenseman with no defensive talent at all

its kinda like Ian White, he isn't really a good d-man, just benefits from an exp hockey team

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    its kinda like Ian White, he isn't really a good d-man, just benefits from an exp hockey team
    i disagree, Ian White has been great defensively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Reading that thread was a clusterfuck of hate and stupidity.
    I couldn't word it any better myself.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Garbles, you could always take Mike Komisarek off our hands for someone in your top 6

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I'm just gonna step up for Chedda and say tough loss for the B's last night.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The refs stuffing their whistles against the Isles is what is ridiculous.
    Nah, I love games where nothing is called on either team much more than games where everything is called. Orr just needs to be brought back up to deal with players like Hamonic (because Rosehill really doesn't make a difference when he gets brought up).

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck is wrong with the Hawks atm.. I mean yea sure Sharp and Toews are out, but still... It's like the Bears hthis season, Cutler and Forte out=Bears out... Oh boy do I hope for a win against Vancouver... we really need it, also to get some better mental strength, but really I just hope they make the playoff and not throw it away like the Bears did in the end of the season. (I know blame Mike Martz and GM, but still the Bears should have made playoff imo)
    Go Hawks, bring the cup back home to Chicago

15+ Year Old Account

How about this "hit" by Matt Cooke. Love the announcers going on about it being a dirty hit and caused by Cooke extending his arms and corkscrewing Jackman. Funny how Cooke didn't extend his arms AT ALL. So unless Cooke is the world's strongest man and can fling another player into the boards, something doesn't add up at all on that. It certainly looks like Jackman dove into the boards unless Cooke picked him up and drove him into them. I hate Matt Cooke, but that is not a boarding call as he didn't do anything at all on that play except be behind Jackman. That is about as much a boarding as Zetterberg's was the other day. Jackman hit the boards so hard he missed exactly zero shifts.

---------- Post added 2012-01-25 at 09:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with the Hawks atm.. I mean yea sure Sharp and Toews are out, but still... It's like the Bears hthis season, Cutler and Forte out=Bears out... Oh boy do I hope for a win against Vancouver... we really need it, also to get some better mental strength, but really I just hope they make the playoff and not throw it away like the Bears did in the end of the season. (I know blame Mike Martz and GM, but still the Bears should have made playoff imo)
    Go Hawks, bring the cup back home to Chicago
    Its pretty simple really, the Hawks defense is abysmal. They need to out score teams to beat them. Without Towes, they have about two guys on the entire team that are functional in the defensive end. Without him on the ice it gets much harder to be able to stop teams from scoring and when you play a defensively stout team like the Preds, Wings, Blues, etc. you are going to lose since the Hawks have no hope of stopping them in the defensive end. At least they get a playoff spot for sure since the 7-15 spots in the West are pretty terrible.

Here is a great comparison for the Hawks terrible defense. They have given up the same goals against as the Ducks at 144. Thanks to their offense though they have 21 more points than Anaheim. When they play a defensively stout team they are essentially Anaheim defensively, a non-playoff, incredibly mediocre team. When they play a defensively mediocre or terrible team, they are unstoppable in one end and it doesn't matter how bad they are in their own zone.