Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're right, Burrows can fight him anytime he wants. Unfortunately, he'd get his face caved in if he did. Love the fairweather fans that come out during the playoffs, great to see.

5 penalty's for the Kings totaling 10 minutes. 7 penalty's for Vancouver totaling 17 minutes and 2 of them were over the glass delay of game calls plus the big elbow by Bitz. Jim Huston + Vancouver fans can cry all they want but the matter of the fact is they can't hide behind the penalty excuse. Without the retarded Bitz hit / penalty they were only shorthanded for 12 minutes of the game. It was lost because they got outplayed by the other team. Luongo played great, had 3 really solid saves in the first 2 minutes of the game. Both of the Canucks goals were VERY lucky to go in. The first was solely because Kesler was dicking around on top of Quick and the second was a really awkward bounce off Brown's stick. I think L.A. isn't an 8th place team, more like 5th or 6th but for some reason didn't get performances out of certain people during the regular season. Still have the Canuck's winning the series but not if they don't start manning up instead of going back to their usual pussy-footed play.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2012-04-12 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    The TSN panelists are saying Weber shouldn't be suspended since Zetterberg wasn't injured. Crazy bastards.
    My guess is he gets a hefty fine and told not to even think of screwing up again at most he gets one game.

I'll let the NHL worry about it, their opinion is the only one thats gonna matter anyways.

On a side note the reason there was so many penalties in the game? Betteman was in the house lol

10+ Year Old Account
    What a great game, really good comeback from Flyvers.
    I did not see Nucks losing to the "Kings", thought they would win on home ice but that's hockey, you can't predict anything.
    Toews perhaps back tonight I sure as hell hope he is.
    Last edited by Rivenda; 2012-04-12 at 10:48 AM.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    What a great game, really good comeback from Flyvers.
    I did not see Nucks losing to the "Kings", but that's hockey, you can't predict anything.
    Toews perhaps back tonight I sure as hell hope he is.
    Indeed, was probably the most enjoyable game of the season/post-season combined so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    My guess is he gets a hefty fine and told not to even think of screwing up again at most he gets one game.

I'll let the NHL worry about it, their opinion is the only one thats gonna matter anyways.

On a side note the reason there was so many penalties in the game? Betteman was in the house lol
    Based on the trend this season, because he's already been fined he'll end up suspended. But in the end, only Shannahans magical chicken bones will know the outcome.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe that on night one of the playoffs, after going all year the the NHL hammering on head shots, there are two absolutely inexcusable intentional head shots from Webers and Bitz. And neither on involved the Flyers or the Penguins. WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Ostrichsized View Post
    Based on the trend this season, because he's already been fined he'll end up suspended. But in the end, only Shannahans magical chicken bones will know the outcome.
    Well he may, but that was really early in the season and he hasn't had any issues until this one. He claims that Zetterburg hit him from behind so he retaliated. He did hit him from behind, but Weber was along the glass so it wasn't like he boarded him or anything. Also wondering if anything gets said about Bertuzzi slinging a haymaker out of no where on Gaustad after the game was over. I need to look up the video and see what happened on that one.( can't seem to find it anywhere, just people talking about it in places)

The guys were fairly civil during the game, its one reason I'm surprised by the stuff that happened after from both sides. We usually play each other rough but neither team is known for gooning it up. Toots does get under peoples skin some, and has been known to take some dives, but heck, he was a scratch lol.

Oh well, I'm guessing we know by this afternoon. Probably doesn't help Webers cause either that Betteman was there to witness it.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2012-04-12 at 12:02 PM.

Word on the street is that the only hearing is gonna be for Bitz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well he may, but that was really early in the season and he hasn't had any issues until this one.
    If you were fined or suspended ever, then Shanny will bring it up. He gave a suspension to some Wild player and used the previous suspension, from 2007, as justification for it.

This was a garbage play, by a player I had a lot of respect for, and him attempting to justify it by calling it "playoff hockey" is fucking pathetic.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well he may, but that was really early in the season and he hasn't had any issues until this one. He claims that Zetterburg hit him from behind so he retaliated. He did hit him from behind, but Weber was along the glass so it wasn't like he boarded him or anything. Also wondering if anything gets said about Bertuzzi slinging a haymaker out of no where on Gaustad after the game was over. I need to look up the video and see what happened on that one.( can't seem to find it anywhere, just people talking about it in places)

The guys were fairly civil during the game, its one reason I'm surprised by the stuff that happened after from both sides. We usually play each other rough but neither team is known for gooning it up. Toots does get under peoples skin some, and has been known to take some dives, but heck, he was a scratch lol.

Oh well, I'm guessing we know by this afternoon. Probably doesn't help Webers cause either that Betteman was there to witness it.
    Had it been one move of retaliation then being retaliation might be an excuse. Problem is he punched Zetterburg in the back of the head then grabbed him by the neck and slammed him face first into the boards. Punch ok hockey. Slamming someone face first into the boards is clearly intent to injure. Whether he got hurt or not has nothing to do with it. It should be at least a 5 game suspension. Problem is its the playoffs and I doubt he will get the suspension that move deserves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darn.. we get helm back for one period and now lose him for the rest of the playoffs.. this blows. Couple of good games on tonite.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviljk View Post
    Darn.. we get helm back for one period and now lose him for the rest of the playoffs.. this blows. Couple of good games on tonite.
    Did they say how bad the injury turned out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostrichsized View Post
    Did they say how bad the injury turned out?
    ESPN said "Detroit Red Wings center Darren Helm had surgery to repair lacerated tendons in his right forearm and will miss the rest of the postseason, the team announced Thursday." Hope it's not to bad.

Oh god damn. It really didn't look that bad last night.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was a nice dive by Zetterberg. I was close enough to hear his helmet hit the glass. He came in and hit Weber square in the middle of the back, and Weber retaliated. His head barely hit the glass, it wasn't half as serious as people are making it out to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalador View Post
    That was a nice dive by Zetterberg. I was close enough to hear his helmet hit the glass. He came in and hit Weber square in the middle of the back, and Weber retaliated. His head barely hit the glass, it wasn't half as serious as people are making it out to be.
    It shouldn't matter how hard his head hit the glass, but the fact that Weber was willing to do such a thing, and it's only game 1. And response the being hit in the back, he's trying to kill the puck and drain the last 5-6 seconds left on the clock, of course he's going to get hit, it was just the case that Z was the one that hit him. he had to know it was coming. and IMHO it was a clean hit.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    *grabs your head and smashes it into the glass, not once, but twice* Playoff hockey yo...

Give me a break

10+ Year Old Account
    are you an idiot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well looks like they are only giving him a $2,500 fine.
    Story here

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nashville Predators defenseman Shea Weber has been fined $2,500, the maximum allowed under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, for delivering a blow to the head of Detroit forward Henrik Zetterberg in Game 1 of the teams' Western Conference Quarterfinal series in Nashville on Wednesday, April 11, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.

Grrrr, I think Shanny is trying not to look like hes playing favorites to his old team