I got to agree with Zeoni about Malkin deserving the MVP. Whether you like him or not, he was a huge difference. 109 points is 109 points, no matter what happened in the playoffs. The only other ones I'd make a case for are Neal, Giroux, or Spezza, but Malkin still did the most on an individual level. I don't think Giroux made the difference in Phili going to the playoffs, Spezza would have been nothing without Karlsson, and Malkin was better than Neal.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2012-04-23 at 02:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    LA advances.
    plays Saint Louis in the second round in what is likely to be the most boring series of the second round.

AHHHHH. Good series Kings
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    BAM Kings win! Hope the Canuck fans don't try to blow up the building and kill all the Kings players.

15+ Year Old Account
    im glad the refs didnt call a penalty on that. clearly on the other angle that was no penalty.

---------- Post added 2012-04-22 at 10:55 PM ----------

Canucks eliminated.
    Red Wings Eliminated.
    Penguins Eliminated. (yay).
    seriously...this years playoffs is the year of the underdogs...

WTB Fire Extinguishers.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    LA advances.
    plays Saint Louis in the second round in what is likely to be the most boring series of the second round.
    More than Phoenix/Nashville; I dunno.

Pretty much St. Louis and the Underdogs.

15+ Year Old Account
    i just sold 100,000 units of (false) insurance in vancouver.

Hey guys, nothing's going to happen here.

Now it's time to bandwagon the kings and sens

10+ Year Old Account
    So how long until Lu is playing for Columbus?
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    So how long until Lu is playing for Columbus?
    as soon as columbus can find the money for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nash for Luongo, calling it.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I really thought they were gonna pull that off. Crazy OT, that wasn't even close to a penalty - can't believe Hughson and Simpson had the confidence to say "blown call" lol. Good series, I found that game 5 the most intense game of the playoffs so far, prob the only one who thinks that though.

Glad to see the Bruins won today. Although, I have to say the reffing in that series has been absolute shit... How do you blow the play dead because the Caps have too many men on the ice, and then not call a penalty on them for it... Like wtf? Plus, the blatant blind side hit on Marchand where he came up bleeding that got no call. I really have no faith in the officials so far in this years playoffs..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    Glad to see the Bruins won today. Although, I have to say the reffing in that series has been absolute shit... How do you blow the play dead because the Caps have too many men on the ice, and then not call a penalty on them for it... Like wtf?
    The commentators explained it as incidental contact, not playing the puck. I assume the refs did the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Nash for Luongo, calling it.
    Funny, Cliff Ronning was saying something similar. He thinks the Canucks aren't going to win until they get a Bure type of guy.

Anyway Luongo's contract isn't even that bad. He's a 5.3 hit with a opt out in the 2013-2014 season. The overall term is a bummer though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gonna put my 2 cents in and say...This year of Round 1 has been amazing and it's not over yet!

Hoping to see the Flyers go far this year. Hopefully Bryzgalov can play decently next series. Here's to hoping an underdog takes home the cup this year!

my terrible team has made it to the playoffs for 21 years straight.
    my terrible team has had 1 top 10 pick in the past 20 years.
    my terrible team has 6 cup appearances and 4 stanley cups in those 21 years.
    my terrible team has not been within a hair of bankruptcy twice in the modern era.
    my terrible team actually played good hockey all 5 games and just happened to run into a very good defensive team that capitalized on a few oppurtunities, and had some luck (such as the goal bouncing off Stuarts skate).
    my terrible team did not get eliminated as a 4 seed by a 5 seed.
    my terrible team does not have a seriously overhyped star who gets more media attention then the rest of the league combined.

that last one. is why i don't like Crosby, combined with his crying, his diving, and his lack of class.
    Crosby gets more media attention than anyone, and yet hes already out of the playoffs? who they gonna promote now?
    When was the last time you saw Crosby cry? When was the last time he took a dive? Where is his lack of class? It's funny how people still consider him a whiner when he doesn't do it anymore. I watched every single game this season and I saw none of that. Because a Captain lobbies for a call with the referee it means whining? Because embellishing calls NEVER happens, right? Also the "terrible" Penguins went to the finals game 7 twice against your team and went 1-1. They're pretty awful. I've seen Tortorella and Laviolette whine about "cheap" hits so many times this seaosn. Have you ever seen Crosby call anybody out, even the refs lately? How about Bylsma? No. Because someone had a reputation as X player 5 years ago, doesn't mean it's still true. Should we bring up Bertuzzi?

---------- Post added 2012-04-23 at 04:19 AM ----------

im glad the refs didnt call a penalty on that. clearly on the other angle that was no penalty.

---------- Post added 2012-04-22 at 10:55 PM ----------

Canucks eliminated.
    Red Wings Eliminated.
    Penguins Eliminated. (yay).
    The only underdog winner of the first round was the Kings.. Winners of a 4-5 matchup are hardly underdogs.

Honest.. as someone who used to live in Vancouver and used to watch a lot of Canucks game.. i wasn't impressed with them this post season at all.. They just feel slow.. Last year it used to be the Kesler/Raymond line that would fly in and cause some major havok. Then maybe draw a penalty and leave the Sedin line to do their powerplay magic.. But this year non of that was there.. All that shot at the point and hope to get a deflection/rebound really isn't working so well.

It really reminded me of the dreadful mark messier era of the Canucks..

Also.. post season and regular season hockey games are literally 2 different play style. That's why most of the time prez trophy means shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirix View Post
    When was the last time you saw Crosby cry? When was the last time he took a dive? Where is his lack of class? It's funny how people still consider him a whiner when he doesn't do it anymore. I watched every single game this season and I saw none of that. Because a Captain lobbies for a call with the referee it means whining? Because embellishing calls NEVER happens, right? Also the "terrible" Penguins went to the finals game 7 twice against your team and went 1-1. They're pretty awful. I've seen Tortorella and Laviolette whine about "cheap" hits so many times this seaosn. Have you ever seen Crosby call anybody out, even the refs lately? How about Bylsma? No. Because someone had a reputation as X player 5 years ago, doesn't mean it's still true. Should we bring up Bertuzzi?

---------- Post added 2012-04-23 at 04:19 AM ----------

The only underdog winner of the first round was the Kings.. Winners of a 4-5 matchup are hardly underdogs.
    whens the last time he dived? this series? whesnt he last time he cried? this series.
    lack of class? i donno...hand shake snubs ring a bell? how about showing a little class when he was talking about the flyers. "we dont like them?" ok thats granted, but at least say you still respect them they are worthy of your respect, not the other way aorund.
    and tell me. where did i call the penguins terrible? no where. i ahve a lot of respect for the penguins, outside of Crosby (i have respect for his SKILL). and 5 years ago? please, Crosby has dived and complained to the refs this SEASON. Bertuzzi? didnt see him try to sucker punch anyone from behind this season. get in peoples faces? sure.
    and really? the Wings werent underdogs? the flyers werent under dogs? thats why almost every major news/sports company had them both losing.
    FYI as far as i was saying for Nashville being an underdog, i mean that they are not your normal cup contender.
    but hey. keep thinking what you want. i watched every game of the series. i saw Crosby dive. i saw him dive in the last game of the season. oh and by the way, yo uwant to talk about classless? how about crying for a slashing penalty on the other team when he gets slashed, when in the very same game hes chopped enough wood to heat my grandparents house for 2-3 winters.
    yeah. Crosby is GETTING BETTER AT IT, but he still acts like a spoiled brat on the ice, and you are delusional if you think otherwise.