10+ Year Old Account
    i wonder if NHL 13 will have lockout mode.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    i wonder if NHL 13 will have lockout mode.
    Yes. If Phoenix survives the lockout, you lose.

(Rehashing old joke)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Yes. If Phoenix survives the lockout, you lose.

(Rehashing old joke)
    Speaking of Yotes, heres the update since I am our resident doomsayer. So apparently Doan and the Yotes have a deal in place as soon as Jamison and the NHL finalize their deal which reportedly will happen soon. Glendale was once again defeated in court, this time losing the ballot measure in the Arizona Supreme Court meaning that the folks in Glendale get to vote whether or not they want to pay a higher sales tax in order to support the arena lease deal. Rumor has it Glendale may have to rework their arena deal. They told Jamison last week they want to rework the deal and he is not happy about preferring the current deal which Glendale can't fund without the sales tax. If they do change it, the city will need to have another city council vote on the deal which would then again open up the window for petitions to force the arena deal on the ballot like they tried to do this time. So basically, if the sales tax is struck down like it is expected to be, this whole fucking cycle is going to start again with Glendale grasping at straws to try and fund the fucking Coyotes. A broke city supporting a team that loses between $20 and 35 million per year. Makes sense doesn't it. I'm sure continuing to have that team leeching off the rest of the league is just great for the CBA discussions.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    too soon...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bettmany and Daly met with Fehr and company yesterday so hopefully talks continue through the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Bettmany and Daly met with Fehr and company yesterday so hopefully talks continue through the weekend.
    Friday:
    Bettman: Fund Phoenix so I look like less of an idiot.
    Fehr: No.
    Bettman: Lockout!
    Fehr: K.

Saturday:
    Bettman: Let 1 team have control of a player for half his career!

Sunday:
    Bettman: Tell fans to stop booing me.

I don't care who wins.. God, I'm just excited about this year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sentryofjustice View Post
    I don't care who wins.. God, I'm just excited about this year.
    about potentially not having hockey? whats to be happy about?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Marchand signed a 4 year extension with Boston at 4.5 per year, seems like a reasonable signing considering his upside.

I really haven't been paying much attention to hockey lately, once it looked like the owners were dead set on a lock out I figured I would not waste my time. Any hopes they get this done before they miss the season?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will have to stab Bettman's eyes out and skull fuck him if they delay the season until November before making a deal because the first NBC broadcasts are on like the 21st or some bullshit. Yeah, real TV deal you got going there Gary, nice to see true devotion to hockey from the networks..../sarcasm

Honestly, the man will deserve to have his head on a pike by the fans if that actually happens. Stop ruining our game you greedy assholes!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone asked Burke about the ESPN article that put the Leafs as the worst team in all sports in North America during a charity golf tournament today and he said "ESPN doesn't know a thing about hockey". Enter the punchline, and while it's true that ESPN doesn't know anything about hockey, it doesn't excuse the fact that they have sucked so much over the years. But considering the list was so laughably biased and pro-American, it doesn't surprise me. They rated Phoenix as the best ticket value team of any franchise in the league purely based on one season where they got to the playoffs and that Pittsburgh will win the most championships in our lifetime. Sorry, but in my lifetime, Detroit has won the most and the Pens are considerably far behind in that regard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to bring up old and depressing news from a year ago, but I read in the paper recently that the infamous Lokomotiv plane that crashed was flying illegally.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Rus...493/story.html

Apparently one of the pilots had forged documents, and the other hadn't been trained enough.

Swedish Elite League starts Thursday. Excited!
    I hope yours picks up soon, but I doubt anything will happen before Christmas.

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 10:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Sorry to bring up old and depressing news from a year ago, but I read in the paper recently that the infamous Lokomotiv plane that crashed was flying illegally.

Apparently one of the pilots had forged documents, and the other hadn't been trained enough.
    Yea, saw that the other day. Such a stupid reason to lose a whole hockey team with amazing personalities.
    I only met the Swede, but he was an amazing hockey personality, and person off the ice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post

What a shame

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Marchand signed a 4 year extension with Boston at 4.5 per year, seems like a reasonable signing considering his upside.
    1.7million of that is for the nose.

Looks like this year's hockey fix will be filled with QMJHL and NHL'13. Go Mooseheads!

Also, anyone else getting NHL'13?
    red panda red panda red panda!

I am. The only reason I have an Xbox to begin with.
    Released 13/09/2012 here, so just when the regular Swe season starts. Think I'll hold off for a few days since, you know, the regular season starts!

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I'd be getting it for PS3 because my roommate's XBox is permabanned from XBLive. :|
    red panda red panda red panda!