They gave up Roy for way too little imo. :/

I was upset about the whole "Flames Fire Sale" business early on...but now I'm seeing the upside...more cap space, 3 first round picks this year (if STL makes it to the playoffs). Season is already a writeoff, that's obvious, but I'm hoping Wednesday and the offseason is interesting...with the open cap space with no more JBo etc. I'm picturing a big signing...(Brad Richards 2 Electric Boogaloo?)
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    I was upset about the whole "Flames Fire Sale" business early on...but now I'm seeing the upside...more cap space, 3 first round picks this year (if STL makes it to the playoffs). Season is already a writeoff, that's obvious, but I'm hoping Wednesday and the offseason is interesting...with the open cap space with no more JBo etc. I'm picturing a big signing...(Brad Richards 2 Electric Boogaloo?)
    I woulden't expect any big signings from the Flames in the next 2 years. At least I hope they don't sign any big names unless they're sub 27-28~ years old. What you can expect is (hopefully) a lot of young guys playing big minutes. Lots of Backlund, hopefully they recall Baertschi up and give him real minutes this time. I doubt the Flames are done and judging by what we got for Bouwmeester (ugh) I sure hope they're taking offers on guys like Glencross and Stempniak. I've defended Feaster a bunch but I can't justify what he did with Jay Bouwmeester, essentially trading him for a 1st round draft pick and pulling the trigger a bit too quickly. Can't believe he didn't wrangle Rattie instead of the 2 guys he got from St Louis. 3 first round picks will be awesome though, really hoping they don't fuck this draft up.

JBo constituted a massive contract though, something we cannot keep on the books if we're looking at getting new talent. I mean Richards isn't really the case, he's not even a UFA but there are others out there and if the goaltender situation keeps on this path, we might be looking for a new starting keeper. Smith, Backstrom and Howard (along with a ton of others) are all UFA's this year. I don't see Kipper staying another season whether it's from trade or retirement, MacDonald has been solid but his injury history makes him unlikely to play a full season as a starter and I don't see it from Irving yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    there's not a lot of interesting upcoming free agents, most guys got extended or are real old, they could look at bringing Iginla back

Jimmy Howard needs an extension or he hits the market, David Clarkson too, those are pretty much the only guys under 30 that I can see, I could easily be missing somebody though, Nathan Horton? no big big names anyway, certainly no Brad Richards type is out there, unless they want to sign every guy who is 38+ and try to win now, which hasn't worked out for Dallas

10+ Year Old Account
    the flames could have the first 30th picks.. and the 31st will be the best pick

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    there's not a lot of interesting upcoming free agents, most guys got extended or are real old, they could look at bringing Iginla back

Jimmy Howard needs an extension or he hits the market, David Clarkson too, those are pretty much the only guys under 30 that I can see, I could easily be missing somebody though, Nathan Horton? no big big names anyway, certainly no Brad Richards type is out there, unless they want to sign every guy who is 38+ and try to win now, which hasn't worked out for Dallas
    Depends on how young it needs to be. Damian Brunner is UFA this year and as you said, if they decide to bring Iggy back. There's still whatever comes this way at deadline, salary that needs to be covered etc.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post

All these players being traded become free agents at the end of the year if they don't get resigned. Iginla, Roy, Jagr, Leopold, etc... Elias, Backstrom, Weiss, and Penner, and Emery will be highly coveted free agents IMO if they don't sign with their current teams.

Also Clowe appears to be going to NYR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post

Also Clowe appears to be going to NYR.
    Just went through.

The New York Rangers have acquired forward Ryane Clowe from the San Jose Sharks, the Rangers announced Tuesday. TSN reports the Sharks will receive two second-round picks and a thrid-round pick.

15+ Year Old Account
    wow the Sharks having a fire sale this year?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like Clowe is going to solve their problems. Their defense is still mediocre and Lundqvist is playing like trash

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    They gave up Roy for way too little imo. :/
    Roy wanted close to 6 million a year.. they did themselves a favor.

Connolly not playing tomorrows 11am game with Marlies.. he maybe on the move
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2013-04-03 at 12:39 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Roy wanted close to 6 million a year.. they did themselves a favor.

Connolly not playing tomorrows 11am game with Marlies.. he maybe on the move
    Thank goodness, hopefully we can get a good return for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leafs and Nucks still talking about Lou... but Canucks want more.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vancouver got Derek Roy, they aren't going to get much from Toronto now that they don't need a 2nd line centre. It's stupid wasting time trying to acquire a goalie who once again this season started out strong but has been flopping for the last month or so. Luongo's stock was much higher after the first month of the season, they should have traded him while he was still playing well, now Vancouver's expectations of getting high value for him is dumbfounded.

I think TSN needs to realize that all-day coverage of the trade deadline is overkill. I popped onto the live stream and they were just twiddling their thumbs and going over the same shit that's been gone over a hundred times in the last week. I know this is 'Canada's game' or whatever, but when there's nothing to even talk about, it's kind of pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I think TSN needs to realize that all-day coverage of the trade deadline is overkill. I popped onto the live stream and they were just twiddling their thumbs and going over the same shit that's been gone over a hundred times in the last week. I know this is 'Canada's game' or whatever, but when there's nothing to even talk about, it's kind of pathetic.
    Beats watching the same highlight packs for the next 10 hrs.

So far this is a whole lot of nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    So far this is a whole lot of nothing.
    Gaborik to Columbus potentially
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2013-04-03 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Gaborik to Columbus potentially
    It's official.