Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Watch Edmonton win the draft lottery again. Fucking bastards screwed up last year so they need a do-over with Seth Jones. CALLING IT NOW!
    At least this time they would draft a freaking defender they clearly need. Honestly felt they should have traded down a couple places and in exchange tried to get a semi-decent d-man and draft a rookie one with how many good defencemen there seemed to be available last year.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should have taken Ryan Murray last year with 1st overall, he fits their team much better than Yakupov does. So now they're a team with a decent amount of offensive firepower but such little defensive depth. Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yakupov, Ganger, Hemsky, Schultz - who is going to play defense? There is just such a massive dropoff in skill and speed outside of those 7 players. I had respect for them until they thumped us 2 games in a row and their entire fan base acted like it was the Gretzky era all over again. If they don't win the lottory, I imagine they'll try everything in their power to make a deal for Seth Jones with their pick + one of their good players. What really pisses me off though, when they realized they weren't going to make the playoffs they did this: http://i.imgur.com/2oT5o6J.png Now, obviously they didn't tank on purpose because that would be incredibly scummy but I just can't convince myself that a squad that good, is worse than the Flames. Same with Carolina.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should have taken Ryan Murray last year with 1st overall, he fits their team much better than Yakupov does. So now they're a team with a decent amount of offensive firepower but such little defensive depth. Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yakupov, Ganger, Hemsky, Schultz - who is going to play defense? There is just such a massive dropoff in skill and speed outside of those 7 players. I had respect for them until they thumped us 2 games in a row and their entire fan base acted like it was the Gretzky era all over again. If they don't win the lottory, I imagine they'll try everything in their power to make a deal for Seth Jones with their pick + one of their good players. What really pisses me off though, when they realized they weren't going to make the playoffs they did this: http://i.imgur.com/2oT5o6J.png Now, obviously they didn't tank on purpose because that would be incredibly scummy but I just can't convince myself that a squad that good, is worse than the Flames. Same with Carolina.
    Carolina couldn't keep a beach ball out of their net this year. Their defense is pretty mediocre too, they can score goals and they have a fair amount of talent up front, but their blue line is a joke. Doesn't help that Ward was injured, Ellis isn't a starter and that defense couldn't protect him to keep the puck out of the net.

---------- Post added 2013-04-26 at 09:37 PM ----------

I am looking forward to feasting on the tears of Montreal Canadians fans in 24 hours time.

15+ Year Old Account
    and Minnesota is taking choking lessons from SJ i see. 6-0 Edmonton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh imagine what a dynasty Edmonton would become if they had a few decent D-men.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty deplorable. They don't deserve to be in the playoffs if they are playing that bad. Is Harding's MS kicking in already? (kidding obviously)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    nvm i'm an idiot disregard my bitterness
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-04-27 at 02:16 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Minnesota gets in over Columbus it will really be a shame. They've been such trash this month.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah.. I'm back.. sorry I wasn't looking for more Leafs bashing. Now they've actually got a fair team it probably shuts up naysayers. If it doesn't shut them up then they're probably just bitter.

Minnie coach is praying to god his team gets a playoff spot.. as it is he's probably canned after the playoffs if they only get the 8 seed and get thrashed in round 1 by Chicago.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Ah.. I'm back.. sorry I wasn't looking for more Leafs bashing. Now they've actually got a fair team it probably shuts up naysayers. If it doesn't shut them up then they're probably just bitter.
    Hasn't been much Leaf hate at all in here, maybe randoms who show up but none really from regular posters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hasn't been much Leaf hate at all in here, maybe randoms who show up but none really from regular posters.
    We've had two years to work it out of our systems.

Or we're saving it for their first playoff game.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol yeah. But I mean anyone who makes fun of a team for under performing or not performing at all isn't really a true hockey fan or simply hasn't been a fan for the hard times. It's so shitty to see everyone everywhere shitting on a team you cheer for, not play for. It's not like I can make a difference in whether my team sucks or not. Poking fun at a rival team is fun and all but it's way easier to make fun of a bad team than it is to put things into perspective when you think of your own team. I'm personally glad the Leafs are turning it around. Making the playoffs is just the first step, I really hope they can improve on it and see what they can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Dont think the Hawks will be able to help you guys out tomorrow, from the sounds of it most of the starters are out.
    I wasn't counting on it, but there will be a good goalie in net whomever plays

They just need to stop turning the puck over so freaking much... That will solve a lot of their problems.. IF they can keep Bozak for what he's worth (ie not the 5 million he'll get as a UFA), and pick up maybe a free agent top 6 winger... and solve the turnover issue.. I dunno.. they're in a decent enough place going forward.

It'll be interesting to see how they stack up against some Western Conference teams next season, though. Would've loved to see how they matched up against Vancouver or St. Louis this year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I was going to get involved when the season started up again and then got shot at with Leafs hate.. decided to ignore the internet for this shot season and actually enjoyed the games. It seems to be a lot more fun when you're not trying to justify things every game. All well.

10+ Year Old Account
    everybody is asleep when my team plays, so no haters

the kings suck.. or something... angry words directed at the la team.

10+ Year Old Account
    shouldn't you be in bed?

not when there's kings to bash, y'hear!!!!! but ya i should be