15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    There are 6 Western Conference teams with 24+ points. There are no Eastern Conference teams with 24+ points. That says somethin, right?
    the west is stronger than the east? thats been the case for nearly two decades.

10+ Year Old Account
    nice goal by kessel, and a penalty on it so, leafs back to PP
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2013-11-09 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    There are 6 Western Conference teams with 24+ points. There are no Eastern Conference teams with 24+ points. That says somethin, right?
    You have to look deeper than actual records. Toronto has played 2 games within their division. Tampa is 6-0 vs West teams. San Jose is 5-1-1 against the East, but lost to FUCKING BUFFALO who have 7 points in 19 games.

That's what I love about the NHL playoffs. When all is said and done, any team can win any series with a couple of breaks going their way. Remember when Edmonton beat #2 Dallas and #2 Colorado in back-to-back first rounds of the playoffs in 97-98? Nobody gave them a chance, and they took both series. Remember when they did it again to the President trophy Red Wings in '06? Remember 2 years ago when Vancouver lost in 5 games to the #8 Stanley Cup Winning Kings in the first round? When Washington lost to Montreal in round 1 in '11? When San Jose lost to Anaheim in round 1 in '10?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    You also have to remember that more western teams have had roadtrips in the east where they played multiple games. Anaheim has played what, 8 games in the east already? Teams in the east will start having road trips in the west soon enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the bruins put the boots to the leafs tonight in terms of the score, I kinda want the team to get a wake up call on the score sheet.

but if we happen to wake up during this game, i will be just as happy(in regards to shot total)
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2013-11-09 at 10:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    You also have to remember that more western teams have had roadtrips in the east where they played multiple games. Anaheim has played what, 8 games in the east already? Teams in the east will start having road trips in the west soon enough.
    Detroit has already played two full road trips in the west, don't know what you're talking about "start having road trips soon enough"

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Detroit has already played two full road trips in the west, don't know what you're talking about "start having road trips soon enough"
    Toronto doesn't have a western trip until December I believe. Someone needs to do a break down of teams records vs their conference/division. Teams in the west would have less points then they do if the East sucked less, that much is a given. The sad thing is that the East got two more teams this year and one is sucking nuts, the reality is that Columbus is a mediocre team. The fact that Buffalo, Florida and Philadelphia are sucking is not a surprise.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-11-09 at 08:38 PM.

Toronto doesn't have a western trip until December I believe. Someone needs to do a break down of teams records vs their conference/division.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm...32014&type=XVE
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm...32014&type=XVW

10+ Year Old Account
    Toronto doesn't have a western trip until December I believe. Someone needs to do a break down of teams records vs their conference/division. Teams in the west would have less points then they do if the East sucked less, that much is a given. The sad thing is that the East got two more teams this year and one is sucking nuts, the reality is that Columbus is a mediocre team. The fact that Buffalo, Florida and Philadelphia are sucking is not a surprise.

isn't the 3 games they did in Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver a Western trip
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2013-11-10 at 12:15 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    isn't the 3 games they did in Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver as Western trip
    that would be my guess.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    In all fairness, Calgary gave them all they could handle, if it wasn't for Bernier being a super human that could have easily been a blowout

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    isn't the 3 games they did in Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver a Western trip
    I was talking more like 5-8 games like what Anaheim just went through.

Also, GG Boston, GG.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    clarkson ya fight like a bitch

So Tampa won in Detroit for the first time since 94-01-12 (12th of Jan). Grats

10+ Year Old Account
    That may have been one of the worst plays I've ever seen. Our net is empty, we have 4 guys in our blue zone, and we can't clear it from two Ducks players and end up giving it away.

10+ Year Old Account
    My ducks are on fire

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vickvinegar View Post
    My ducks are on fire
    they were good last year too. didn't help them when the Wings clipped there wings.

10+ Year Old Account
    ah hindsight posts fun, i'll keep it to the present

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vickvinegar View Post
    ah hindsight posts fun, i'll keep it to the present
    touche. i actually starting to like the ducks a little bit as you get away from your style of hockey that is "oh, were behind by 2+ goals? lets just fight and play dirty hockey."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just impressed that this team keeps winning despite its injuries, if they can fix the PP and stay healthy I'll feel much better. But by the way its shaping if were another first round out its all for nothing.