10+ Year Old Account
    Well Kuemper started in all 4 of their wins so far, better hope he is ready for game 3. Losing 2 on the road to start the series isn't so bad, losing game 3 would be much worse, I don't think it likely that two teams in the same year will win a series after losing the first three games.

Is it tuesday yet??? I need more Bruins Habs playoff hockey....

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Is it tuesday yet??? I need more Bruins Habs playoff hockey....
    three words (sort of)....the LA/ANA series.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Now THAT's why the Vancouver Canucks didn't play too well this Season. They have way too much fun outside the rink.

Enjoy.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
    but in rising every time we fall."
    - Kong Fuzi

#1 should have been Torts and Gillis being fired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see the Rangers bare down and manage to not give up a SHG during their power play.

10+ Year Old Account
    the playoffs always make me so conflicted because I want the team that I pick for fantasy to win for the brackets, but I hardly ever get to pick a team that I want to win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    the playoffs always make me so conflicted because I want the team that I pick for fantasy to win for the brackets, but I hardly ever get to pick a team that I want to win
    *Looks at Ep's brackets*

Oh god, a repeat of Chicago vs Boston, the return of the Canucks' hell.

It's looking like at least 3 teams from last year's CFs will be back. Boston/Montreal I'm still not convinced either team is going to dominate it. I wonder if this is Pittsburgh just out playing the Rangers or if playing 5 games in 7 nights has caught up to them. 6 straight periods of shutout is not what you want to see with Fleury in net.

10+ Year Old Account
    When Pittsburgh is winning on Fleury shutouts I'm certain it is more to do with the Rangers failings than the Penguins successes. Did they manage a shot on that 6 on 4? Maybe one, the Rangers are not gonna win many games when their best player finishes every game sitting on the bench.

- - - Updated - - -

nothing cheers me up quite like Quick punching Corey Perry in the nuts

- - - Updated - - -

The Sharks tried to give Doughty a pounding, they would dump the puck at him and then drill him into the boards. It was rough but it was clean, it was hockey. The Ducks are taking shots at his knees, slew-footing, slashing, its a terrible thing to watch, apparently for the refs too since they're missing most of the calls.

- - - Updated - - -

2-0 with 2 road wins, this feels familiar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    *Looks at Ep's brackets*

Oh god, a repeat of Chicago vs Boston, the return of the Canucks' hell.
    Don't worry! I only caught a minor case of aids while picking those.

Fucking hell at the Kings ruining Selanne's farewell playoffs.

If LA breezes through Anaheim, I doubt there's any stopping them again. Fuckin 2012 all over.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Fucking hell at the Kings ruining Selanne's farewell playoffs.

If LA breezes through Anaheim, I doubt there's any stopping them again. Fuckin 2012 all over.
    Challenge accepted

- - - Updated - - -

Can't believe Pens got outshot by 20

- - - Updated - - -

LOL Draynay did you see this: http://twitpic.com/e31jd4

Chicago beat LA last year in the 3rd round in 5... so. I don't remember what the injuries/roster situations were like, but Chicago isn't a ton different as far as I'm aware. Who are they missing from the playoff roster last year? Bolland, Frolik, Stalberg and Carcillo? Am I missing anyone? Other than Bolland scoring the Stanley Cup winning goal, none of those guys were exactly lighting it up in the playoffs. Frolik was the only guy in double digit points at 10.. the other 3 combined for 10. LA has arguably gotten better since last year, and Gaborik seems to be lighting up at a good time, but if anything, it makes it a much more even match in my eyes.

It would be a fantastic series, and I would be quite surprised if it went anything less than 6 games.

As for people being all 'Quick did something bad', I think we can all agree that no one cares it happened to Perry, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Weird stat I just stumbled across. Chicago and LA are the only 2 teams still left in the playoffs with negative shot differentials.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still think the LA/Anaheim series is going to go to 7, but LA is still going to win. Anaheim, at least during the regular season is Chicagos Achilles heel. Mind playoff Chicago and regular season Chicago are two different entities entirely.

Although I'm not watching the series that closely (despite Pittsburgh being shoved in our faces where I live) it's incredibly weird to see the Penguins out shot by 20, especially against the NYR. I really don't care who wins this series because while I'll probably regret it later, I don't think either of these teams would beat Montreal or Boston in the ECF, especially Boston.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    LOL Draynay did you see this: http://twitpic.com/e31jd4
    Why I never, its almost as if Corey Perry isn't the standup guy we all thought he was......

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Chicago beat LA last year in the 3rd round in 5... so. I don't remember what the injuries/roster situations were like, but Chicago isn't a ton different as far as I'm aware.
    Kopitar was playing hurt last year, he could barely make it out of the defensive zone and contributed next to nothing offensively, this year he is the leading scorer in the playoffs with points in all 9 games. Oh and Gaborik wasn't around and he is leading the league in goals right now. If we get Kings/Hawks it will be the series we should've gotten last year, featuring the last two cup winners, should be awesome.

As for people being all 'Quick did something bad', I think we can all agree that no one cares it happened to Perry, right?
    Doing shit to Perry should never be a penalty, he got away with murder as usual, slashing Quick and the like, the refs missed a lot of slashing calls

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I still think the LA/Anaheim series is going to go to 7, but LA is still going to win. Anaheim, at least during the regular season is Chicagos Achilles heel. Mind playoff Chicago and regular season Chicago are two different entities entirely.
    Yep, and the Ducks were 4-0-1 against the Kings in the regular season and look how much that's mattered come playoff time
    Last edited by draynay; 2014-05-06 at 08:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got my beer, my jersey. Time to make an ass of myself and watch the Habs-Bruins game.

Nice no penalty call on the slash to Chara whos now in the locker room.... GG Refs probably going to be one sided this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Then a hooking on a very likely goal....... GG

10+ Year Old Account
    these refs are racist for giving boston a pp for the hit by subban.

The key to beating Rask: Breakaways for days.