Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how valid they are considering Treliving likes to speak on anything available. I heard the asking price was Sam Bennett + another player and probably picks. Tough price for possibly a rental. I don't know what to think about all this because having the 2nd most gifted pure goalscorer would be cool if we resigned him at the end of the year but giving up Bennett and have Stammer potentially walk would be a disaster of Filip Forsberg for Martin Erat proportions.

edit omg we look like an NHL team again

Man our goalies suck.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2015-10-26 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I don't know how valid they are considering Treliving likes to speak on anything available. I heard the asking price was Sam Bennett + another player and probably picks. Tough price for possibly a rental. I don't know what to think about all this because having the 2nd most gifted pure goalscorer would be cool if we resigned him at the end of the year but giving up Bennett and have Stammer potentially walk would be a disaster of Filip Forsberg for Martin Erat proportions.

edit omg we look like an NHL team again

Man our goalies suck.
    I wasn't expecting Flames to be as hot as they were last season, but I definitely expected better than what you guys are doing now.
    Also, WTF Ducks?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty much running as high as I can. 5-2-1 Jets and 9-0-0 Habs. I feel bad for the Flames fans here.

Ekholm for 6 years 22 million. I don't know how Poile does it but he gets top notch Dmen to sign insanely good team deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I feel bad for the Flames fans here.
    Don't...don't even talk to me right now D:
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Ekholm for 6 years 22 million. I don't know how Poile does it but he gets top notch Dmen to sign insanely good team deals.
    I think he puts it this way. Listen we are willing to sign you long term. Which shows we are wanting you to be part of the long term team. But say if things go south after a few years. We can get you to a new team easily.

Winnipeg has a 5 year limit on contracts. They don't go any higher than that and the players accept it. Mostly because it's five years and they can earn a pay increase quicker that way. It also doesn't hamper the team on the ability to move players.

Edit:
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/kane-bel...is-back~735548

Oh how it shows Evander Kane hasn't changed at all. He said that his skin was a reason why the city didn't take well to him. Yet Buff is probably one of the most loved players on the Jets. The Turtle man (Milt Steegal) is another man who is loved. Because the city loves players who show up and work their ass off. It showed that the players had enough of him when they had Buff throw his clothes in the shower.
    Last edited by Nazrark; 2015-10-27 at 03:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    That is an insane deal indeed! Alot of young Swedish defensemen gotten good long term contracts this year!

I haven't been able to watch many games so far but as a Red Wings fan I'm glad to hear that Larkin will be sticking around and not get sent to Grand Rapids, he's been great so far. We needed way more transition to the young kids over some of our lame duck veterans last year but I'll take it this year, good sign that they want to do more than just continue the playoff appearance streak.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

I hope for your sake that the underlying numbers improve, or the Red Wings' season is going to get ugly before long.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I hope for your sake that the underlying numbers improve, or the Red Wings' season is going to get ugly before long.
    Yeah, I'm at work so I didn't get to see the game but can see they lost bad to a 3-6 Panthers team, doesn't bode well at all. Wake the fuck up out there guys!

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I'm pretty much running as high as I can. 5-2-1 Jets and 9-0-0 Habs. I feel bad for the Flames fans here.
    We will break your winning streak on Friday! Mark my words! I'll be at the dome, ROW 2!

10+ Year Old Account
    A living breathing Red Wings fan in the thread? Its been awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    A living breathing Red Wings fan in the thread? Its been awhile.
    Yeah I live not that far from Detroit, grew up watching the Dead Wings era and actually got to play pickup hockey on a frozen winter lake with Bob Probert one time before he slid out of control. Then of course all the deep playoff runs and finally Cup wins with the Russian 5 and the other guys with the later Cups (Hasek, Chelios, Shanahan, Hull, Robitaille, etc). Because of the outrageous feud they had with the Avalanche I'll probably never support them nor any other Colorado team haha.

Haven't been watching as much the last few years as I'd like, hoping that changes but also hoping they make it worth doing.

Deleted
    So.. Vancouver of all teams ended the Montreal streak.

Finally!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dominate Ottawa only to lose because our goaltenders can't make a stop to save their lives. Unreal horrendous goaltending thus far. 0-2-1 on this road trip and we outplayed our opponents every game. Anderson makes an incredible save in OT to save the Sens. Fuck this shit fuck these goalies blow. Kipper come back

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Goalies you guys could trade for: Eddie Lack (maybe even Cam Ward?), Lehtonen, either Toronto goalie, maybe you could get Mrazek from Detroit

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Dominate Ottawa only to lose because our goaltenders can't make a stop to save their lives. Unreal horrendous goaltending thus far. 0-2-1 on this road trip and we outplayed our opponents every game. Anderson makes an incredible save in OT to save the Sens. Fuck this shit fuck these goalies blow. Kipper come back
    and if Hiller is injured now, who comes back up? Ramo? Gillies?

It was sad to see them actually producing goals last night but not able to keep them out.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    and if Hiller is injured now, who comes back up? Ramo? Gillies?

It was sad to see them actually producing goals last night but not able to keep them out.
    Worse for the Ducks, they've been shutout more times than not this season (5 of 9 games), they had a 3 goal game and lost 4-3. Whenever things seem shitty, just remember, at least you're not a Ducks fan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Worse for the Ducks, they've been shutout more times than not this season (5 of 9 games), they had a 3 goal game and lost 4-3. Whenever things seem shitty, just remember, at least you're not a Ducks fan.
    Pretty much every reporter in Sweden has them as SC winners

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Pretty much every reporter in Sweden has them as SC winners
    They must love Hagelin over there.