Reimer looked like 2015 Reimer in the first period - shaky and just not in the game at all. By the end of it, he looked like 2012 Reimer... who will we see tomorrow!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So we haven't lost at home since the season opener against the Rangers... Never mind that we haven't gotten a point on the road since the 2nd game of the year...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    So we haven't lost at home since the season opener against the Rangers... Never mind that we haven't gotten a point on the road since the 2nd game of the year...
    I kind of wish the game had been a later start so I could've gone to bed not knowing what happened in the 3rd period...

good bounce back against the Blues today though, there is some kind of magic associated with being the Kings backup goalie

Deleted
    So.. McDavid will probably not win rookie of the year. Sucks for him :/

Hate to see a kid go down like that, especially in his rookie year. Hopefully he gets back up and rolling and it does hinder him in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    So.. McDavid will probably not win rookie of the year. Sucks for him :/
    He'll be eligible for it next year, I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rookie status is up to 25 games

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see Ehlers winning it now. If he keeps playing the way he does now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Domi, Larkin, Panarin, it's a toss up I'd say. Eichel is struggling early on, only 4 pts so far. I'm hoping Sam Bennett starts seeing an increased role, he's been excellent the last 4-5 games. 2 disallowed goals on Tuesday too and a couple chances that shoulda gone in too. We're like 11-13 games in for most teams, lots of hockey to be played. I think Dregar was saying Connor will be 4-6 weeks out, I'd wager 2 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best part of the rookie race. It's basically seeing the teams who will be dominant in 3-4 years.

I wouldn't say Eichel is struggling so much as everyone he feeds the puck to is struggling to put it in the net. He's been pretty solid. As much time as McDavid will miss, he'll surely be back by ~February at the latest, so no Calder for him. That's ok, though - a lot of people blindly still consider Crosby the best player in the NHL (and he arguably was for a few years), and he didn't win a Calder.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Charges will not be laid against Patrick Kane. Apparently the accuser is no longer cooperating with the investigators. My assumption is the woman is just another SJW idiot who regretted hooking up with a guy and screamed rape to try and extort money out of him.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/d...investigation/

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another Flames game tonight, will Voracek get out of slump and light us up for a hatty? All signs point to yes. Will our goalie let in 4+ goals again? Fuck it, why not, Auston Mathews is a good player!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Another Flames game tonight, will Voracek get out of slump and light us up for a hatty? All signs point to yes. Will our goalie let in 4+ goals again? Fuck it, why not, Auston Mathews is a good player!
    Pretty hard to be as bad as the Leafs are right now.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone from the Leafs available if they are tanking? JVR or Kadri would be sweet

Kadri - would be more of a wait and see kind of thing, whether management wants to keep him. He's an RFA for one more year.
    JVR is turning into an actually competent player, and his asking price is just going to go up as the season goes on. 2 more seasons after this for 4.25M/year

What all would you be willing to give up to get even one of them? If Bickell is included, I would hope it's a 1st + high end prospect. If he's not, a 1st is the starting point for either, I'd bet.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    thank god, finally a worse team than us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think of all the games that have gone to Shoot out this year. Ottawa has been in 90% of them. That is what it feels like anyways.

We beat the Wild, makes me a happy camper. Even better when the Refs tried to everything they could to hand them the game. The slashing call on Wilson may be one of the worst calls I've seen made in a long time. Wilson stick on the ice the entire time, Suter slashes Wilson and breaks his own stick. Refs call the slash on Wilson.