Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Wow. That wasn't even CLOSE to goalie interference. Are they being paid off or are the officials really that stupid?
    As much as I dislike the Hawks, I completely agree. That was a horrible call and the Yotes benefited a lot from it. I'm totally with Toews on this. His look of "Wow, really?" had me doing the same lol

15+ Year Old Account
    so SJ didnt even register a goal in there loss to STL
    Ottalawls managed to split New York with the rags.
    Caps managed to tie up the series and so far the Yotes are up 2-1 on the Hawks.

poor garbles, his whole sweep prediction is already gone by end of game 1.

so heres what i think based on the first 2 games for the series that have 2.
    these do not change my predictions.
    Boston over Washington in a brutal grindy series.
    Philly over Pitt, 6 at most.
    New York over Ottawa in 7.

LA over Vancouver in 6 at most.
    Detroit over Nashville in 6 at most.
    STL/SJ (Donno but its going to be 7 games)

predictions based on performance upcoming later for Chi/Phx and NJ/FLA

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    All these series are so physical. I'm actually cheering for the Coyotes now to spite their shitty fanbase. Friend of mine was down there and said he could get tickets for 40$, and good ones at that. 40$! I hate the weekends though, 10am game my time, I'll be too hungover to watch Nash/Detroit.

15+ Year Old Account
    im not sure how Chicago or shaw can argue that call. pretty blatant.

Wow. Shaw should be excommunicated from the NHL for that shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    im not sure how Chicago or shaw can argue that call. pretty blatant.
    I don't get how the announcers see that as helmet on helmet contact lol. Shaw clearly goes right into Smith's chin with his shoulder. He lowers his shoulder then raises it directly into his head. Wonder if Shanny will get involved. Already going to have at least one suspension from the Rangers game earlier, probably two with that hit on Alffy. Now this hit that certainly looked like it was targetting the head on the side replays.

15+ Year Old Account
    no one to talk to in chat =(

Was weird seeing Torres there because he essentially gave the same hit to Seabrook but from the opposite end
    I remember it all too well

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was such a gutless play. Glad the ref's aren't backing down. The first goalie interference was awful but I'm glad they've bounced back. Was sitting there thinking that's the series, Smith is done. Bit of embellishment there maybe? Not completely positive. Also is there some sort of IRC app for iPhone? I'd love to chat with you guys but my computer is in a completely different area of the house. Also, my wife is getting annoyed with my constant hockey talk

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    How are the Canucks going to get rid of that horrendous contract though? It's still astronomically high for a goalie for the next few years until it goes down as he gets closer to the expiration. Maybe if the duration wasn't until Luongo turns 41 nor the cap hit so high for the next few seasons, you could get him traded to a young team that is in need of an experienced goalie while they developed a starter, but considering those factors are in play, very few teams are going to take him unless they are getting something else alongside that salary burden, and Vancouver doesn't have a lot to offer in the ways of prospects or useful picks to toss away with it. Not like you could trade him to one of the weaker Canadian markets right now, it would be just as much of a shit show. Maybe Columbus, since no one seems to care about that team and they have the space, but as a rebuilding franchise they aren't going to give up picks for him either.

And yes, not having your best left winger hurts your offense, look at the Leafs without Lupul the last month of the season, but Kessel still managed to find a way to score like 9 goals without him. As a team you have to find a way to score without your best players, it's just the way the game goes.
    It is an albatross of a contract but I think there are some teams that would be really interested. CBJ and Washington in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Came up here to check what you guys had to say during commercial break, literally as I walk into the room with the TV - Backstrom scores. Good to see him actually doing something. Vancouver isn't getting rid of Luongo, there's no way. Contract is way too long for anyone to want it. He's a top tier goalie still, but 12 years is too much imo. Schneider isn't going to sit in his shadow either, I'm expecting Vancouver to try and land some sort of deal for draft picks. Dustin Penner and Mike Fischer both got traded for first round picks. I say Schneider brings in at least a first rounder and a player, or a first and second round pick. Maybe more considering he has the potential to be a franchise goalie. A team like Edmonton could flash their first overall pick for him as well, would not a bad move. It's either that, take Yakupov first overall (which they are going to run into problems with down the line, resigning all those future stars), or take one of the defensemen first overall. I think first overall is enough on it's own but maybe throw in Dubnyk.

Canuck's fucked up when they didn't learn from Islanders terrible long term goalie signing. Luongo is a great goalie and I think they've committed way too much to have him sit on the bench. Cory Schneider is a good goalie as well but has he really proven himself? He has 5 playoff games and according to Wikipedia 0 wins and 0 losses, so it looks like he hasn't even played a full playoff game in the NHL. Playoffs are way different than the regular season, mistakes are magnified. Saw the interview with Vigneault, said he knows whose starting and has already made up his mind. Guy is impossible to read unless hes angry, so who knows what happens in game 3.
    Does it matter though? Chicago has shown us you don't need an top tier goalie to win. And Schneider is most definitely a reliable goalie, he's held the wall against the better teams in the league.
    I remember it all too well

More bad officiating; they miss a high stick drawing blood. Some people just need to be fired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    More bad officiating; they miss a high stick drawing blood. Some people just need to be fired.
    wasnt a high stick. the puck popped up and hit him in the nose.

Should probably work on that Coyotes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seabrook again with 5.5 seconds left! Deja vu. That shit gets me fired up. Now for the win.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crazy game.

Also that Chicago team that won the cup was incredibly deep. And Niemi held his own + they faced a team with extremely bad goal tending to win the finals. A good goalie is so amazing to have in the playoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    this chi vs phx ot has been exciting as hell

game over, bickell in OT

10+ Year Old Account
    Pow, right in the kisser! What a game! Except for the shitty officiating*

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Insane overtime, Chicago fans should be on their knees for Crawford. Without him, this game was over in the 3rd period. He made some amazing stops toward the end of the game and in OT, and basically stole that game. I'm so impressed with the quality of games this first round. I had a feeling it was gonna be a great playoff but it's exceeded my personal expectations. Great games today, most of the teams I wanted to win won

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Pow, right in the kisser! What a game! Except for the shitty officiating*
    aside from the goaltender interference at the beginning and the hook on kane in ot what did they miss? (just from a PRO Chicago standpoint).

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of good games. Also, does anyone know who narrates the 'because its the cup' commercials?