Thread: Razer Naga?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Razer Naga?

I'm thinking of buying a Razer Naga, but I don't know if it's worth the money. It would be great to get some opinions about it

10+ Year Old Account
    I own one, if you can get past the learning curve, it's a great tool, just don't expect to be blown away by it.

I used it to manage cooldowns as a holy pala, it's great for that, still used my 1-5 and alt1-5 keys for normal healing, since spamming the thumb keys got exhausting after a while.

Deleted
    SO you recommend it? Even though it's quite expensive?

I bought the Razer Naga a while ago, it is an absolutely outstanding mouse, I absolutely love the grip you've got on it. It's small, but it's fantastic.

I don't know if you've ever had an "MMO-Mouse" ( Mouse with many extra buttons. ) before, if you haven't, it can be quite difficult to get used to the Razer Naga, personally, I had the World of Warcraft mouse before I bought the Razer Naga, and it wasn't hard at all to get used to.

Deleted
    I use it and, as was said, once you get past the learning curve, you are in the danger zone of never wanting to play without buttons for your right thumb ever again. I even use it in shooters and RTS games now and then.

It gets a recommendation from me, but make sure to get 14 days where you can have your money back if it isn't to your liking.

I have the Razer Naga Epic and I love it! You have to get used to the thumb pad though, but after that it's wonderful. They even have little tabs you can put on your pad to train yourself to use it properly if you can't manage to do it on your own. You can make your thumb pretty tired, but I guess that depends on what you do. I'm a resto druid so I can't really keep up with using my thumb all the time during raids for heals. I went from a non-gaming mouse to this and I don't think I'll ever be going back to a standard mouse again. There's also the different sized grips that are interchangeable, which I love. I have small hands and it's really hard for me to find a good mouse that I like that isn't absolutely giant that I can get a comfortable grip on.
    Last edited by Melodi; 2011-04-15 at 10:14 AM.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Deleted
    Okey, cheers for the fast respone Will prob try it out.

The learning curve isnt very long, take only a few hours of gameplay to develop the muscle memory. Arranging your action bars in 3X4 or using the Naga addon will help with that.

My wife gifted it to me this Jan, and i love it.

It's nice I got the molten core edition. When i baught my comp, i thought I ordered the razer naga, but to my surprise it wasent in the box so i thought i made a mistake and didint order it. so i odered the molten edition razer naga. as soon as i got the mouse in the mail i got an email from my computer manufacturer saying they forgot to mail my mouse to me and itl be here in 2-3 days. i was sad that i baught an extra mouse . If i was a mage irl i would port and give it to you, as thats all im doing with it. giving it away at prom to my fellow classmates for the most likely candidate to succeed at the new starward mmo! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it. But it takes some time getting used to it.
    Not every n00b is a bad player, but every bad player is a n00b.

Buy one. They are fantastic. Wouldn't recommend any other mouse. Well worth the money.

I ahve the following bindings and they are invaluable:

1 - shift
    2 control
    3 - vent ptt key

Makes it so easy to have awesome shift/control mod macros.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icemo View Post
    The learning curve isnt very long, take only a few hours of gameplay to develop the muscle memory. Arranging your action bars in 3X4 or using the Naga addon will help with that.

My wife gifted it to me this Jan, and i love it.
    I did the opposite and bought one for my fiance.
    Now it's impossible for me to play her characters with most everything bound on the mouse

Anyway, the mouse fits REALLY well in hand and the thumb buttons seem easy enough to use even
    with no experience. It only took my fiance a couple of hours to learn it instead of the 20(?) that was said on the box.
    It comes with some rubber stickers that you can put on some of the buttons for faster learning.

I'm really tempted to buy one for my self too, since I'm running out of space on the keyboard and mouse even with
    everything bound with shift as well.

Only down side I can think of is the back and forward buttons that are next to the right mouse button.
    I thought you would get used to those, but apparently they are kind of a pain to use even after a long time.

I find the idea they have here a little un-evolved. It's just a mass of buttons in one place that your quite likely to fat finger.
    Much better options for around the same price.
    Take a look at the Steelseries Cata wow mouse (similar number of buttons but in different places around the mouse so more likely to "fit" a certain ability better) or the Logitech G700 wireless (4 thumb buttons, 3 on the top next to left mouse). If you are using the WoW mouse theres a toggle option under "mice" in wow to detect a wow mouse (theres an older version too) which when selected will then let you bind mouse buttons directly rather than having to map buttons to keys then keys to abilities. If I hadn't bought the G700 i'd have got me a cata mouse. Had the original wow mouse and once the build issue "hump" was crossed it was fine.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2011-04-15 at 10:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    The mouse is good when its working, mine is aprox 5 months old and it just started double clicking like a mad every time i hit the left mouse button, which seem to be a common problem with the mouse.

Yes the Naga is a great investment! My wife and I both bought them about a year ago. Makes life easier and i do not click ANYTHING. Macro'd and bound everything to the mouse. It took us about 2 days to get everything going on it. Jus have to train yourself.

btw, i just want to put it out there, if its not obvious enough. This is a right handed mouse. If your left handed your out of luck.

Is there a wireless naga and if there is what is the range on it?

This is really the most amazing mouse, and i hand it is extremely comfortable in the hand, it didnt take too long to learn, and became the most useful tool for my healing. Thought I had to change all the spells into mouse over macros (this mouse is not too useful i find for dps specs). I have had this mouse for a little under a year, and looking back I really dont know how I went without it. My hands are quite small compared to a guys hand, so it may be annoying if you have a large set of hands. But really I adore this mouse, and I can play the entire game without ever touching the key board.

---------- Post added 2011-04-15 at 05:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tóny View Post
    Is there a wireless naga and if there is what is the range on it?
    Yes there is, Thy just released the Razer Naga EPIC!

Have it for the past 2 years and i got to say it a nice mouse. Once you get used to it its great but as already said before it get exhausting spamming your thumb. But over all a great mouse Best for me for PvP!

I can only say "got for it" tbh.

I bought mine back before christmas because I had trouble fitting all my binds on a mouse with only 2 additional buttons. At first you think the mouse seems abit small but you will find out very fast its awesome as hell.

When I started using it I had to try and bind as many of the buttons on my thumb to get used to it and now I am currently using all the buttons for binds except 11 and 12 - and I have to say I dont even think about it anymore. Its like driving a manual gear car, once you have done it the right amount of time you dont even think about it when you drive.

I have a bad habbit of using my scroll button (pushed down) for talking on ventrilo (which I hate so unbelieveable much, but I cant find any other nice binds) which resulted in the scrollbutton wheel inside the mouse to crack. Now I cant use my scroll at all which annoys me insanely much.
    Point is, I got so used to the mouse that I cant play wow or any other game without it. I cant even get it repaired because that would mean I am handicapped in all my games which is devasting for me tbh. Theres not 1 day without sitting infront of the computer at some point.

So beware, once you get used to it you cant live without it!

Extra keybinds are great, and the mouse has a solid feel to it.

Only drawback for me was mouse buttons 4 and 5 (the ones to go backward and forward in a browser) are squeezed up in the top left corner by the left mouse click. Since those are the default bind for auto-run, it made my movement a bit awkward for awhile. I just changed to keybind though, since I have plenty now.