Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity00 View Post

There! The first preview ever of Warlock female pets!!!
    HAHAH! felguard misses with sword, but knocks you down with Purse! release spirit?

Quote Originally Posted by sxizzor View Post
    >claim that sex means gender
    >quote post about kil'jaeden
    >claim that just b/c it looks like a gender doesn't mean it has gender
    >ignore that kj is an eredar, part of a species that sexually reproduces
    >therefore kj has a gender
    >qed? qed.

my brain cannot even.
    So link to a Blizzard text/quest/ingame item which references a child Kil'Jaeden had via sexual intercourse. If you can't, then he can't.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    So link to a Blizzard text/quest/ingame item which references a child Kil'Jaeden had via sexual intercourse. If you can't, then he can't.
    so eredar reproduce asexually, but draenei have genders and sexes... as a mutation due to excessive exposure to holy magic?

I'm pretty sure corrupted doesn't remove testicles and ovaries, can anyone confirm / refute this?
    i srsly hope not, b/c broken babies would be the absolute cutest.
    Last edited by sxizzor; 2011-04-17 at 08:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyeranth View Post
    Why dont we just have thrall and Malfurion whip it out and someone can measure and then we can be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Kil'jaeden is an Eredar.
    Eredar are corrupted Draenei.
    Draenei can be created as Male and Female.
    I'm pretty sure corrupted doesn't remove testicles and ovaries, can anyone confirm / refute this?
    As for him being male: he and Archimonde are base on the draenei male model where the Eredar twins are based on the draenei female model. Also, when one of the Eredar twins dies, I think they refer to each other as 'sister' implying either a gender or being part of a religious group (I'm leaning towards gender).
    In fact, based what I can find on WoWwiki, I am exactly right. The Demon-Corrupted Eredar (which are entirely separate from "the Eredar" which is just a generic term for the draenei and the man'ari) are constantly in search of a new, more powerful race to corrupt because they cannot raise their own. They have to keep on expanding to new worlds to replace their fallen soldiers.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

How the f@$%k will change gender to succubus?
    For the Greater Good.
    www.allods.eu

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    (shudder) If people could switch the gender of a succubus to become an Incubus.... That seduce stun they have in pvp
    would add an unecessary horror to the game..
    So its okay that the succubus seduces a female character? That isn't a horror at all eh? Since all females are secretly wanting some lesbian action anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

Quote Originally Posted by cccp View Post
    How the f@$%k will change gender to succubus?
    I DON'T KNOW, MAYBE READING THE THREAD WOULD SHED SOME LIGHT ON THAT PARTICULAR PROBLEM

In fact, based what I can find on WoWwiki, I am exactly right. The Demon-Corrupted Eredar (which are entirely separate from "the Eredar" which is just a generic term for the draenei and the man'ari) are constantly in search of a new, more powerful race to corrupt because they cannot raise their own. They have to keep on expanding to new worlds to replace their fallen soldiers.
    >implying wowwiki
    >implying it couldn't be b/c they reproduce very slowly, a trait which we know draenei have
    >implying ppl who cannot sexually reproduce have no gender
    >implying jfc why do i even bother
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyeranth View Post
    Why dont we just have thrall and Malfurion whip it out and someone can measure and then we can be done with it.

Deleted
    Just because they(Therazane and Thunderaan among others) fit your stereotyped conceptualizations about gender roles does not mean they have genders.
    Then you're using the word gender in a purely biological and scientific sense. I still think its ludicruous to say Therazane the Stonemother isn't female, and using strictly scientific definitions for a physical embodiment of the element of earth is kinda missing the point. But since we're not talking about making male and female elemental models for shamans it doesn't really matter.

Quoting from Wowwiki, and this is something that does seem to tie in with the story I've read so far
    "Most demons were once mortal creatures found on the worlds conquered by the Burning Legion, but have been transformed by their conversion into demonic beings."
    IE most demons are just warped versions of regular old biological races, like a fantasy version of the Zerg. Like most assimilated races, including say the Draenai(sp?), they probably had two genders and reproduced sexually. Whether they stayed that way isn't entirely certain, but the Eredar certainly did keep the outward appearance of it. And its really only the outward appearance rather than their means of procreation that's going to be of concern to the Blizzard art department, I hope. Rule 34 will do and probably already has done taken care of the latter.
    Demons are not all supernatural manifestations of aspects of evilness like in D&D, which is probably the cause of the confusion.

I have to say, this is the strangest discussion I've been involved with in quite a long time.
    Last edited by mmoc5cfc004f38; 2011-04-18 at 12:41 AM.

Did not remember the incubus, I guess that is cool for all the female locks out there to have an incubus instead working for them.

The ability to reproduce sexually is what defines gender.
    If this is true you should really go tell people who are infertile that they, in fact, have no male and female gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    If this is true you should really go tell people who are infertile that they, in fact, have no male and female gender.
    As a species it does. >_>
    What he said is not offensive, just because you choose to jump on top of what he said and call it so.

Are you that stupid that you can't understand what was said? Because in that case; Damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnn View Post
    I started playing the game when I was 11 during BC. I actually discovered jacking off and came for the first time during a Gruul's Lair raid with my guild!

ZOMG this is now about FREEDOM.

NINE....

wait for it...

ELEVEN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YOh-rpvjYg

---------- Post added 2011-04-17 at 06:00 PM ----------

Homop***e is an offensive, derogatory term aimed at insulting white straight people for the way they were born and who they are. And I have exactly as much proof as you do.

---------- Post added 2011-04-17 at 06:06 PM ----------

No demons in WoW are created by sex, as far as I have seen or heard anyway. Therefore none of them have genders to begin with.
    Homophobia isn't like skin color or sexual orientation. You aren't born prejudice. You're raised prejudice. There's a difference.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

Quote Originally Posted by Rammellaar View Post
    Oh god.. I just thought of something.. What will a male Succumbus look like o.O.. The horror :O
    You see 'em everyday. Male bloodelves =P

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoopsy View Post
    thats a vampire....from LoL (vladimire)

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinator View Post
    Homophobia isn't like skin color or sexual orientation. You aren't born prejudice. You're raised prejudice. There's a difference.
    Prove it. Ohwaityoucan't. If a behavior (sexual orientation) can be genetically inherited, then so can all behaviors. You lose.

I agree you aren't "born prejudice" though. You're born prejudiced.

Hey, I'm back!
    And I've brought a couple things.

Coloured version of my female voidwalker sketch:

Really fast sketch and colour of an Incubus. Heavily based off of the existing Succubus model:

Prove it. Ohwaityoucan't. If a behavior (sexual orientation) can be genetically inherited, then so can all behaviors. You lose.

Your error is in saying that sexual orientation = sexual behavior. You can choose the way you act sexually, but that doesn't mean your orientation changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    Then you're using the word gender in a purely biological and scientific sense. I still think its ludicruous to say Therazane the Stonemother isn't female, and using strictly scientific definitions for a physical embodiment of the element of earth is kinda missing the point. But since we're not talking about making male and female elemental models for shamans it doesn't really matter.

Quoting from Wowwiki, and this is something that does seem to tie in with the story I've read so far
    "Most demons were once mortal creatures found on the worlds conquered by the Burning Legion, but have been transformed by their conversion into demonic beings."
    IE most demons are just warped versions of regular old biological races, like a fantasy version of the Zerg. Like most assimilated races, including say the Draenai(sp?), they probably had two genders and reproduced sexually. Whether they stayed that way isn't entirely certain, but the Eredar certainly did keep the outward appearance of it. And its really only the outward appearance rather than their means of procreation that's going to be of concern to the Blizzard art department, I hope. Rule 34 will do and probably already has done taken care of the latter.
    Demons are not all supernatural manifestations of aspects of evilness like in D&D, which is probably the cause of the confusion.

I have to say, this is the strangest discussion I've been involved with in quite a long time.
    Therazane is a name that is masculine in form given to the "Stonemother". Like all elementals, it is an it, rather than a he or she. Just because it acts (or is rendered graphically) in line with our conception about a specific gender role does not mean it is of that gender. There is probably some interesting Freudian angle here with your (plural) obsession with applying gender roles to computer pixels.

Yes, your quoting from WoWwiki supports my position. They have gender-ized forms because they once were creatures with gender, but no longer are due to demonic corruption. Being a big ole demon is just too much work so they don't have time or unable to shack up anymore apparently. Looking through these lore pages shows that there are no sons of Archimonde, no sons of Illidan, no sons of Sargeras, no sons of Kil'jaeden. Even Gruul got on the nasty with sons of Gruul roaming around the world. Surely these demons would have children if they could, right?

---------- Post added 2011-04-18 at 01:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    Your error is in saying that sexual orientation = sexual behavior. You can choose the way you act sexually, but that doesn't mean your orientation changes.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavior

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_orientation

"Sexual identity and sexual behavior are closely related to sexual orientation, but they are distinguished, with identity referring to an individual's conception of themselves, behavior referring to actual sexual acts performed by the individual, and orientation referring to "fantasies, attachments and longings."
    "Thus, a woman who is attracted to other women, but calls herself heterosexual and only has sexual relations with men, can be said to experience discordance between her sexual orientation (homosexual or lesbian) and her sexual identity and behaviors (heterosexual)."

Prove it. Ohwaityoucan't.
    I'd love to see you do the same.

If a behavior (sexual orientation) can be genetically inherited, then so can all behaviors. You lose.
    ...what?! How exactly do you think sexual orientation is inherited? Inherited from who? Their parents? Who are straight? Congratulations on proving that gay and lesbian people do not exist. Oh, wait.

Nothing like being a grammar nazi while making a fool of yourself.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.