Heroic Magmaw 10man

For heroic Magmaw, is it possible for a tank (in this case, a prot warrior because victory rush is OP) to solo the parasites, similar to how they can be done in normal?

My idea is, having 3 tanks, 1 for magmaw, 1 for constructs, 1 for parasites.

The prot warrior and construct tank are the only ones outside of melee, construct tank gets the construct and takes it to all the DPS in melee range of magmaw, where its burned down. Parasite tank gets all the parasites and sits off to the side, within healing range, and just chains victory rushes to help heals.

My concerns are as follows:
    1. The parasites hit a tank too hard to be controlled that way
    or 2. There is no "2 parasites on a target at a time" limit like normal

Would this strat be viable?

Deleted
    Not sure about parasite damage tbh.. seems like you'd be losing too much dps this way. I'd go normal. Two tanks and frost dk/survival hunter/mage/destrolock/boomkin kill the parasites. You should have atleast one of those classes.

Deleted
    Just have a viable class kiting the adds effectively, with a healer out in range assigned to heal them.
    It's easily done with this strategy, assuming the healer actually has a brain and can avoid fire spouts.

Not asking if its the best strat, just if its possible.

If your DPS is high enough to compensate for using 3 tanks it is possible. However just beware that the Construct will still spawn on your MT occasionally no matter how many you have in or out of melee range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahakas View Post
    However just beware that the Construct will still spawn on your MT occasionally no matter how many you have in or out of melee range.
    No, this has been fixed. It now prefers ranged, just like pillar.

Quote Originally Posted by vhaman View Post
    I would advice against it, as I find it more beneficial to have a kiter. Reason being, extra healing, which is never a good thing.
    Last edited by mmoc20c5c09c9a; 2011-04-20 at 12:29 PM. Reason: added comment

also remember you need 3 people to stand out otherwise the construct will pick someone in the melee range and that can spell disaster

Quote Originally Posted by vhaman View Post
    For heroic Magmaw, is it possible for a tank (in this case, a prot warrior because victory rush is OP) to solo the parasites, similar to how they can be done in normal?

My idea is, having 3 tanks, 1 for magmaw, 1 for constructs, 1 for parasites.

The prot warrior and construct tank are the only ones outside of melee, construct tank gets the construct and takes it to all the DPS in melee range of magmaw, where its burned down. Parasite tank gets all the parasites and sits off to the side, within healing range, and just chains victory rushes to help heals.

My concerns are as follows:
    1. The parasites hit a tank too hard to be controlled that way
    or 2. There is no "2 parasites on a target at a time" limit like normal

I assume that would be a viable strategy but using three tanks brings up a number of concerns such as having to gear 3 tanks in a 10 man and the DPS you lose from having 3 tanks.

To answer your concerns,

1. Parasites hit hard, but it's very doable. It might be harder for the tank to kill the parasites without tanking the Bone Constructs as well (will have a harder time capping Vengeance for the damage increase).
    2. From personal experience, it caps at 3 parasites infecting you on Heroic. I tank the parasites and Constructs when do this and I have 3 infections running the whole fight unless we kill them all off.

I'd recommend trying to 2 tank the fight, with your Protection Warrior either fully tanking the parasites and Constructs or have him tank the Constructs near the parasites so DPS can Cleave the parasites down off the big add. Slows, stuns and knockbacks will help to kill the parasites without anyone getting hit.

Deleted
    It is possible, we use 1 dk to kite them around, isn't hard in frost spec.