Fraps and movie maker

So, I'm having some problems with video quality in windows live movie maker. When I fraps the video, the quality is fine, but once I import over to MM and save it, the quality gets very low. I am saving at 1080p, or so I think, but it comes out blurry looking like 480. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheaven View Post
    So, I'm having some problems with video quality in windows live movie maker. When I fraps the video, the quality is fine, but once I import over to MM and save it, the quality gets very low. I am saving at 1080p, or so I think, but it comes out blurry looking like 480. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!
    yeah you got to go to the project tab and change it to widescreen

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    There might a situation arise where the media player may have difficulty responding to the vast amount of data Fraps written to disk. Fraps is optimized for handling large volumes of data, but many players are not. If they can not read data fast enough jumps on video and audio can be present. Remember the raw data stored on disk should be good. If you encode the video in a compressed format, you'll probably find yourself with a video file that plays perfectly due to the file size significantly reduced.

Deleted
    Try using virtaldub to downsize of the video, Frap files can be huge.. but Lots of people find VD boring

otherwise get Adobe Premiere..