Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How do you do it alt lovers do it now?

After 5 heroics on my mage Im ready to call it quits. The retarded waiting time (Best was littel over 25 mins) and the simply retarded pugs you just keep meating. Waited 36 mins last night and got into a group with a "feral druid" using more healing gear than anything that had something to do with what could be just slight helpfull to him.... yay 1 hour waste there.

Id like not to drag my guilds into gearing up something as small as an alt, but seems like thats onlyest option. Now I was just kicked going to the crocs boss in LCOT pulling 1v1 the vodoo mobs (dotting, going back>tank picking up), the tank was going at abit slow pace since it was his first time, so tough I could help abit.. Seems like Intelligent pulls they cant even understand.. how the fuck I got kicked for doing something that can only help... They classfied it as ninja-pulls when it was slow, controlled pulls where everyone was ready.

I wish LFG tool was just removed. I want the old style LFG back and thats coming from a server thats pretty much dead on alliance side. Playing alts in Cata is bloody hellish now.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2011-04-18 at 01:44 PM.

When you queue as dps I just see it as a great time to finish up some dailies, or fly around looking for pyrite and elementium. Just do something else in the queue time.

As for the group you got kicked from, yea just don't pull groups... Speaking as a tank it's really annoying when dps other than a hunter/rogue pulls a group. Just be patient or bail, honestly pulling as a mage is doing nothing but slowing down the already slow tank

LFD doesn't need removing. If you don't like it or get plain annoyed with bad pugs (which is totally understandable) then do it the old school way and spam your trade chat looking for group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    I wish LFG tool was just removed. I want the old style LFG back and thats coming from a server thats pretty much dead on alliance side. Playing alts in Cata is bloody hellish now.
    You really have no idea what it was like before LFG, do you? Playing your main was bloody hellish. Forget about gearing alts, you would waste your life away trying to do that. LFG may have some issues, but if you did what you did back before LFG, you would have gotten kicked just as fast, if not faster, because people didn't put up with douche-iness as much as they do now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)

hmmm... solutions for you:

1 - quest... while slower to tanks and healers, questing is much more efficient for dps classes to level up than LFG dungeon...

2 - use trade chat to pug dungeons old style... just because you don't like the LFG tool doesn't mean it should be removed... you can still do it the old way, just use trade chat... but be prepared to wait much more than just 45 minutes...

3 - do the infamous "BG CTA levelling"... after you get to 85, just buy all the 85 honor gear you can and than start working on regs... or not...

4 - ask your guild... you don't have to take their mains... take people who are bored and have alts too... than not only you'll level your alt up, but they'll also do the same...

5 - give up, go back to your main and stop complaining about a tool that was made to help you and isn't obligatory to use... you don't need more than 1 toon to play the game... blizzard offers you the possibility to make up to 50 toons just in case you LIKE levelling toons up... if you don't, no point doing it...
    I want to have daughters... but if I end up having sons I'll raise them like this X3

...the simply retarded pugs you just keep meating.
    ...retarded pugs you just keep meating.
    ...you just keep meating.
    ...keep meating.
    ...meating.

Hi, I'm Mossmantle. Nice to meat you.
    Sticking in the ol' "No one's forcing you to play in a way you don't want to" adage. You seem to be lazy relying on the LFD tool instead of taking initiative and forming your own group "old school"

Oh shi--....
    Just saw the word "onlyest"...
    Why bother...

Hi, I'm Nye. Nice to remind you that picking on others typos is not allowed.
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2011-04-18 at 03:16 PM.
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

keep meating.
    indeed.

I do it by hitting 85 and unleashing my rage in battlegrounds. Much more satisfying than 35 minute queue times and my gearing is directly influenced by my effort, not the randomness of others.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are so many people who have alts in my guild... I do solo-queue on my DPS alts (my priest most certainly won't solo-queue in her holy-spec for as long as I don't have the spec entirely figured out... it is a bit different from healing with my shamy, after all, and her gear needs a bit of brushing up too, first thing). The waiting times are about 30 minutes. But I only queue when I have the time to wait for so long. I have loads of quests left to do, and I do them for the gold while waiting for an invite. Time flies by when doing the one or the other questline.

At least half of my heroics are done with at least one guildie. We don't mind the waiting times if we can't find a tank. Or if we can't find a healer when I'm not doing the healing myself. Unless it's 8 am on a Saturday morning, there's always the one or the other alt online to keep my alt company

Deleted
    Now I was just kicked going to the crocs boss in LCOT pulling 1v1 the vodoo mobs (dotting, going back>tank picking up), the tank was going at abit slow pace since it was his first time, so tough I could help abit.. Seems like Intelligent pulls they cant even understand.. how the fuck I got kicked for doing something that can only help... They classfied it as ninja-pulls when it was slow, controlled pulls where everyone was ready
    You are the problem.

You aren't the tank, and the tank pulls.

If he's slow, then you have to wait, but of course you can't see that.....

I've said it many times today already, Easter / Half term on the forms and boy can you tell!

Again, I was pulling 1 mob (1!) slowly and controlled. The hole way I had told tactics, marked up mobs and CC. Why the hell you guys think its my problem.. and yes, could try the trade sure, but most people wont bother join over there queu =/

Edit: And again HC LCOT, enters and the tanks starts demanding prio on orbs and people rage and shit, continue to 1st boss and they all stand in mines but 1.

I ask again how can you people bother alts now :/ I really just wanna gear it up and raid a bit on weekends seing the guild has alt runs at thoes times, but like this :s They should maybe consider leeting patch data go trough every wensday so thoes of us who preffer main playing got some tiny bits to do every week damn.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2011-04-18 at 02:38 PM.

Deleted
    Clearly something is being missed, let me make a simple diagram:

ARE YOU THE TANK? - - - YES - - - Pull when everyone is ready
    |
    |
    NO
    |
    DO NOT PULL!
    No really don't do it, I don't care if it's 1 or 2 or easy or hard, leave it to the person who's job it is!!

Clear?

Deleted

Id like not to drag my guilds into gearing up something as small as an alt, but seems like thats onlyest option. Now I was just kicked going to the crocs boss in LCOT pulling 1v1 the vodoo mobs (dotting, going back>tank picking up), the tank was going at abit slow pace since it was his first time, so tough I could help abit.. Seems like Intelligent pulls they cant even understand.. how the fuck I got kicked for doing something that can only help... They classfied it as ninja-pulls when it was slow, controlled pulls where everyone was ready.
    you where ninja-pulling and I would have kicked you too. Unless you are asked to do so, you NEVER pull a pack of mobs, regardless of how slow the tank is going.

using more healing gear than anything that had something to do with what could be just slight helpfull to him.... yay 1 hour waste there.
    Grammar bomb crits you for 9000!!!!!!!!!

On a serious note, it sounds like you were kicked for being an annoying/pushy dps. Unless the tank asks you to pull (usually combined with CC), stand back and let him pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    As for the group you got kicked from, yea just don't pull groups... Speaking as a tank it's really annoying when dps other than a hunter/rogue pulls a group. Just be patient or bail, honestly pulling as a mage is doing nothing but slowing down the already slow tank
    ^ This....

And if the old style of getting a group came back, which I wish it would for the community feel, you would be kicked sooner. (No restrictions on kicks)

Deleted
    My main is a Tank so you can imagine the shock I got when i tried to do Random HCs on my mage for the first time XD
    But since then I have learnt that you can do your Dailies, Herbalism/mining/skinning or some AH farming.
    The worst part of it is actually terribad tanks in my case. Because you can see where they are going wrong and if you criticize some of them you either A) get kicked or b)the tank refuses to move until you have left the group. So i just sit around quietly and laugh at the tank failing at simple things instead and just do my job as DPS and try not to let the tanks failures wipe us.

P.S Don't ninja pull. Sometimes tanks do not want to go fast for reasons unspecified at the time. Like if i am cooking dinner and running a HC at the same time I might not want to chain pull constantly. So if you pull and piss a tank off you will get kicked for sure.
    Last edited by mmoc0ad8be16d8; 2011-04-18 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Typo T_T

Before LFG tool, this is the checklist I would use.

Do you want to do a HC?
    Do you have a spare few hours?
    Do you have a film to watch, while you wait?
    Are you going to lead? If yes, get spamming. If no, look for a group that needs your class.
    Does the group you just got into have both tank/healer? If no go back to movie.
    Did your tank just drop party? If yes, your party has disbanded, begin again.

The same idiots existed. Except that when they joined your party, they just wased 2 hours of work, rather than 20 mins of queueing. And if you lost someone near the end, you're in real trouble because you've got to go back to city and wait for a new tank that could take half an hour.

I felt lucky to have 3 HCs in a single day. The new system is much better.

Again, I pulled 1 single mob carefully to let it go back to the group (To ease on the tank to help him), none was AFK. You guys sure can twist and turn text, may I suggest some of you to go into politics

Deleted
    Tbh I've just given up rolling alts that can't tank or heal, as at 85 the queue just sucks. At least on a tank / healer you have a quick queue before the randomness that is the ppl in LFD.

Deleted
    So, you re-defined ninja-pulling without informing your group, and then get all arsey when they kick you for it? Pulling without TotT/Misdirect OR without the permission of your tank is a big no-no. If he's slow and new, it's all the more reason to give him time, so he can learn. What is he really going to learn about controlling a pack, when you're making it twice as difficult for you in the first few seconds? You don't have a divine right to acquire a 'pro' tank every dungeon you join.

There are multiple reasons the tank could be slow:
    Maybe his gear is low, and he is waiting to pre-pop a small damage reduction CD before he pulls? Or maybe a rage CD.
    Maybe he is checking his Damage Taken/Self healing log pull by pull to analyze his stats as he goes along?
    Or, maybe he isn't the brightest chap in the world.

You're moaning about queue times, and moaning about less desirable tanks all at the same time. They are hand in hand, and people doing things like what you did scare off new tanks before they've really had a chance to begin.
    Remember one thing, you're a DPS, there is no wait time for you to be replaced. If you act up, you'll be removed without any care for you 30m queue timer. Turn up, CC if required, interrupt (something useful) on CD and push your DPS to the limits of your gear, that's your job.

As for the rest of your post, LFD doesn't need to be removed. You can still form your own groups, if you feel you deserve a decent group, then put a little time into creating one. And then you moaned something about people sucking in LFD groups right before you informed us all of your 'heroics' in Lost City, so I'm gunna go ahead and ignore that part. Pot, kettle, black.
    Last edited by mmocf05116bedc; 2011-04-18 at 02:56 PM.

Again, I pulled 1 single mob carefully to let it go back to the group (To ease on the tank to help him), none was AFK. You guys sure can twist and turn text, may I suggest some of you to go into politics

English. Do you speak it? The only time DPS should pull is if a tank asks you to CC pull. Otherwise, you're the type of DPS that we all hate to run with. I'm a healer and I'm telling you this.