Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Are Heirlooms kind of getting out of hand..?

Seems to be that way IMO. We have heirlooms for almost every slot now except a neck and ring, and I think boots/gloves. Now they are saying they might introduce TANKING heirlooms, AND leg heirlooms lol?
    Kind of getting a little ridiculous? Leveling is not hard, nor does it take a long time. I'm leveling a hunter with 0 heirlooms right now and have gotten to 32 in 2 days, with only playing a few hours a day. That's kind of stupid as is, but wait! Lets tack on like 60%+ experience gained! yay! oh wait that's pointless.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Yeah, leveling isn't hard, but some people just don't like it. I have most of the BoA gear for my lock and leveled to 33 in 11 hours /played with alot of afking. But sometimes it's not JUST about the xp increase, it's also the increase in stats and not having to worry about changing things out. Honestly I think the tanking BoA pieces will be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be out of control..

1-85 in no time at all with a full set, people are going to probably be able to just skip just about everything until Cata content.

I can say that heirlooms are as good as they are they can also make all heirloom pieces and give 100% or 150% experience gained.
    the point is to allow people who has a main char leveled to max as it can and want to try other characters /classes with out the need of farming gear every 10-15 level to keep up leveling/playing their char.

Heirlooms not only make leveling easier but makes it more fun.

I don't rememeber how many time i do some low leve dungeon bosst to just get my friends rogue to get a piece of dagger that will be used for 5 levels. Now just go get your heirlooms and enjoy your leveling and new class.
    Erafur; Irreplaceble Tank - Great DPS but No Luck (Warrior)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Ermagus; Arcane Master - But Prefers Being a Fridge(Mage)
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    At this point, I'm sick of levelling and just want to get to 85 as quick as possible on my alts. I'd be fine if every one of my slots was an heirloom.

If for some reason I didn't want to level with heirlooms, I simply wouldn't use them. It's not a big deal. xD

Depends what you would define as out of hand. Being able to cut down your leveling speed having already leveled a character to the cap I don't really see much issues. If you want to level slower, ya know, take them off?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Failmuffins View Post
    At this point, I'm sick of levelling and just want to get to 85 as quick as possible on my alts. I'd be fine if every one of my slots was an heirloom.

If for some reason I didn't want to level with heirlooms, I simply wouldn't use them. It's not a big deal. xD
    It just strikes me as odd as they talked about people not seeing content and things going to waste, why endorse easy mode leveling, as if it weren't easy with the revamped old world shit?

This exact same post was made an hour before yours, so a Mod may want to merge them: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post10976730

That being said, I'll post here what I said there:

I think it is a great idea... Short of allowing class changes, which I think is a ridiculous notion, heirlooms are the quickest way (except for RAF, but that is only to 60) for someone who already has a max level character to level other characters. Heirlooms coupled with the 10% increased experience from the guild perks makes leveling a cinch without making it completely trivial.

depends on how much time a person has to devote to playing I suppose. its great for those who want to burn through levels and for those that don't want to, don't have to use those items.

Deleted
    They don't HAVE to add the Extra experience % gain you know....

/thread

15+ Year Old Account
    even if leveling from 1-85 would take 10 hours it's still to long and more heirlooms are needed. once you've leveled one you should just get the rest : D

Deleted
    You don't have to use them , Its an alternative, an option you decide upon. If you do not want to level with heirlooms, then don't.

I'm not too sure what the problem is about leveling quickly and skipping content. In order to have these heirlooms you need to have reached the maximum level anyways, so you've already "done the time".

Heirlooms are meant to accelerate the process for future characters that you wish to level towards the level cap. They are doing exactly that, and even with the addition of more items will continue to accelerate the process. It is working as intended.

i hate lvling with a passion just do... ive been playing wow for 4 years and so far i managed to lvl a 85 paladin and a 80 warrior all these heirlooms make lvling easier on me so now i have a lock that i'm lvling
    Quote Originally Posted by slappy102 View Post
    I believe you have the option to either run back to your corpse and continue living, or you can take a penalty on your physical body through the consultation of a spirit healer.

I agree to some extent, mainly because I think half the fun when leveling is to gear up and be able to see your toon in different kinds of gear. It's not the same thing to complete all kinds of quests, might even get a blue, but oh wait..what you have is already better because of the xp boost.
    Ofc it's optional to use them, but it is getting pretty silly still.

Heirlooms are fine. There was no reason not to have dedicated tanking heirlooms before, and now they do. It's not like the tanking heirlooms are going to magically add xp boosts to everybody else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnicient View Post
    It is working as intended.
    God, I despise that phrase.

People with heirlooms have already seen the content in some form or another...

15+ Year Old Account
    I think all in all (including guild perk + legs) it's possible to get a 70% increase in XP without RAF.

And I congratulate you on getting to 33 in two days. Currently the "old world" content is rather entertaining and passes very quickly anyway, with loads of new skills expecting you every few levels.

The grind starts during or shortly after the BC content, where there is a sudden jump in required xp per level, you get a new skill only every 5 levels and while grinding content you've probably seen multiple times already.

I'm glad to fast-forward and get back to the cata quests and instances which are more entertaining.

On a sidenote: Why do you care about more heirlooms coming out? It's not like it's hurting anyone's experience if you do or do not possess them. It's just a way to make leveling more comfortable for those with one or multiple chars at max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    People with heirlooms have already seen the content in some form or another...
    So, why not just give us free 85 toons after that, it is essentially what it will amount to.