Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    oh ya, while in hockey its your raw power. You also have gravity against you while playing basketball

Quote Originally Posted by BlastShakeStab View Post
    oh ya, while in hockey its your raw power. You also have gravity against you while playing basketball
    cuz you know, going across the ice on 1/8th inch blade of steel doesn't require balance and finesse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally, i think the NBA usually applies to the upper class. When i go to NBA games i never see any lower class or layman walking around its usually people that own $50,000+ cars personally i find basketball more interesting because its like raw hustle but hockey is good too!
    lol. just the people I want to spend my time with 0.o

Quote Originally Posted by RDIFB View Post
    cuz you know, going across the ice on 1/8th inch blade of steel doesn't require balance and finesse.
    Yeah it doesnt, everyone who has ever lived around ice has and can ice skate. Hell I have lived in new orleans all my life and i can!

15+ Year Old Account
    gravity comes into play with hockey too. They aren't playing in the vacuum of space. Do you even know how to skate?

Yeah it doesnt, everyone who has ever lived around ice has and can ice skate. Hell I have lived in new orleans all my life and i can!
    so your telling me its easier to skate than it is to run. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by lcarnegie View Post

seperated shoulder, wade gets wheelchaired out

jason smith gets hurt and doesn't miss a shift

hockey is the best sport out there. that's is why the playoffs rock. guys put their bodies through everything
    That's such a pathetic comparison. I happen to be a Heat fan and Wade is one my favourites. But in a sport where you have to fucking use your arms, you just can't play without them, can you? A guy takes a hit, yes, it's a bad one, but apparently he has not been disabled to do his thing. So how serious is his injury then?

If D. Wade could've kept playing, he would. The dedication in NBA is no less than in NHL.

I'd say there about on the same level, maybe if your like jumping while you skate or skating backwards or dunking the puck then maybe

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeTarzan View Post
    That's such a pathetic comparison. I happen to be a Heat fan and Wade is one my favourites. But in a sport where you have to fucking use your arms, you just can't play without them, can you? A guy takes a hit, yes, it's a bad one, but apparently he has not been disabled to do his thing. So how serious is his injury then?

If D. Wade could've kept playing, he would. The dedication in NBA is no less than in NHL.
    ive seen guys in the NHL take a hit that requires 21 stitches and get back on the ice. never seen an NBA player do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am starting to like the NHL more now, mainly due to the fact that the officiating seems much more consistent than the NBA. Watching the Blazers/Mavs game last night, I feel like players like Dirk seem to get quite a few fouls called in their favor, and it gets really hard to watch.
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple

And talk about handling a basket ball with the skill that pro ballers do. Then running is not just running.
    I'm not saying that I am not impressed by hockey players, but there's just as much (if not more) skill, finesse, physical demands and intensity to be found in the NBA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lcarnegie View Post
    hockey is the best sport out there. that's is why the playoffs rock. guys put their bodies through everything
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWIto5deZbA I raise you a manly sport with no wimpy armor to protect you.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's such a pathetic comparison. I happen to be a Heat fan and Wade is one my favourites. But in a sport where you have to fucking use your arms, you just can't play without them, can you?
    Yes. Hockey players hold the stick with their teeth... 0.o

I'd say there about on the same level, maybe if your like jumping while you skate or skating backwards or dunking the puck then maybe
    um, they do skate backwards in hockey, its called....BACKCHECKING. i am sorry but you clearly never skated before. once you get used to skating, yes it is easy, but learning to skate is harder than learning to run. and at the same time, in basketball there aint 5 guys running around with clubs trying to knock you on your ass.

---------- Post added 2011-04-20 at 09:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWIto5deZbA I raise you a manly sport with no wimpy armor to protect you.
    love Rugby, that said Hockey still requires a little more skill due to the whole being on the ice thing.

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    I'm Canadian and hockey is a niche sport at best. LONG LIVE BASEBALL!
    You're not a real Canadian, GTFO.

ive seen guys in the NHL take a hit that requires 21 stitches and get back on the ice. never seen an NBA player do that.
    What does that have to do with anything? So as long as you bleed and need stitches the injury is worse than a knee, back or shoulder injury that will take months if not years to recover from?

What does that have to do with anything? So as long as you bleed and need stitches the injury is worse than a knee, back or shoulder injury that will take months if not years to recover from?
    ok let me rephrase. Show me an NBA player take 21 stitches in his face and jump back out on the floor. oh yeah, and basketball is no where near as physical as hockey.

---------- Post added 2011-04-20 at 09:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dystrukshun View Post
    You're not a real Canadian, GTFO.
    /agreed. this and this again.

dont like any of those

soccer and voley ftw lol

Deleted
    love Rugby, that said Hockey still requires a little more skill due to the whole being on the ice thing.
    I agree, it was just to the guy with the whole injury thing.

Deleted
    I watch both the NHL and NBA. I enjoy both equally, all sports are different and appeals in different kind of ways.
    What astounishes me is how you people are ignorant enough to actually belive that either one of the sports are so much harder then the other. Neither one off you could last a minute against either sports top athletes.
    Dribbling a ball whilst runing and facing say, one or two guys is incredibly hard in a high phase sport such as basketball and especially in the NBA.
    Same thing applies to hockey where balance comes in. It takes ALOT of skill to move in the speeds that they do whilst controlling the puck.
    Basketball is really rough on the body and so is hockey. I played basketball up untill I hit my 20s and by that time my hips couldn't take it anymore as they jumped out of socket if I stretched out too much.
    I'll just drop this last quote in here for you guys to read.
    “The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about” just dont do it.