Thread: My bear tank

10+ Year Old Account

My bear tank

Can anyone check me out and tell me what needs improvement and what i could easiely change and just overall if i look ok. One more thing could i raid yet? thanks for all the advise ill hopefully get. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tatroll/simple

catatroll blackrock server guild standerd deviation just incase link doesnt work

15+ Year Old Account
    stop stacking stamina
    stop stacking mastery
    use rawr to help with deciding how to gem/enchant

You should be agi/stam, agi/dodge primarily.

reforging to dodge when applicable.

Again, rawr will only help you.

www.elitistjerks.com/rawr.php

There are instructions within the bear thread on EJ on the best way to set it up.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Uggorthaholy; 2011-04-20 at 10:53 PM. Reason: rawr link/info

The gear itself looks fine, but the gems aren't quite right. You have too many stamina gems. You'll definitely want to switch out most of your stam gems for mastery/dodge rating. You'll lose hp of course, but you'll take less damage and be less of a healer strain. You probably want to swap out that Ring of Three Lights for one with agi too, but not a big priority. As I said, regem to have mostly mastery and dodge. In blue sockets that have a good bonus such as the one on your legs you'll want to go a purple or green gem instead. Your reforging looks fine, but you're missing lots of enchants too. If you sort that, I'm sure you'll be welcome in many raids. Your average iLevel is certainly high enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimora88 View Post
    Vendor turns around, "Yes, can I hel-"
    Worgen female, "OMFG IMMA SELL YOU SOME AWSUM SHIT."
    Vendor looks thoroughly confused, "Ma'am I'll gladly buy it if you just cal-"
    Worgen female headbutts the vendor, dumps her backpack on him, robs him, and merrily hop-skips away.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    Can anyone check me out and tell me what needs improvement and what i could easiely change and just overall if i look ok. One more thing could i raid yet? thanks for all the advise ill hopefully get. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tatroll/simple

catatroll blackrock server guild standerd deviation just incase link doesnt work
    LOL,

You are already ready to raid.

Ok to fix:

Your gem choices is kinda ok.

Here is the list for your socket:

Blue Socket:
    (Note that Stamina's importance changes depending on content)

Red Socket:

Yellow Socket:

Prismatic Socket:

All your Red sockets should be Agility.
    Blue Socket depend on your content, "Do you have enough health to be not two shot, then switch to Shifting Demonseye if the socket bonus is good enough."
    You only need two yellow sockets, and Polished Ember Topaz will help the most.

Your weapon should have the 130 agility

Reforge everything to dodge if you are going to raid.

Regarding your gear, don't use 60sta gems, instead use 20agi+30sta gems (for blue sockets) for red sockets always use 40agi. In Cata health stacking doesn't benefit us (exception is possibly when starting HC raids). The mastery on your two trinkets could be reforged to dodge. You have little hit/expertise so if you find yourself having aggro problems get more Expertise via reforging.
    Gem in your boots should be 40agi, forget the bonus. Gems in legs should be 40agi and 20Agi+30sta. Hands should be 40agi... you see where I'm going with this, rinse and repeat.

Get 50mastery on gloves (or alternatively Str if you have aggro problems), get 50expertise on bracers for threat (no point get 50agi, costs too much for blue bracers).

Drop mending off the staff and get +130agility. 22agi on cloak. 30sta + runspeed on boots.

Replace Ring of Three Lights with a ring with Agi/Sta and Crit/Mastery (reforge the crit to dodge). Reforge the crit from your neck, head, weapon and bracers to dodge.

- Take 2 talents out of Stampede and put them in Endless Carnage (for longer uptime on Pulverise), the 30% haste after a charge barely effects a bear tank). Rest is fine.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions just post

Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    stop stacking stamina
    stop stacking mastery
    use rawr to help with deciding how to gem/enchant

You should be agi/stam, agi/dodge primarily.

reforging to dodge when applicable.

Again, rawr will only help you.

www.elitistjerks.com/rawr.php

There are instructions within the bear thread on EJ on the best way to set it up.

Cheers!
    Rawr data is out of date for bears.

EJ is couple month behind.

Everything is already pretty much covered, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Bear-Guide-4.1 is a great thread for you also to help you understand the changes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auroro View Post
    Rawr data is out of date for bears.

EJ is couple month behind.

And what information are you using to determine rawr is out of date for bears?
    There have not been any major bear mechanics changes since the release, unless you are thinking about the upcoming changes in 4.1?

There have not been any major bear mechanics changes since the release, unless you are thinking about the upcoming changes in 4.1?
    Tangedyn or Katarn been ask by the Rawr creator to help update the data for Bear. Also the creator did said that rawr is having problem with a couple of classes and bear is one of those classes.

I know one of them turn it down.

Buggy (wrong) code has been repeatedly submitted for Rawr, and Astrylian has been looking for someone else to maintain it for some time now.

Not to mention the fact it's difficult to use, and hard to get the results you're looking for unless you know exactly how to configure it.

It's not bad per se, but unless you know what you're doing with it, the results can't be trusted. Not to mention I haven't exactly believed anything it says since Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro View Post
    Blue Socket:
    (Note that Stamina's importance changes depending on content)

Red Socket:

Yellow Socket:

Prismatic Socket:

All your Red sockets should be Agility.
    Blue Socket depend on your content, "Do you have enough health to be not two shot, then switch to Shifting Demonseye if the socket bonus is good enough."
    You only need two yellow sockets, and Polished Ember Topaz will help the most.

Your weapon should have the 130 agility

Reforge everything to dodge if you are going to raid.
    This, except I'd say avoid the +60 stam unless you REALLY need to bring your HP up.
    I'd even go so far as to say use the +agi alchemist's stone.

You should have enough stam from being in mosly 346 gear and above to NOT gem stam. You want to gem Agi whenever possible, and if you really want a blue socket bonus, do agi/stam.

Reforge non-mastery stats to dodge.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a reply to all of yall, thanks for replying but see my biggest concern is that yall say my gear is fine but even with all that stam that i am stacking in bear form im only at 148hp wth!!! not sure

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    This is a reply to all of yall, thanks for replying but see my biggest concern is that yall say my gear is fine but even with all that stam that i am stacking in bear form im only at 148hp wth!!! not sure
    Well, you'll be getting stamina from buff food (+90 agi only, thank you very much! ;p), your own Mark buff and the priest buff / scroll. My Druid's hp isn't much past 155k with full raid buffs and is tanking heroic versions of encounters, I have no pure stamina gems, and only a couple of agi-stam ones. Your armory shows 8 x 60 stam gems which amounts to 480 stamina. Power Word: Fort gives 580-ish stam. So get rid of those stam gems and make agility your new best friend!
    Last edited by mmocfe4ad8b417; 2011-04-21 at 01:35 AM.

Deleted
    As everyone has already stated here, don't gem stamina these days, its not like Wrath where we had the chill of the throne debuff. Go for dodge/stam (if you really want the socket bonus), agi/stam gems and don't stack so heavily into mastery either. Dodge is our new (old) best friend, so agi is good!