Thread: Halfus 10HC

Deleted

Halfus 10HC

Yesterday we had our first attemps on Halfus HC.

We tried it with 3 tanks First, our strategy was to activate 3 Dragons at once and Halfus. After the first dragon goes down we released number 4. This works realy well, but we runned in the enrage with 25% life Left. On HC the Dragons and whelps have realy a lot of HP and takes realy long to take down with just 4 DDs.

So we started to try it with two tanks and 2 Dragons + Halfus on the start, and release one dragon after another. But in this caise, our healer get to much in trouble because of the huge AOE DMG.

There are a lot of Stuff what we can try, but didn't had time.

So a question:
    3 Tank szenario, Release 4 Dragons but kill only 3, so we had more time on Halfus. Have anyone tried it?

Deleted
    How we do it is release Storm, Time, Nether and Whelps at the same time. 1 tank takes storm+time+whelps then 2 other tanks rotate nether and halfus. We totally ignore Slate, but it could be released when couple drakes and whelps are down. Fire mage and survi hunter kinda take care of whelps while dpsing storm down which after its cleaving until 50% where at max can you have 1 drake (imo) alive depending on your gear.

Slate really doesn't give that noticable buff/debuff if you have 2-3 paladins in the raid like we do.

Deleted
    My guild use 3 tanks for Halfus. 2 Tanks rotating Halfus (and they're interrupting). 3rd tank (use your strongest) tanks all the drakes.

On pull we release whelps, Storm Rider, Nether Scion. 1 tank on Halfus (pull him towards Storm Rider), 2nd tank release and aoe tank whelps. 3rd tank release Storm rider, if you have a hunter/rogue I would use that person to release Nether and MD/TotT to the 3rd tank. We then release Time Warden when whelps are <20% hp, and is being picked up by the 3rd tank. With 3 healers we have 1 pala on halfus tanks (beacon 3rd tank). 1 resto druid on raid, and 1 holy priest on 3rd tank, (resto druid switching to more tank healing after the release of time warden).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx7p_MY8IOU this is my PoV of the fight
    Good Luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    We 3 tank this fight 2

We release Time, Storm, Nether and Whelps at the start.
    Tank A takes Whelps + Time
    Tank B takes Storm + Nether
    Tank C takes Halfuss

Stack all Dragons and Halfuss in the whelps.

Bomb Whelps as fast as possible with Bloodlust best to give tank a little time for aggro usually 10 secs

As soon as Tank C has 5-6 Stacks Tank B takes Halfuss and Tank C takes Nether or Storm.

When whelps are dead Tank A takes another Storm so Tank B and C have only to deal with 1 Dragon and Halfuss.

We usually kill whelps then Storm then the dragon wich is the lowest.

If only Halfuss and 1 Dragon is alive we release Slate and offtank him.

We kill the last dragon beside Slate and start on Halfuss.

You dont have to release Slate but we found the stun is pretty nice for shadow nova if you are lucky.

We have no mage so we use Pala bubble + HoP + PvP trinkets to kick sucks hard but it works for us ^^

Kill whelps + 3 Dragons then Halfuss we usually have 30 secs + - time left before enrage ^^

First kill we got into enrage but Slate stunned and we killed him 3 secs over enrage timer ^^

Gl and Have fun

You can also use a Feral DPS druid as a 3rd tank, he can tank well and do a lot of dps after the dragons are dead.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guild does it slightly different. We do use 3 tanks, but we dont pop all the dragons at once. I start off by pulling halfus and running like crazy (priest bubble woot) to where you enter his room to avoid being slamed into the ground from his haste buff + reduced healing spam. By the time he reaches me, the dragons have been released and applied the debuff to him so he doesnt own face, as much. Nether and storm are released at once, and a few seconds later the whelps are released. Once Nether is dead, time is released and generally by that time I have used my bubble to drop stacks and had them reapply so an OT comes to swap with me.

We completely ignore slate as others have said as well.
    Tank setup:
    Prot Paladin(me) Prot Warrior Feral Druid

We usually have 2 fire mages in the raid so the combustion spreading with dragons + whelps gets pretty insane for the tanks, but generally, we only AOE the whelps and not single target them (did managed to do the achievement on heroic without even going for it, which got a few lols in the raid)

we 2 tank the fight

1 tank (me dk)takes nether + halfus the other one (mt, warri) everythng else.

I tanked halfus till 6 stacks, bubble + cancelauramacro/taunt, 6 stacks again then we rotate halfus.

With 5-6 dd (depending on how many healer you use) at least the whelps should be down when the first tank hits 6+6 stacks (maybe +1 dragon dont remember)

unholy dk and fire mage rock this fight btw

dps is low if hitting enrage @ 25%. but its doable to keep 1 drake up as well.

also check logs to make sure dps are targeting the correct kill target in order that you set up. sometimes wipes are due to drake being up to long only to realise that 1 guy has been on the wrong drake the entire time

Deleted
    to pull: misdirect to a hunters/dk's pet which you have at the top of the steps near the entrance door, this gives time for you to properly activate the other dragons so they are actualy attackable and with correct timing you can 'predict' where he is in his run when he casts that first shadow nova so 'pre-cast' an inturupt which means it's actualy inturuptable.

the pet gets 1 or 2 shot if it gets a lucky dodge and then have one of your other tanks grab it,
    3 tanks -> one is time+whelps, one is Nether + halfus and the last is storm+halfus rotation the two for the stacking debuf.
    nuke time first after time dead any fire mages and combat rogues should switch to only Halfus as blade flurry/impact dots can reward them with insane dps.

after time the rest of your dps moves to the other drakes leaving the whelps to be worn down by random aoe from your dps classes,
    after the 3 drakes are dead kill the remaining whelps (on our kil last night we acidentaly got the 'kil 2 drakes within 10 secs' acheve cuz whelps were so low from dk free disease spread and 2 pally tanks aoe) from there nuke him down.

Deleted
    Release all but slate, aoe down whelps and then just focus down one drake at the time, make sure everyone understands the kill order so you don't have people focusing wrong drakes. Once the whelps + 3 drakes are dead you just zerg the boss, use bubble/hop or mage blink to interrupt the shadow nova after furious roar.

10+ Year Old Account
    We usually 2 tank it, For instance last night it was DeathKnight on the Drakes. Feral Druid on Halfus.

We release the Storm rider, Nether Scion and the whelps. Unless the healing is geared away from aoe heals (Last night it was, 2 Paladins 1 Druid)

So we Replaced the Storm rider with the Time Warden, And then released the Storm rider afterwards.

The Slate drake is left alone always.

We do a shit load of stuff to keep the halfus tank going, including a death. But our dps manage to get the drakes down in time for our strategy to work. So it's all good.

15+ Year Old Account
    We did it 3 tank, 3 healers last time in our alt raid...what we did is we had DK and warrior tank Halfus and Nether Scion, rotating when needed, usually when 1 of them had 7-8 stacks, and another warrior tank (with best gear) was tanking whelps, Time Warden and Storm Rider...we never realease Slate dragon

we bring them all together and just burn one by one, and passive AoE kills the whelps...with this tactic of using 3 tanks raid healing was close to zero most of the time so all 3 healers could focus on tanks all the time, and we had around 40 secs left on enrage at the end
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

Deleted
    We usually release whelps, storm and nether in the pull. Release time after whelps and storm died.

Deleted
    we use 2 tanks 3 healers 5 dps for this
    releasing whelps, storm rider, nether scion & time warden at the start.

Tank A on haflus + strom rider ( paladin )
    Tank B everything else ( warrior )

first switch of halfus on 6 stacks, then whenever the other tank got his debuff dropped
    we focus on 1 dragon with '' side '' aoe on the whelps (Prot war rend / multishot etc etc )
    releasing Slate when our first dragon dies ( for us thats storm rider )
    strong cd's at the start ( if needed )
    the further you get the easier it gets anyway.

combat rogues are amazing for this boss tbh

We use 3 tanks, 3 healers & 4 dps.

1 tank take Storm rider and Nether Scion.
    2 tank take Whelps and Time-Warden.
    3 Tank take Halfus with a HoP cancel macro ./cancel hand of protection

We have a fire Mage with heavy aoe/tank aoe/survival hunter aoe take down the whelps.
    After that we take Storm rider, then Nether scion and then Time-Warden.
    When all drakes are down, we release Slate for extra dmg and the 12 sec stun to Halfus.

Its really a easy fight imo. Just the start can be a little bit annoying, but after you take 1 or 2 drakes down its really easy. If you struggle with the enrage timer, try to set a heavy single target char on Halfus a bit ealier, make sure he also can deal with interrupts then :-)