The official QQ Thread about Cataclysm

The amount of QQ threads about cata is steadily increasing and its really annoying when you open the forum to see only "OMG CATA SUX" threads.Please,for the sake of having a clean forum,if you want to QQ about cata,please post it here,so that everyone who is interested in your QQs can see them.Thank you
    Awesome avatar by Resentful

15+ Year Old Account
    It's very boring but I don't have shit else to do so yeah.

Deleted
    You're Q_Q'ing about Q_Q'ing? o_o

Fandral Staghelm isn't a mount.

Deleted
    People will open new threads regardless of this one anyway, seen it before.

On topic : I hate the failing groups/long queues, people need to learn how to play proper! ( elitist too much? )

Cataclysm is boring

That's really all there is to it. This expansion is boring. It's not good, it's not bad, it's boring.

I will list 10 reasons it's boring, starting with the most important point:

PUGGING is IMPOSSIBLE

Especially on medium to small servers. This has nothing to do with raid difficulty. This has everything to do with the 10/25 lockout and all the incentives to run in a guild. Before, there were plenty of players who would run 25 and pug 10, and others who would run 10 and pug 25. Now, you pick one. This has lead to a lot of servers losing the social aspect. In other expansions, there was ALWAYS some content to pug on a server. In vanillas, you pugged the 5, 10 and 15 mans at first, and later on, you pugged ZG and AQ 20. In TBC, you pugged normal 5s and heroic 5s at first, then karazhan, ZA, Gruuls, Magtheridon, and various T5/T6 early bosses. In Wrath, you would pug everything right from the start, even raids. With the introduction of LFG, however, 5 man pugging is pretty much impossible (just try to spam for a tank). With most people being locked to guild raids, the only thing left to pug is BH (only once a week). This has led servers feeling very, very empty, even when they may not be.

It's Impossible to Carry Bads, and most guilds have bads

One excellent aspect of Vanilla wow and Wrath of the Lich King was that it was ok to have bad players in your group. The cheerful wife who can't keep out of fire, her slow husband who cusses everytime his mysteriously keels over, the healer whose numbers are below the shadowpriest. I remember being the heroic lich king on 10 with a dead shaman the entire fight, with the 30% buff. For content that isn't cutting edge, being able to carry bad people is a good thing. It lets guilds form around friendships, and maybe it's possible to teach the worse players to get a little better. Now, however, even on normal mode, the raid mechanics punish groups with bad players too much. This makes us leave our baddies at home, and eventually, they quit the game and we all feel bad. I'm not saying that cutting edge content shouldn't be punishing, but there's NO content for players of below average skill passed 5 mans.

The Raids aren't fun

Because I live in Japan, I have to run pugs on my server. This has made my life difficult because of point no. 1. I honestly cannot comment on the heroic raids. However, the normals certainly aren't fun. I'm willing to bet the heroics aren't particularly fun either. The trash isn't well paced in any of the instances. There are no easy, pushover bosses in any of the instances, or anything like Karazhan Chess or Gunship to give raiders a boss or two to relax. Worst of all, most of the fights make it hard to cover for other people's mistakes, leading to long, long wiping sessions waiting for 1 or 2 slow people to understand what they have to do. Also, because it's hard to cover other people's mistakes, every time you have to sub a noob in for an encounter, it virtually guarantees wipes. Not fun, Blizzard

Reforging and Stat Equalization Makes Gear Less Important

This is important. Before, I would chase gear that, although of a similar ilevel, was clearly similar to other items in that slot of that ilevel. With reforging, obtaining BIS gear is much, much easier, as multiple pieces often qualify, and much less important, as the 2nd or 3rd pieces are much similar in quality. The gear chase is one of the things that makes wow fun, but that's missing now.

Cataclysm killed the Metagame

One reason BC was so difficult is because it took an awesome leader, such as myself, to know how to group each melee, caster, healing and tanking group to maximize dps done, minimize damage taken, and maximize healer mana rejuvenation. When Blizzard dumbed down stats and let all buffs affect everyone for WotLK, I was disappointed, but it was for the best. There was still a lot of metagaming to be done! Gems, Gear, Glyphs, Talent Trees, Different Class combinations. I had a lot of time to theorize on different specs, glyph and class combos. In cataclysm, everyone is forced into a cookie cutter spec, has all the glyphs, and there are now so few buffs that it's very hard to not to have all of them. There's no thought to putting a group together except making sure you have a brez and heroism, no thought in speccing or glyphing your toon, and really the only stat that matters is ilevel. No reason to read or write about WoW anymore, thus the relative lack of interest in sights like elitist jerks these days.

Dungeon Queues

Thirty minute waits for forty minute dungeons does not equal time well spent, especially when we get a surprise phone call just as it's about to pop...

The world is Stormwind!
    I don't like spending all of my time in Stormwind porting around to new area to new area. What's the point of even giving flying mounts in the old world? Archaeology?

Linear Quests

With all quest lines and whole zones being entirely linear, leveling toons has become much, much more painful than before. Where's my choice, Blizzard?!

Rated BGs

I think most people were looking forward to either solo Rated BGs or doing Rated BGs in small groups. Instead, we're supposed to find 9 people to group with instead of 3 or 5. UGH! People loved 2v2 because people like partnering up! On a side note, why isn't Wintersgrasp a BG?!

Archaeology

Too little for too much effort. It's an interesting concept and forces you to fly around the map to old places that make you nostalgic. However, the poor implementation of archaeology makes it frustrating, time consuming and ultimately a letdown.