Poll: If there is option to disable DE roll, you are going to..

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Enchanters vs. Disenchant roll option

Hello, i think that Disenchant roll option is quite unfair for us enchanters, and that its one of worst thing Blizz ever made about professions.

However, many people trying to tell me that Enchanters want it, and "many" used to De anyway, so i decided to ask you, Enchanters. If there is option to disable or enable DE roll option. Wich one will you use and if you are going to switch between them, why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarragon
    Casuals don't read mmo-champion, because they're too busy being bad in heroics.

I think the DE option is great. Saves me the BS hassle of DE'ing items after a run and sorting it all out. What I don't like is that people still choose to greed knowing the DE option is there so they can get it and DE it for themselves. I find that rather annoying.

I would turn it off .... All the nubs are always Unenchanted even with it so why give them free DE option when they don't even care about the maths anyway.

Deleted
    Of course it lessens the possibility "income" of tips an enchanter could get by DE'ing for people a bit.
    But I enoyed the feature when I wasn't an enchanter, and wouldn't be so selfish as to deny it to others. Maybe a chance for the Enchanter to get a little bit of extra mats or something would be nice, but hard to balance.

---------- Post added 2011-04-19 at 01:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StormyNights View Post
    IWhat I don't like is that people still choose to greed knowing the DE option is there so they can get it and DE it for themselves. I find that rather annoying.
    They would have to need it for that. Greed is on the same level as DE.

This is a new and exciting thread...
    "when the eagles go silent, the parrots will jabber" _Winston Churchill

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Hello, i think that Disenchant roll option is quite unfair for us enchanters, and that its one of worst thing Blizz ever made about professions.

However, many people trying to tell me that Enchanters want it, and "many" used to De anyway, so i decided to ask you, Enchanters. If there is option to disable or enable DE roll option. Wich one will you use and if you are going to switch between them, why?
    Until I had my own 525 enchanter, it was great. I'd give all the mats I got from disenchanting to my boyfriend, who would give me free enchants later. If that didn't exist, I'd have had to spend a ton more cash on my enchants than I did.

I do feel the pain, though. It annoys me to no end when I'm doing a heroic on my enchanter and see Heavenly Shards and Hypnotic Dust going to other players. I don't think it should be turned off or toggled

This was discussed when it was released. You're not going to get anywhere now.

1. Enchanters should make money from crafts, not gathers.
    2. Enchanters who were charging money to DE gear from dungeons were greedy sods and have been abolished.

However, what I would like to see is the implementation of the ability to DE soulbound stuff in the trade window. Then raiders can DE their old gear when they upgrade, enchanters can charge for the service, and more people will pay for epic enchant crafts.

Not unless everytime in an isntance someone mines, picks a flower, or skins a mob, everyone gets to roll on it....

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like it and I'd always leave it active. It makes mats less expensive and more easily accessible so that I can post more scrolls on the AH. It also saves me the time when I'm not on my enchanter since about 90% of dungeon runs seem to have one, I no longer have to mail all that crap to be DE'd. Before I leveled up the enchanting, I had to pester someone in my guild to DE my shit for me and I absolutely hated it.

People that don't like it are just pissed that they can't sell the mats for outrageous prices anymore (not that prices are particularly low).

I'd like to see DE turned off on BOE items though. I nearly had a heart attack today when one of the few remaining expensive blues dropped today in a dungeon and 1 of the 5 rolled DE. Thankfully they lost and didn't convert a 500g item into a 12g shard.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

each party member takes part to kill the mob/boss... each party member deserves the same chance to get that loot/dust/gold whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    Not unless everytime in an isntance someone mines, picks a flower, or skins a mob, everyone gets to roll on it....
    Mining/Skinnig/Herbing don't have crafting components. Enchanting does. The only way the pure gathering professions make money is by gathering. Enchanting counts as a crafting profession, you make the money by crafting.

10+ Year Old Account
    the DE roll is great but it takes the cut out of enchanters getting sometimes paid for DE greens and mats for enchants went down a lot. I my self would say disenchant roll only works on BOP items that drop. but its just my opinion.

No Tusk Club.

15+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has had enchanting for ages and who still has it I love the DE roll option. Before I would always start out the runs by asking everybody to pass on stuff they didn't want so I could greed and DE for everybody and then we would roll for the stuff. Now I don't have to waste any time on that and everybody still gets the benefit of having someone who can DE. Then again I've never tried to make any money off disenchanting stuff. If guildies asked me to DE stuff or someone random asked me nicely to DE a few items I would just do it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post

Are you really mad because prices for shards go down a bit? -.-

Quote Originally Posted by jinxx View Post
    As someone who has had enchanting for ages and who still has it I love the DE roll option. Before I would always start out the runs by asking everybody to pass on stuff they didn't want so I could greed and DE for everybody and then we would roll for the stuff. Now I don't have to waste any time on that and everybody still gets the benefit of having someone who can DE. Then again I've never tried to make any money off disenchanting stuff. If guildies asked me to DE stuff or someone random asked me nicely to DE a few items I would just do it for free.
    You're a good person if that's what you always did. Fact is that many people (before RFD! Yes they didn't care that you were from the same servers, despite everyone crying RDF killed manners in dungeons) claimed this and then disappeared with all the stuff before actually DEing it. And they even got mad sometime if you didn't agree on this 'looting rule' which just proved that they just wanted to ninja everything.
    But yes, for those who did that sincerly it was tedious. I never did that on my enchanter because I couldn't be bothered to. Now I'm happy that the option is in and it helps people getting their enchants easier without causing any trouble for me.

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    There are none.
    Last edited by Samin; 2011-04-19 at 01:59 PM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

On for boe items, off for bop items, would make sense

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    This was discussed when it was released. You're not going to get anywhere now.

1. Enchanters should make money from crafts, not gathers.
    2. Enchanters who were charging money to DE gear from dungeons were greedy sods and have been abolished.

However, what I would like to see is the implementation of the ability to DE soulbound stuff in the trade window. Then raiders can DE their old gear when they upgrade, enchanters can charge for the service, and more people will pay for epic enchant crafts.
    Who gave you right to order me how should i use my profession? I have been never charging money fo DE, if i wanted to DE stuff for grp, i did it without charging money, but it was my choice if i want to do so or not. This new system is just focing me to ahre my profession with every douchebag wich is in group..

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the point in being so selfish? On my enchanter I was thrilled with the option, I loved being able to DE for people without having to hand out shards at the end. If it really hurts your feelings that bad, get another profession that you can have all to yourself. It's an MMO, people. Play with other people.
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

10+ Year Old Account
    The argument against the DE system is really pointless.

Before the system: Everybody greed rolled greens/boes and if they won and weren't an enchanter they got them disenchanted by someone or by an alt. On bop items, everyone rolled greed and if you won and weren't an enchanter you missed out on a shard.

With the system: Everyone gets to roll DE on everything, there's no more hassle getting things DEed after a run, and there are no more potential mats going to waste because someone can't DE that blue they just won.

Enchanters are not getting any less mats from runs with or without the system, their disenchanting is just now helping other people skip the hassle as well. I guess people really are THAT selfish that even passively helping others is too much to ask.

And before it's mentioned - yes I have an enchanter, and yes I LOVE the DE system because it saves tons of work DEing for myself and friends.

Deleted
    Same here - I have an enchanter and it saves much hassle and benefits everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lannen View Post

Before the system: Everybody greed rolled greens/boes and if they won and weren't an enchanter they got them disenchanted by someone or by an alt. On bop items, everyone rolled greed and if you won and weren't an enchanter you missed out on a shard.
    If you dont have Herbalism, and you run around herb, you missed a herb, since you dont have herbalism.
    If you dont have mining, and you run around vein, you missed ore, since you dont have mining.
    If you get droped Blue BoP item, and you dont have enchanting, you havent missed shard, cuz you can use someones else proffesion, and you dont need to have enchanting.

How this can be fair or right???