Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

A little help please?

Hi everyone, I got a little problem here.

A few days ago my computer started to really mess up, games are lagging like shit and the computer is really slow. so i decided it was time to reinstall windows and just get things over with. thing is I cannot afford a windows 7 disc, and I don't know anyone who has one. I've heard somewhere you can download it via Utorrent and put in on a USB and install it from there. I have windows XP atm. I would really REALLY love some help from anyone who knows how to do this. other methods work aswell, just tell me how to fix it. THANKS! hyperix

[User has received an infraction for this post. - Cilraaz]
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-04-21 at 11:55 PM.

You're basically asking people to help you pirate it. Which is against the rules, so no. Not to mention, the important part isn't the disc, but the key. Without that key to activate it, you would run into problems after the 30 day trial period.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Deleted
    oh okey, sorry I guess. what else can I do?:P like I said i can't afford one:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a recovery partition ? Why can't you use your XP cd to clear out the problem ?

You said you have XP, reinstall it. That's about all you can do aside from buying something newer.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2

Deleted
    Well, i heard somewhere you can crack them and stuff.

---------- Post added 2011-04-21 at 11:23 PM ----------

I don't have the XP CD. is there a way I can do it without the CD?

---------- Post added 2011-04-21 at 11:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lolhand View Post
    Do you have a recovery partition ? Why can't you use your XP cd to clear out the problem ?

Sorry I don't know what a Recovery partition is, is there somewhere I can go to check if I have it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperix View Post
    Well, i heard somewhere you can crack them and stuff.

---------- Post added 2011-04-21 at 11:23 PM ----------

I don't have the XP CD. is there a way I can do it without the CD?
    Cracking is pretty much pirating, since you get it without paying.
    Is this a prebuilt system, like an HP/Toshiba/Whatever? If so, it likely has a recovery partition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    Cracking is pretty much pirating, since you get it without paying.
    Is this a prebuilt system, like an HP/Toshiba/Whatever? If so, it likely has a recovery partition.
    It was actually a homebuilt computer, no brand:P

If you installed XP on it, or someone did it for you, there has to be a Disc or at least a key you have for it. If not, what you have is technically pirated and we cannot help you.

Deleted
    I really don't want to pirate it, i'm not that kind of guy but at this point it seems like it's the only thing I could do. College really sucks, never have any money.

The problem is, it's against the rules. Even if someone wanted to or could help you, it's not allowed.

Deleted
    Well, uum I bought the computer from a store which builds computer themselves, i didn't get a windows disc when I bought it, nor did I get a key.

---------- Post added 2011-04-21 at 11:29 PM ----------

Yeah I know mate, okey well thanks for you time and advise.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's always Ubuntu o.O if you REALLY can't stand it anymore

And btw, ALWAYS have the original disc of whatever OS you are on

If you were to *hypothetically* be looking for something like you're talking about, I hear that google, or even ThePirateBay might be able to help you.

Deleted
    I can't stand it anymore! it's fracking annoying, can't do anything. even if im watching a movie or something the screen freezes every 5 secs for about 2 secs. hehe, what's Ubuntu?

---------- Post added 2011-04-21 at 11:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tsipar View Post
    If you were to *hypothetically* be looking for something like you're talking about, I hear that google, or even ThePirateBay might be able to help you.
    Hey smartass, you really think I came to MMO before I went to google?

10+ Year Old Account
    A very awesome OS
    http://www.ubuntu.com/

It can be loaded off of a USB drive (I think) and installed

Umm...run malwarebytes, and keep a virus-checker. If it's software related that'll help fix issues on that end. Putting on a new OS is kinda silly. Also a new OS won't fix hardware, if your problem lies there.

If you play even a few windows Games, Ubuntu is not for you. If that place put it together and installed Windows for you, they technically have to supply you with some way of restoring or reinstalling the system. If they didn't give you a key or anything, that's kind of illegal for them to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidSoMighty View Post
    Umm...run malwarebytes, and keep a virus-checker. If it's software related that'll help fix issues on that end. Putting on a new OS is kinda silly. Also a new OS won't fix hardware, if your problem lies there.
    I did do that, it removed all of the viruses and it's still one of the slowest computers I've ever seen, it's not a hardware problem mate I checked everything.

---------- Post added 2011-04-21 at 11:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    If you play even a few windows Games, Ubuntu is not for you. If that place put it together and installed Windows for you, they technically have to supply you with some way of restoring or reinstalling the system. If they didn't give you a key or anything, that's kind of illegal for them to do.
    Even if my warranty is off? cus i bought the computer a long time ago, about 4 years i've just been updating parts. it's worked perfectly up untill a few days ago. I got a virus called Antimaleware doctor something like that and when i ran Malewarebytes and I think i deleted a couple wrong files, after that it went straight to hell. And Ubunto doesn't seem good, if I want to install wow or something it wont work since the website doesn't offer downloads to other any OS other than Windows and maybe Mac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperix View Post
    [/COLOR]
    I got a virus called Antimaleware doctor something like that and when i ran Malewarebytes and I think i deleted a couple wrong files, after that it went straight to hell. And Ubunto doesn't seem good, if I want to install wow or something it wont work since the website doesn't offer downloads to other any OS other than Windows and maybe Mac.
    I highly doubt it had anything to do with your antispyware. They don't usually delete critical files. And if not Ubuntu, what're you gonna do ?