Thread: Computer parts

Deleted

Smile Computer parts

I decided on building a computer myself, but I need help picking the parts.
    This is what I have so far...

Case: Cooler Master HAF 932
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Superclocked
    RAM: Kingston HyperX 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K / 3.3GHz
    SSD: Kingston SSDNow V+100 96GB (stand-alone drive)
    PSU:
    Mobo:
    CPU Fan:

I need help on what Mobo (must have USB 3.0)/PSU and CPU fan (Make sure everything is compatible)

10+ Year Old Account
    Get an ASUS P8P67 LE/Pro/EVO. Get a Coolermaster Hyper 212+ or a Xigmatek GAIA heatsink.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Deleted
    What's up with everyone mentioning "PSU Fan"? What is that kind of shit anyway? It's not like you should hook up your PSU fan to the motherboard, the elektricity to power that "PSU Fan" comes right from where it sits on top..
    Anyway, Do you want to OC that CPU or not? If not, get an H series chipset, otherwise go for the P one.

- Asus P8P67 Pro or MSI P67A-GD65 are popular motherboard choices for the i5-2500K.
    - The SSD you picked is bit on the slow side (no Sandforce controller chip), Corsair Force (not Nova) would be better, or G.Skill Phoenix Pro. OCZ Vertex 2 is also one option, but those may have some reliability issues.
    - Cooler Master Hyper 212+ is popular choice for cpu fan
    - For PSU Corsair TX650 or HX650, or Antec TruePower New 650 or EarthWatts 650. I'd personally pick Antec TP.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    What's up with everyone mentioning "PSU Fan"? What is that kind of shit anyway? It's not like you should hook up your PSU fan to the motherboard, the elektricity to power that "PSU Fan" comes right from where it sits on top..
    Anyway, Do you want to OC that CPU or not? If not, get an H series chipset, otherwise go for the P one.
    Just where does he mention a PSU fan...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Just where does he mention a PSU fan...
    EDIT Neverrrrrmind, Misread, Prixie is tired once again, I had like 3 hours of sleep last night.
    Last edited by mmocf3173aaef6; 2011-04-23 at 11:00 PM.

Deleted
    Looks pretty good so far, though spend the small extra to get a ~1TB+ HDD in there too.

An SSD is awesome for speed, but you'll also want the capacity for less frequently used stuff (+backups)... the only situation i'd advise choosing a single SSD only is when you have a laptop with only a single HDD bay
    Last edited by mmocd3839c8460; 2011-04-23 at 11:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    - The SSD you picked is bit on the slow side (no Sandforce controller chip), Corsair Force (not Nova) would be better, or G.Skill Phoenix Pro. OCZ Vertex 2 is also one option, but those may have some reliability issues.
    True that the OCZ Vertex 2 is less reliable than other SSDs.

However, its safer than any HDD.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Deleted
    Thanks for all the help!

I came up with this:
    Mobo: Asus P8P67 PRO Rev 3.0
    PSU: Corsair PSU Gold AX750 Watt (Anyone know if this one is good and compatible with all the other parts?)
    CPU Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
    SSD: Corsair F120 Force Series SSD 120GB
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB WD5000AAKX

It will work great, but the PSU is unnecessarily expensive if you want/need to save money somewhere.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.